[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

For people who only want environmental graphic changes.

Delete those folders from KSPRC gamedata folder before unzipping.

1.Chatterer

2.Cool Rockets

3.KSPRC

4.MP_Nazari

5.NavBallTextureExport

6.SoundtrackEditor

7.Files Inside TextureReplacer[below]

7.1. Heads

7.2. Suits

7.3. Squad

7.4. Default[below]

7.4.1. Every file with EVA header

7.4.2. Every file with KERBAL header

That should be all. Enjoy your lovely Kerbin and auroras!

This mod makes me cry with its beauty but makes my game cry with its ram usage

I'm a mod addict and unfortunately I can't keep using this unless KSP goes 64 bit but we'll have to wait for unity

In the mean time I am using just your stock texture replacements and Kerbal textures they are my favorites and I can use low res clouds yours are just ginormous and just the clouds use almost 600mb from my ram the low res default uses a mere 100mb or so

Managed to get this stuff working now! I deleted Hot Rockets, Soundtrack Editor and stuck to the EVE clouds and all was fine. God knows why but Active Texture Management decided to actually compress all textures so I'm getting 40fps when looking straight at Kerbin in low orbit with full res and simple rendering, while before it would have been lagging like hell. This is a great mod. I like the sounds of your proposals such as the Squad engine re-textures and the rings. Also, I'm sure the developers of the dependencies won't mind if you package all their mods into yours as it gets them credit through you and it would be a lot easier to install.

Cheers

Edit: Spoilered to save space. During my trip to Duna I noticed a whole load of really nice looking effects that I previously never noticed when visiting it, I can't be sure if all of them are down to KSPRC, but here's 5 shots from my Duna mission using your compilation.

Apologies in advance for the incoming wall of images but during my trip to Duna I noticed a whole load of really nice looking effects that I previously never noticed when visiting it, I can't be sure if all of them are down to KSPRC, but here's 5 shots from my Duna mission using your compilation.

[spoiler=]Mtj782z.jpg

On my way to a circularizing burn I got this really nice shot of the sunlight reflecting off of Duna, looking like it's actually lighting up the dust below, and the icing on the cake is the three planets hanging above and below the Sun thanks to DoE. I know one is Moho (top) but no idea what the other two are as I started to miss my node.

[spoiler=]1jFjyY0.jpg

Here's my unfortunate landing I actually passed over a rather huge gathering of clouds that I hoped to descend through but I unfortunately missed and found this relatively cloud barren area instead, However Ike hanging in the sky really completed this shot as it highlights the dustiness of the planet that this mod brings out.

[spoiler=]Jyv4yjc.jpg

This one made it in as my screenshot of the lit horizon, another effect that again really makes the planet feel like a dust covered dead (mostly at least) counterpart to Kerbin.

[spoiler=]LWqVo1M.jpg

This is one of my favourites! As the sun set I was treated to an incredibly warm red tone erupting from the planets surface which intensified more and more as the sun went down. It truly felt like an alien planet watching the planet burn deeper reds as dust storm came and went....speaking of which

[spoiler=]oeWYhEd.jpg

I absolutely love the effect for dust storms! I had to leave this screenshot in just to show off how great it looks when you have a dust cloud of deep reds lighting up the sky, giving it a temporary red tone, whilst in the background you can still barely see the clouds with their light brown tones combining to give Duna a whole new feel.

Thanks for the mod Proot and hopefully one of these screens will be of some use to you, (though I'm not great at picking shots) I would have planted a flag but forgot to pack one of the KSPRC ones Now I'm itching to get to Laythe or Eve and see it for myself!

Edited by Kerbonautical

Apologies in advance for the incoming wall of images but during my trip to Duna I noticed a whole load of really nice looking effects that I previously never noticed when visiting it, I can't be sure if all of them are down to KSPRC, but here's 5 shots from my Duna mission using your compilation.

http://i.imgur.com/8gSfYt6.jpg

On my way to a circularizing burn I got this really nice shot of the sunlight reflecting off of Duna, looking like it's actually lighting up the dust below, and the icing on the cake is the three planets hanging above and below the Sun thanks to DoE. I know one is Moho (top) but no idea what the other two are as I started to miss my node.

http://i.imgur.com/dHVKKZp.jpg

Here's my unfortunate landing :( I actually passed over a rather huge gathering of clouds that I hoped to descend through but I unfortunately missed and found this relatively cloud barren area instead, However Ike hanging in the sky really completed this shot as it highlights the dustiness of the planet that this mod brings out.

