[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Hey guys! In the past, my Kerbal's visor used to be a really nice reflective gold with the Renaissance Compilation (see screenshot below):

screenshot112.png

But now, it looks like this:

screenshot232.png

Question #1: How can I get the nice reflective gold visor back?

Question #2: Alternatively, how can I use the Renaissance Compilation features without the visor mod, so that I get the stock-looking visor and can see my Kerbal's smiling face? I tried removing the visor textures from the TextureReplacer folder, but then my Kerbal's visor seemed to glow from within the helmet when he was in shadow.

screenshot46.png

I'm running KSP 0.90 x86 on Windows 7 with an AMD Radeon HD 6970

Just updated to 0.90 while I finish the next version. Btw, if you people are interested, I posted an illustration about what was to be my Valentina for the mod in the contest about the new female characters: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/110612-Valentina-s-Day-community-contest?p=1741194&viewfull=1#post1741194

Curious, do you trim your mods so that you only have the portions that you use? I have far less mods than you do, running ATM basic and I'm hovering right at the crash threshold constantly. LOL

Daawgees, the only things I trim are stock part textures because I use Ven's Stock Revamp for parts, so I use his Prune.bat to remove some of the SQUAD textures that aren't needed.

However, I do NOT use a lot of part mods (no B9/NovaPunch or any of those HUGE part mods, tho I do use DMagic's Orbital Sciences (science parts), boxsat, proc fairings and a bunch of mods that add just selected parts in small amounts). Also, I use the -force opengl flag when I run KSP. That has been said to help with RAM issues for some people.

Daawgees, the only things I trim are stock part textures because I use Ven's Stock Revamp for parts, so I use his Prune.bat to remove some of the SQUAD textures that aren't needed.

However, I do NOT use a lot of part mods (no B9/NovaPunch or any of those HUGE part mods, tho I do use DMagic's Orbital Sciences (science parts), boxsat, proc fairings and a bunch of mods that add just selected parts in small amounts). Also, I use the -force opengl flag when I run KSP. That has been said to help with RAM issues for some people.

Yeah, I've tooled around with opengl. Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Just updated to 0.90 while I finish the next version. Btw, if you people are interested, I posted an illustration about what was to be my Valentina for the mod in the contest about the new female characters: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/110612-Valentina-s-Day-community-contest?p=1741194&viewfull=1#post1741194

Thanks, Proot!!! :D

It will be very difficult to get CKAN to work with KSPRC, because KSPRC overwrites certain portions of other mods (settings for clouds, etc...) and places files in other mods folders. CKAN doesn't currently allow for that.

Well, It would always be possible to create a specific file for each mod that it overwrite. You can see this concepts when applying mods for RSS or different other mods configs. It's a bit of work but I am optimist on this side

Well, It would always be possible to create a specific file for each mod that it overwrite. You can see this concepts when applying mods for RSS or different other mods configs. It's a bit of work but I am optimist on this side

Some more info on that here (from the ckan wiki)

Some more info on that here (from the ckan wiki)

But the difference here is that TAC Life Support (in that example) is overwriting its OWN files. Generally (AFAIK) CKAN does not like overwriting OTHER MODS files (like Proot's KSPRC overwriting EVE clouds & city lights images in the BoulderCo folder) because of ownership and security issues. I could be wrong, however, and this may work in the future. I know mods like OPM are currently having a hard time getting set up on CKAN partially for this reason.

Hey guys! In the past, my Kerbal's visor used to be a really nice reflective gold with the Renaissance Compilation (see screenshot below):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Brynden/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/screenshot112.png

But now, it looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Brynden/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/screenshot232.png

Question #1: How can I get the nice reflective gold visor back?

Question #2: Alternatively, how can I use the Renaissance Compilation features without the visor mod, so that I get the stock-looking visor and can see my Kerbal's smiling face? I tried removing the visor textures from the TextureReplacer folder, but then my Kerbal's visor seemed to glow from within the helmet when he was in shadow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Brynden/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/screenshot46.png

I'm running KSP 0.90 x86 on Windows 7 with an AMD Radeon HD 6970

Bump!

Bump!

#1 The gold visor can be found (at least in the 1.9.0 release .zip) in the GameData/TextureReplacer/Default folder. The name of the file is EVAvisor.png You should just be able to move that file back into your GameData/TextureReplacer/Default folder in your KSP install and the nice gold visor will be back.

