[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

There's not much point, in my opinion. EVE and Scatterer have come on a long way since the configs were written for KSPRC (hence Spectra), the thing of real value in KSPRC is the scaledspace body textures... which are used in Spectra. I fear reviving KSPRC (its ARR so good luck) would not be good usage of your time.

17 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

KSPRC was the main source of inspiration for much of Spectra — it's incredible to see it working six years later

The cool part is, I didn't have to make any changes to KSPRC itself to get it to work, apart from getting the newest versions of the dependencies obviously

On 12/14/2022 at 2:10 AM, Poodmund said:

There's not much point, in my opinion. EVE and Scatterer have come on a long way since the configs were written for KSPRC (hence Spectra), the thing of real value in KSPRC is the scaledspace body textures... which are used in Spectra. I fear reviving KSPRC (its ARR so good luck) would not be good usage of your time.

I actually removed the scaled space body textures sometime back after the base game updated the scaled space textures — and same with the surface scattering textures too. Spectra now only has EVE/Scatterer cloud settings but no more.

I think, perhaps you could make a Kopernicus add-on pack to add back the surface textures, and scaled space textures maybe, but I agree with you Pood that the normal EVE features are probably not in need of revival; there's just been so much that's changed in 6 years. So many new features. That said, there's still nothing stopping you if you really want to bring those back too!

• 6 months later...
On 12/14/2022 at 3:42 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

I could be convinced to ask @Prootto adopt this.

I finally have a machine that a) has several gb of free ssd - and won't melt when testing it. would be fun.

Would love to see this legend be restored! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.