http://i.imgur.com/T81m9NC.jpg

This one made it in as my screenshot of the lit horizon, another effect that again really makes the planet feel like a dust covered dead (mostly at least) counterpart to Kerbin.

http://i.imgur.com/lJXUNBz.jpg

This is one of my favourites! As the sun set I was treated to an incredibly warm red tone erupting from the planets surface which intensified more and more as the sun went down. It truly felt like an alien planet watching the planet burn deeper reds as dust storm came and went....speaking of which

http://i.imgur.com/9ka5JpL.jpg

I absolutely love the effect for dust storms! I had to leave this screenshot in just to show off how great it looks when you have a dust cloud of deep reds lighting up the sky, giving it a temporary red tone, whilst in the background you can still barely see the clouds with their light brown tones combining to give Duna a whole new feel.

Thanks for the mod Proot and hopefully one of these screens will be of some use to you, (though I'm not great at picking shots) I would have planted a flag but forgot to pack one of the KSPRC ones :( Now I'm itching to get to Laythe or Eve and see it for myself!

So they pictures are hosted at imgur, why don't put them in a album which you then can embed here or use spoilers.That way you don't have to apologize for the huge wall of text

So they pictures are hosted at imgur, why don't put them in a album which you then can embed here or use spoilers.That way you don't have to apologize for the huge wall of text

I tried using a gallery a couple times before but I think maybe I did something wrong as they came out pretty heavily compressed. I haven't managed to figure out how to stop it either or what I'm doing wrong yet that's causing them to compress so it was the only way I know of getting them on the forum without killing the visual quality, which I didn't want to do since it's all about visuals with this compilation. I'll give it another shot though to see if I can clear some space.

Edit : Spoilered to save space

I know Imgur albums are a standard here, but honestly, they don't look like a perfect solution either, to me. (i) "Previews" are actually HD images shrunk in a thumbnail size but with the same file size (which is, well, kind of dumb), (ii) you cannot easily display the real HD size, and (iii) you have to load them completely before browsing them, if I remember correctly.

Sometimes, walls of text and images are a lot more comfortable, as long as there are not 40 pictures nor almost-duplicate pictures.

Plus this, It's probably the display size of the gallery that makes it look like it's being compressed to me actually

Edited by Kerbonautical

I know Imgur albums are a standard here, but honestly, they don't look like a perfect solution either, to me. Funny thing is that we discussed that exact topic earlier today with another KSP player. (i) "Previews" are actually HD images shrunk in a thumbnail size but with the same file size (which is, well, kind of dumb), (ii) you cannot easily display the real HD size, and (iii) you have to load them completely before browsing them, if I remember correctly.

Sometimes, walls of text and images are a lot more comfortable, as long as there are not 40 pictures nor almost-duplicate pictures. Collapsable spoilers are a lot more convenient in my opinion.

Edited by Korb Biakustra

Help!! When using this mod, the orange tank texture is compressed and looks terrible! I've found this with other parts too, does anyone know a fix!?

I never had any problems with the textures myself, but if they are causing you issues you can remove them. GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad. You can either take out just the textures and keep the FX or get rid of both, it won't cause any conflicts. As for a fix, sorry not a clue. All I can suggest is make sure you have the latest version of Active Texture Management.

I tried using a gallery a couple times before but I think maybe I did something wrong as they came out pretty heavily compressed. I haven't managed to figure out how to stop it either or what I'm doing wrong yet that's causing them to compress so it was the only way I know of getting them on the forum without killing the visual quality, which I didn't want to do since it's all about visuals with this compilation. I'll give it another shot though to see if I can clear some space.

Edit : Tried to use a gallery and it didn't want to embed. Reverting to the wall.... Links are broken too. Reduced to a simple link because I'm bored of fighting with Imgur

Plus this, It's probably the display size of the gallery that makes it look like it's being compressed to me actually

Look here for either imgur embedding or spoilers http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Help!! When using this mod, the orange tank texture is compressed and looks terrible! I've found this with other parts too, does anyone know a fix!?

Actually, I think if you go into the ActiveTextureManagement folder, then edit the config.cfg. Search for the lines where it says the following:

### Resize the texture by the scale specified. Use powers

### of two for best efficiency. 1 is no scalling, 2, is 1/2

### 4 is 1/4, etc.

scale = 2

Change scale = 2 to scale = 1 and reload KSP. This should fix your issue.

Look here for either imgur embedding or spoilers http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Thanks man but it still won't work even with the correct embedding code. I've removed it instead as after an hour of trying different methods I figured either something isn't working right currently or Imgur has a personal grudge against me.

