[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Love the new textures dude, one small suggestion though....

Tthe rings on Jool are a bit out of place when using planet packs. If you look at my New Horizons planet pack (which ONLY supports KSPRC for eve) or even OPM, you'll see the rings can be made completely customized to your exact ideas. You already created a custom texture for the rings, simply edit it to the correct color, brightness & transparency to precisely how you want it, then set the kittopia congfig to:

Rings
{
Ring
{
Tilt = 0
OuterRadius = //radius
InnerRadius = //radius
Colour = RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000) //this doesnt matter if you want your custom ring to display exactly as you created it
LockRot = True //locks ring rotation, so planet rotates, but rings don't (stops the wibbly-wobbly rings when orbiting Jool)
Unlit = True //sets custom ring texture to display fully with same color, brightness & transparency as the texture has)
}

Usually packs create rings with 1x1024 textures, and great designs can be made from them so don't worry about creating too high-res textures. Looking forward to future updates dude, keep up the good work!

Thanks for that tip! Great work btw!

EDIT:

I'm retouching a lot of things and probably the next version is coming soon (sooner than usual).

Scattering mod is close to be ready and seems to be much better than expected. So I hope to have the new version as soon as 1.0 get out and the mods of the KSPRC frame are updated.

Chatterer sounds will be back.

(New) Smokescreen effects will be back.

And a lot of new surprises... :D

Edited by Proot

EDIT:

I'm retouching a lot of things and probably the next version is coming soon (sooner than usual).

Scattering mod is close to be ready and seems to be much better than expected. So I hope to have the new version as soon as 1.0 get out and the mods of the KSPRC frame are updated.

Hurray Proot. Looking forward to this new release. You are great and I like your mod a lot :)

Keep up the great work please.

Sounds great! One tip for you though with the scatterer mod. After messing around with it for a few hours after my post, I had the mod bug out twice in the same way. The KSC main screen zooms in on the SPH and you can't click on anything. It's a bug with scatterer that I've been fixing by simply removing the scattering mod (I'm also running -force-OpenGL if that has anything to do with this). Use it only if you easily can! Also the mod makes night time stars invisible from Kerbin at night so...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

EDIT:

The weird effect on moon shapes and textures with mods like OPM being addressed? Or maybe it's some simple fix I can check into with a cfg file or something?

Sorry for doing a few large constructive posts in a row, but when I first started using texture and environment enhancing packs, I combined elements of Astronomers' pack into your Renaissance pack because it had a few things that where more state of the art then Renaissance had at the time.

Namely I found Kerbin's cloud textures more intrusive then I wanted, so I replaced them with the clouds from Astronomers. Astronomers pack had cloud textures without hurricanes and Renaissance did. I used Astronomers clouds because I wanted them to be more accurate to the state of the game (no weather in KSP so far). - the other thing I tried to do was add the multi-layered coronas that Astronomers pack had, but I had no luck.

IMO the way you did Moho's ablation is far superior to the way Astronomers did it, and over all your planet colors are far better.

If I have any more comments about what I liked about Astronomers and Renaissance and what I personally like the most (just my opinion), I'll keep you posted. Oh! And if I wanted to make the yellow hand rails from your redone part textures, would it be easy for me to do so? I would if I could. ;)

EDIT: I'll upload an updated album of things in the hour.

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Uploading SOON(tm)

EDIT:

Awesome news! Is this the one with the EVE overhaul? I saw your pic on the scatterer thread and I can't wait to see what that will look like combined with clouds!

I bet you love waiting on the bug reports to roll in when you release a new version huh Proot?

0.2 somehow seems to break the shapes of the moons Ovok and Wal in the Outer Planets Mod. They are both completely round now and the textures on Wal are all fubar :(

Didn't see this before, sorry. But I'm afraid that is not a problem with KSPRC: EVE and RSS configs remains as in the previous version. Must be another thing.

The weird effect on moon shapes and textures with mods like OPM being addressed? Or maybe it's some simple fix I can check into with a cfg file or something?