#2 I think that is the stock visor, by removing the visor texture you should have reverted it to the stock texture.

I copied the Renaissance Compilation files to my GameData folder, like always, so I have the EVAvisor.png file in the GameData/TextureReplacer/Default folder. But the visor isn't the near-opaque gold that reflects the star field like it used to. ;.;

I'll also see if I can get a screenshot of what happens when I remove the visor texture, causing the Kerbal's visor to glow from within the helmet when he is in shadow.

But the difference here is that TAC Life Support (in that example) is overwriting its OWN files. Generally (AFAIK) CKAN does not like overwriting OTHER MODS files (like Proot's KSPRC overwriting EVE clouds & city lights images in the BoulderCo folder) because of ownership and security issues. I could be wrong, however, and this may work in the future. I know mods like OPM are currently having a hard time getting set up on CKAN partially for this reason.

Yeah, I figured as much. But I really want it :P

I keep getting crash on startup as well. Even with a fresh install without any other mods. It appears to be a memory issue but I have run the previous release even with many mods. Plus my systems specs should have no problem with this.

KSP: 0.90 Windows 7 32bit

Problem: Crash on startup after loading assets but before title screen.

Mods Installed: KSPRC 0.1.9.5

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4h0ohu2f2e0ywe/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Godit

when i load the game all my buildings are fully upgraded and i cant unlock science up to a certain point it says i need to upgrade. Is this mod not meant for campaign

It is a known bug with win x64 version of KSP, has nothing to do with the mod.

when i load the game all my buildings are fully upgraded and i cant unlock science up to a certain point it says i need to upgrade. Is this mod not meant for campaign

No, it works fine with career mode. What other mods are you using? Just incase I'll tell you if your on the Win64 version career IS broken in that manner.

If not on Win64 are you by chance using KerbinSide? Was having problems with Kerbin Side last night breaking the buildings. I removed it, started ksp. Reinstalled KS then it all worked.

If none of the above. Post your output_log.

No, it works fine with career mode. What other mods are you using? Just incase I'll tell you if your on the Win64 version career IS broken in that manner.

If not on Win64 are you by chance using KerbinSide? Was having problems with Kerbin Side last night breaking the buildings. I removed it, started ksp. Reinstalled KS then it all worked.

If none of the above. Post your output_log.

Funny thing is the game will crash unless i put it in 64bit since putting this mod on, maybe i will reinstall ksp i did have a few mods before maybe one of them broke it.

Funny thing is the game will crash unless i put it in 64bit since putting this mod on, maybe i will reinstall ksp i did have a few mods before maybe one of them broke it.

Yea because your going over Win32's memory limit. Win64 is a lost cause dont even bother. But before you reinstall anything... Have you tried OpenGL? Thats the only way I can play ksp anymore. It hurts framerates, but halfs memory usage.

I keep getting crash on startup as well. Even with a fresh install without any other mods. It appears to be a memory issue but I have run the previous release even with many mods. Plus my systems specs should have no problem with this.

KSP: 0.90 Windows 7 32bit

Problem: Crash on startup after loading assets but before title screen.

Mods Installed: KSPRC 0.1.9.5

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4h0ohu2f2e0ywe/output_log.txt?dl=0

Can anyone confirm if this is a memory issue. And if so how can I track how much RAM I am using?

Can anyone confirm if this is a memory issue. And if so how can I track how much RAM I am using?

Looks like it yea (according to the log)

Two things to use, Try using ATM (active texture management): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-90-Release-4-3-Dec-16-2014-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM!

And start the game in openGL mode (instead of DirectX) To do that add this line to the launch properties in steam (right click the game and hit properties, then hit launch properties. ) This generally saves at least 1gb of ram.

-force-opengl

32 bit KSP crashes if it uses over ~3.5gb of ram. those two options can help.

I copied the Renaissance Compilation files to my GameData folder, like always, so I have the EVAvisor.png file in the GameData/TextureReplacer/Default folder. But the visor isn't the near-opaque gold that reflects the star field like it used to. ;.;

I'll also see if I can get a screenshot of what happens when I remove the visor texture, causing the Kerbal's visor to glow from within the helmet when he is in shadow.

Never mind... it turned out to be a video card/driver issue. Also, I learned how to disable reflections with the TextureReplacer in-game toolbar app.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.