Edit: Fixed

Edited by Kerbonautical

If you have the images inside an album, all you need are the [imgur] tags to embed it, if that's what you were trying to figure out.

yeah I eventually got it to embed the gallery but it just started showing a dead link placeholder image instead despite the actual link being perfectly fine, I even re uploaded it three times now and it continued to give the same result. No idea what's going on there. I've had trouble with embeddiing in the past but never to that extent. But hey, I learnt how to use spoilers today at least! :)

Edit : PERFORMANCE BREAKTHROUGH!!

So, if anyone has been hitting a performance wall I think I may have just stumbled across the fix thanks to Einarr in the Interstellar thread. Green Skull released a set of configs for Active Texture Management that took my constant in-the-yellow framerate all the way back to it's defacto 100fps without taking away any mods at all. You can grab them here.

I grabbed the high saving version to boost as much FPS as possible and to my surprise I saw very little effect to the visuals outside of a huge performance boost whereas installing the standard ATM's high saving configs really broke the look of KSPRC for me. It may be perhaps slightly adjusting how the clouds operate as you pass through them, looking a little bit worse (can't garuntee as I didn't do a side by side comparison) but everything else is still intact from KSPRC. Amazing looking clouds from orbit as usual and cloud shadows being cast on the planet. Give it a try and see if it frees up some headroom, it did wonders for me and I have Novapunch, B9, KW, Interstellar, KSPRC and many many more without hitting any walls now!

Big thanks to Green Skull for the configs!

Edited by Kerbonautical

I don't think so. Not for the moment (maybe with the future EVE). Now, in KSPRC sunsets starts from a greenish tone to a more realistic light decomposition, which I find as a pretty cool kerbalish detail for Kerbin.

Other things:

Right now I'm writing from my very old netbook. :P

I'm afraid that I've taken a pair of bad choices in my main computer...

In linux I've updated to the new nvidia propietary drivers... bad choice 1. Result: kernel panic from the start, unrecoverable system... (remain free, my friends!)

That leads me to reinstall my main computer... which btw is quite old by now (quad with a nvida from 9 series and 5gb of crappy DDR2 ram)...

With Windows 8.1 as secondary SO (sadly needed for my works)... very bad choice 2. What the hell was thinking MS when they decided to sell that crap to desktop users???

Like we say in Spain (quite related): "my economy is not for launching rockets" right now... and spend my limited money in crap like W8 just to have a standard framework for graphic design... that **** me off for real!

Please people, be patient and give me some days to rebuild the OP, the new releases and so on...

69K3vYF.png

rG8UABw.jpg

Edited by Proot

Simple question perhaps, but I, like some others, would like to town down the blue a bit when on the surface of Kerbin. How do you go about adjust the values in the RSS config and what do they mean? I'd much rather ask anyone that's familiar before I go adjusting values willy nilly. I would assume the wavelength is in RGB, and opacity, but the first value seems incredibly high for it being the Red.

Kerbin
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
outerRadiusMult = 1.026
innerRadiusMult = 0.966
waveLength = 0.9251, 0.5616, 0.4291, 0.8
}
}

Simple question perhaps, but I, like some others, would like to town down the blue a bit when on the surface of Kerbin. How do you go about adjust the values in the RSS config and what do they mean? I'd much rather ask anyone that's familiar before I go adjusting values willy nilly. I would assume the wavelength is in RGB, and opacity, but the first value seems incredibly high for it being the Red.

Kerbin
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
outerRadiusMult = 1.026
innerRadiusMult = 0.966
waveLength = 0.9251, 0.5616, 0.4291, 0.8
}
}

You can hit ALT+G in-game to edit it. The higher the number, the less of it shows.

OK, I have a problem with Hotrockets. The visual effects are nice, but the sounds are completely broken. I built a simple probe vehicle with a couple stock SRBs and they have zero sound whatsoever. Thought maybe it was ASE interfering, but after removing it, no go.

Is there a way to remove the sound modifications without losing the graphical improvements? This might be a better question in the actual Hotrockets thread.

Hey Proot, which parts does soundtrack editor actually change? I have the new intro screen music but haven't stumbled across any others yet.

Also it seems we share a grudge against windows 8. Its the whole reason I wont buy a new laptop

You can hit ALT+G in-game to edit it. The higher the number, the less of it shows.

Thanks, tweaked the blue value a bit. It also bothered me how looking straight up from the surface during midday, the sky was so dark it was almost black. Now it's a deep blue like it should be!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.