[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I use a Mac, and I had this problem too with other mods - at first. THen I spent 5 minutes to look it up and learned that you must drop and drag the file you want to merge, while holding down alt. I think that the options are something like replace all, or it will appear correctly and say merge. It's takes a little fiddling, and somethings doesn't work at all, but is there.

I use a Mac, and I had this problem too with other mods - at first. THen I spent 5 minutes to look it up and learned that you must drop and drag the file you want to merge, while holding down alt. I think that the options are something like replace all, or it will appear correctly and say merge. It's takes a little fiddling, and somethings doesn't work at all, but is there.

Yup, this is how you do it.

ANY MAC USERS: Can you please report your findings with using KSPRC, and with what other mods are you using it? I am on Mavericks and I have been having stability issues with KSPRC.

While I'm completely unfamiliar with Macs (my specialties are PC and Linux), I do know Macs are UNIX-based and have a (mostly) POSIX-compliant shell language. Is there any way you could use the terminal to do something like:

cp -Rf KSPRC/* KSP

Where KSPRC is the extracted KSPRC folder and KSP is your normal KSP directory?

This does work, but you need the file paths to both folders; a tip that not a lot of people seem to be aware of is that the OSX Terminal has drag-and-drop support, so you can type "cp -r " and then drag your KSPRC folder onto it and then drag your main KSP folder onto it. Horribly unintuitive though.

This has been present since OSX Lion. Hold down Option while dragging and it will give you an option to either "Merge" in Lion or "Keep Both in Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

I installed everything according to instructions, it works and is beautiful, like I am playing a whole new and better game.

Only problem : I have no exhaust from my engines, the cryogenic mod works, but not the regular exhaust graphics.

Any ideas ?

I installed everything according to instructions, it works and is beautiful, like I am playing a whole new and better game.

Only problem : I have no exhaust from my engines, the cryogenic mod works, but not the regular exhaust graphics.

Any ideas ?

Do you have smokescreen.dll in your GameData folder? You may have to re-install that from the HotRockets package.

Love the work you have put into getting this all together! It has certainly made my game "pop". I was curious about the sound that is made when you go EVA. I get a sort of aircraft woooshing noise then I hear the breathing. I'm guessing I missed a step somewhere in the install here, or is that noise normal?

Thanks again for the effort you put into this!

@Proot: Could you move custom settings for TR to some other file since @Default.cfg will get overridden when people update TR? Create KSPRC.cfg, for example, that should contain options that differ form the stock @Default.cfg.

@Proot: Could you move custom settings for TR to some other file since @Default.cfg will get overridden when people update TR? Create KSPRC.cfg, for example, that should contain options that differ form the stock @Default.cfg.

Of course Shaw, I'll do it for the next update. Thanks for the advice!

Love the work you have put into getting this all together! It has certainly made my game "pop". I was curious about the sound that is made when you go EVA. I get a sort of aircraft woooshing noise then I hear the breathing. I'm guessing I missed a step somewhere in the install here, or is that noise normal?

Thanks again for the effort you put into this!

That's from Chatterer and entirely normal. Airlock, then kerbals breathing in the suit.

lol I had the crazy idea of adding clouds to the sun so it looks something like brightness or... whatever...

I've tried that. Seem like the light source is so high that any texture over it acts as a kind of chinese shadow. If you find some way to do that would be very cool to fake some solar flames.

Edited by Proot

lol I had the crazy idea of adding clouds to the sun so it looks something like brightness or... whatever...

I've tried that. Seems like the light source is too high so any texture over it acts as a kind of chinese shadow. If you fond some way to do it that woudl be very cool to fake some solar flames.

Wow. I don't knew that Mac don't merge folders... Well... that is a small problem.

Is probably the first serious issue to think in redistribute the mods... but I don't like that idea, because a lot of it are still under development...

Are not any mod installers for MAC on spaceport or here in the forum?

I use mac and to solve all problems you should simply include every dependent folder with its already updated files and all remaining original file. Otherwise, this mod thread will be filled with people messing up and posting questions. Also, I have had to remove ATM as it won't even let my game load, while on full resolution without atm the game runs fine. Chatter seems to not work either. The sounds don't play at all. Maybe they are mp3's? Mp3's won't play on a Mac with soundtrack editor.

1. Can't do it, licenses. If there's an instruction in the OP for how to merge folders on Mac, that would probably be best.

2. Did you read ATM's readme? Did you note how it says "when launching KSP, it will appear to hang on loading, and when launching KSP with ATM for the first time, it will appear to hang for a VERY LONG TIME, let it be"? Did you just decide it had hanged and killed it, or did it actually crash?

That's from Chatterer and entirely normal. Airlock, then kerbals breathing in the suit.

Thanks Obsessed. Wasn't sure if it was something added/tweaked by Proot or it was default behavior of the chatterer mod. I should have been more specific. I appreciate you at least clearing the matter up.

Thanks Obsessed. Wasn't sure if it was something added/tweaked by Proot or it was default behavior of the chatterer mod. I should have been more specific. I appreciate you at least clearing the matter up.

Well, I mean, I didn't have Chatterer before this pack so I couldn't say whether Proot has tweaked its default sounds or not, but I do know for sure that that's where the sounds are coming from. It's normal in the sense that that's what's supposed to happen.

Side note: I'd always thought Chatterer was a silly mod. It's pretty much useless and the memory could be used for other things. But since downloading this pack, I have to say.. it adds so much to the experience! I like the immersion even if it is just nonsense noises they make. It's like Final Frontier - doesn't do a lot, but what it does do adds so much to the game. From now on, I shall never have a bad thing to say about Chatterer.

I just have a terrible time typing lately so just getting that question out pretty well sucked to say the least. So again I appreciate it. Found the offending file and removed. Was driving person sharing this hospital suite with nuts when I was doing EVA reports around mun. :) Thanks again.

1. Can't do it, licenses. If there's an instruction in the OP for how to merge folders on Mac, that would probably be best.

2. Did you read ATM's readme? Did you note how it says "when launching KSP, it will appear to hang on loading, and when launching KSP with ATM for the first time, it will appear to hang for a VERY LONG TIME, let it be"? Did you just decide it had hanged and killed it, or did it actually crash?

I thought he got the permissions? Oh well, just a bit of work for the big pay-off.

Hmm, I have done chores while waiting for it to load, but it just says application not responding. Maybe I'll let it run over night? lol

Well, I mean, I didn't have Chatterer before this pack so I couldn't say whether Proot has tweaked its default sounds or not, but I do know for sure that that's where the sounds are coming from. It's normal in the sense that that's what's supposed to happen.

Side note: I'd always thought Chatterer was a silly mod. It's pretty much useless and the memory could be used for other things. But since downloading this pack, I have to say.. it adds so much to the experience! I like the immersion even if it is just nonsense noises they make. It's like Final Frontier - doesn't do a lot, but what it does do adds so much to the game. From now on, I shall never have a bad thing to say about Chatterer.

Proot added it in because it's not a default Chatterer sound. I have to say the audio in this mod is absolutely fantastic. Adds so much to the experience in my opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.