I don't know what are you talking about. At least show me a screen, please, I don't have many time lately to play... so I'm not familiarized with the actual planets extensions mods. But, again, my environmental confirgs remains as in previous versions, so I'm suspecting that is not a KSPRC issue.

Sorry for doing a few large constructive posts in a row, but when I first started using texture and environment enhancing packs, I combined elements of Astronomers' pack into your Renaissance pack because it had a few things that where more state of the art then Renaissance had at the time.

Namely I found Kerbin's cloud textures more intrusive then I wanted, so I replaced them with the clouds from Astronomers. Astronomers pack had cloud textures without hurricanes and Renaissance did. I used Astronomers clouds because I wanted them to be more accurate to the state of the game (no weather in KSP so far). - the other thing I tried to do was add the multi-layered coronas that Astronomers pack had, but I had no luck.

IMO the way you did Moho's ablation is far superior to the way Astronomers did it, and over all your planet colors are far better.

If I have any more comments about what I liked about Astronomers and Renaissance and what I personally like the most (just my opinion), I'll keep you posted. Oh! And if I wanted to make the yellow hand rails from your redone part textures, would it be easy for me to do so? I would if I could. :wink:

EDIT: I'll upload an updated album of things in the hour.

Thanks for your criticism, very appreciated. But, please, stay away from the AVP(or any other pack) vs KSPRC topic ;)

No so much time ago, all we were in the EVE and TR threads, improving all this together, step by step. I have great memories from that days and I appreciate and respect every one of the modders & users. Their efforts allways adds something to this game, and this deserves our full respect.

Still remember when clouds were only a plain texture over kerbin. My first pack of clouds just added a fake shadow effect to that idea.

Look what we build thogether, finally, thanks to people like Shaw or Rbray89.

Trial and error, experimentation, education. That is the basis of science, and that path leads us always to our best achievements. :)

Thanks for your criticism, very appreciated. But, please, stay away from the AVP(or any other pack) vs KSPRC topic ;)

I won't again. Sorry :P

Anyhoo, here are some gigantic Imgur albums of every planet, and every redone part in KSPRC [V-0.2]:

Celestial Bodies:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Parts:

Later!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I don't know what are you talking about. At least show me a screen, please, I don't have many time lately to play... so I'm not familiarized with the actual planets extensions mods. But, again, my environmental confirgs remains as in previous versions, so I'm suspecting that is not a KSPRC issue.

Here are images of the 2 moons, the only difference between the 2 saves is 1.9.5 the other is 0.2, I simply copied my original game over and copied 0.2 on top of it.

Here are images of the 2 moons, the only difference between the 2 saves is 1.9.5 the other is 0.2, I simply copied my original game over and copied 0.2 on top of it.

http://imgur.com/a/Frown

Maybe it's because KSPRC uses Kittopia Tech, but OPM uses the version of Kittopia Tech from KopernicusTech? You could try replacing the plugin with the one from OPM and see if that helps. At least, if you installed OPM after the earlier version of this mod.

Maybe it's because KSPRC uses Kittopia Tech, but OPM uses the version of Kittopia Tech from KopernicusTech? You could try replacing the plugin with the one from OPM and see if that helps. At least, if you installed OPM after the earlier version of this mod.

That seems to be exactly what was wrong :)

At first glance it appears leaving the original OPM KittopiaTech plugin (Which was in a directory with a Capital P for plugins) and removing the lowercase p plugin directory with KSPRC did the trick!

Thanks.

I love this mod, but to be honest I haven't installed it because it's not on CKAN.

If it were on ckan just as a mod bundle that installed all the dependencies, then you had to manually install your files I'd even be good with that, because ask pjf on #ckan, but I'm pretty sure CKAN can't do overwriting

I love this mod, but to be honest I haven't installed it because it's not on CKAN.

If it were on ckan just as a mod bundle that installed all the dependencies, then you had to manually install your files I'd even be good with that, because ask pjf on #ckan, but I'm pretty sure CKAN can't do overwriting

Sorry, I'm pretty outdated right now, specially with this CKAN thing.

But I wold try to include that posibility for the next version.

All of the dependencies aren't on CKAN? That's what I thought, anyway. CKAN cannot do overwriting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.