[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Hello! MatoroIgnika suggested I make WindowShine Compatible with KSPRC (And I was already wanting to), so I did it.

Installation:

1. Install KSPRC

2. Install WindowShine

3. Overwrite TextureReplacer with this: KSPRC+WindowShine (Dropbox)

- Edit: Proot, also note that there are a few textures that are still .dds in parts. I think the Gigantor is one of them.

I did what you said but, I dont think it works.

- Edit - I couldnt install WindowShine on stock ksp either. Seems like Im doing something wrong.

Edited by qromodynmc

Okay, Proot has allowed me to share my config, and here is it! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow9h5fspmm1eerl/KSPRC_Kopernicus.zip?dl=0

Unzip the contents of the .zip into your GameData folder and delete the KittopiaSpace and RealSolarSystem folders. They aren't needed anymore. :)

Hello Thomas, can you please explain further how to get all of this to work on 104?

I download the original .90 mod, then delete KittopiaSpace folder and apply your file? Do I need Kopernicus mod and/or RSS?

Thank you!

You need to download KSPRC v0.2 and install it into your GameData folder. Update PlanetShine and DistantObject, and then delete the KittopiaSpace folder and the RealSolarSystem folder. Then, you unzip the contents of my patch (i.e. Kopernicus/- and KSPRC/- folders) into your GameData. You don't need anything else.

Sorry Thomas, but no donut :(

Tried many times. Tried as well on a brand new installation of the game with only the mods you've listed above + Stock Bug Fix modules: (I've tried without SBFM as well)

Capture.jpg

Game loads fine (new game) but whenever I click on any building at ksc, I get the bug where nothing else is clickable, not even able to back to main menu.

Output log shows exceptions for nearly all textures as:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameDatabase.TextureInfo..ctor'.

at DDSLoader.DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)

:MoveNext()

And:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TRGui.onGUIApplicationLauncherUnreadifying (GameScenes scenes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.OnSceneLoadRequested (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorDriver.StartEditor (EditorFacility facility) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VehicleAssemblyBuilding.OnClicked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterBuilding.EnterBuilding () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterBuilding.OnLeftClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterBuilding+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here's the full output log.

On a side note: it was throwing "corrupted asset9" from your file, I've replaced with the one I have from EVE+AVP to see if that would fix, but didn't.

Edited by JeeF

Sorry Thomas, but no donut :(

Tried many times. Tried as well on a brand new installation of the game with only the mods you've listed above + Stock Bug Fix modules: (I've tried without SBFM as well)

http://s16.postimg.org/noll6ddf9/Capture.jpg

Game loads fine (new game) but whenever I click on any building at ksc, I get the bug where nothing else is clickable, not even able to back to main menu.

Output log shows exceptions for nearly all textures as:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameDatabase.TextureInfo..ctor'.

at DDSLoader.DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)

:MoveNext()

And:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TRGui.onGUIApplicationLauncherUnreadifying (GameScenes scenes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.OnSceneLoadRequested (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorDriver.StartEditor (EditorFacility facility) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VehicleAssemblyBuilding.OnClicked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterBuilding.EnterBuilding () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterBuilding.OnLeftClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterBuilding+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here's the full output log.

On a side note: it was throwing "corrupted asset9" from your file, I've replaced with the one I have from EVE+AVP to see if that would fix, but didn't.

Try installing just texturereplacer and adding the KSPRC texturereplacer files in. That should work.

I did what you said but, I dont think it works.

- Edit - I couldnt install WindowShine on stock ksp either. Seems like Im doing something wrong.

You need to install TextureReplacer too before WindowShine. Was that possibly the issue? I but an insert above the download. ;)

Try installing just texturereplacer and adding the KSPRC texturereplacer files in. That should work.
And delete .dds Loader! :)

Did both and it worked, thank you.

Now the question is, how do I get this to work with RSS?

When you said "Delete RSS folder, is no longer necessary" I thought the mod was already included, however the planet is small stock, not RSS.

Update: Tried installing RSS + 8K textures. It loads alright and the planet still looks fantastic, however I have flickering horizon ghost textures and the sky looks bad.

Edited by JeeF

I've installed this mod and had the same trouble as Jeef. I've been able to rectify the freezing by deleting the DDSLoader folder altogether, and reinstalling Planetshine's latest version and Texture Replacer separately and then importing files.

However, I still have two main glitches,

1) Kerbal's helmets are fogged/glazed over. You can kinda see through them, but it's obvious that it isn't supposed to look that way. They're orange, with a faint, fuzzy point of light reflected, and, well, glazed like a donut.

2) When going into orbit, around 50-60k, the sky goes from having an almost stock color arrangement, to a the high orbital 'atmo blue' haze that is actually quite strong, and makes all the land look blue as well, so that when de-orbiting, I really have to look hard to see that I'm landing on land, and not water. It's a very abrupt color shift. While the effect of more atmo is cool, I am not sure if this was the intended effect, or if something has gone wrong.

I already had Engine Lighting, Mechjeb, EVE, Planetshine, and Astromoner's pack installed. I just overrode all the files, but I'm going to try it on a clean install this evening. I'll let you know if that clears it up.

Joe, many thanks for your offerings, but I already have clouds and parts basically done.

Let's see a pic of Kerbin's moons, Mun and Minmus. Comparison:

-snip-

Oh good. The Mun was way too dark. Also, Minmus seems less edible now. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Just for french people who search here for keeping KSPRC working.

Traduction of the French method :

Problem of dll, the procedure was badly made. Here it is again for the maj 1.0.2 ( or 4 ) :

- Once KSPRC downloaded, to unzip it somewhere on C: then, inside, suppress files RealSolarSystem, DDSLoader and KSP_Data.

- Download PlanetShine, DistantObject and TextureReplacer in their lastest version.

- For each of these mods, copy plugin (file dll) in their respective file, in the KSPRC file.

- Put the file KSPRC in Gamedata of your KSP

- Enjoy!

You can forge that you want in Texture to Replace and to personalize the mod as you please.

Pour les français qui traînent par ici, la solution en français est disponible ici plus clairement : http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/90975-1.0.2-Kerbal-Space-Program-La-Foire-aux-Mods.?p=8872640&viewfull=1#post8872640

Edited by iDInkeD06

I was able to get rid of the fuzzy texture for the visor helmets by deleting any references to visor helmets in my Default folder under Texture replacer.

One final thing I have noted is there is no camera lens flare when looking at the sun. The sun just appears as a white sphere with absolutely no effects for it. Is this intentional? If not, hmm..

1) Kerbal's helmets are fogged/glazed over. You can kinda see through them, but it's obvious that it isn't supposed to look that way. They're orange, with a faint, fuzzy point of light reflected, and, well, glazed like a donut.

This is not a glitch I don't believe...it's due to the file EVAVisor.png in TextureReplacer/Default/ folder. Proot has changed the texture of the visor on EVA. The fuzzy point of light is the sun reflecting off it and that's a Texture Replacer bug I believe...reflections not working properly on the Intro/Start screen.

2) When going into orbit, around 50-60k, the sky goes from having an almost stock color arrangement, to a the high orbital 'atmo blue' haze that is actually quite strong, and makes all the land look blue as well, so that when de-orbiting, I really have to look hard to see that I'm landing on land, and not water. It's a very abrupt color shift. While the effect of more atmo is cool, I am not sure if this was the intended effect, or if something has gone wrong.

I believe it's always been like this, the Atmo looks really thick and really blue shifts the colors from orbit.

I was able to get rid of the fuzzy texture for the visor helmets by deleting any references to visor helmets in my Default folder under Texture replacer.

One final thing I have noted is there is no camera lens flare when looking at the sun. The sun just appears as a white sphere with absolutely no effects for it. Is this intentional? If not, hmm..

If you installed the sharedassets file that was packaged with the download, you removed it. I believe there is mention of this issue in the OP or somewhere within the thread, but the sunflare was moved from the old location in either .90 or 1.0 (can't recall which). You need to either grab the texture out of the sharedassets file provided by Proot and put it in the correct one, or just leave the sunflare alone for now. To get your old sunflare back, you will have to replace the sharedassets file provided in the download with the original file.

Edited by Ignath

Hey Proot have you considered including something like the biofluorescent night side of Laythe from Astronomers?

http://i.imgur.com/uy5gcWj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UNdaJnN.png

Looks so cool (and kinda creepy), but they have the clouds glowing. Would it be possible to make the effect so it looks like it's coming from the water? If you consider adding something like this.

Of course not just what Astronomer's uses. Edited to reflect that.

Edited by potetr

I was working on a challenge a few days ago, while, trying to land on Eve, I noticed...

TaOI0bP.png

My mind was completely off for a few minutes, in front of such beautyness!!! Kudos to you Proot.

Ksp 1.04, 32 bit, KSPRC 0.90 with updated mods.

Hm. I still need some help here. I still cannot get the lens flare or sun effects to work?

I have installed Kittopia and then overwrote files. I have installed the files under the Real Solar System folder INCLUDED in KSPRC, however I have not installed RSS in full, (I don't desire too), and I had Distant Object, EVE and Texture Replacer installed and overwrote their files from the mod folder as well.

Still no lens flare, still dull, matte, glazed over visors. Back to the drawing board on this.

I was working on a challenge a few days ago, while, trying to land on Eve, I noticed...

http://i.imgur.com/TaOI0bP.png

My mind was completely off for a few minutes, in front of such beautyness!!! Kudos to you Proot.

Ksp 1.04, 32 bit, KSPRC 0.90 with updated mods.

Glad you like it. Eve will look similar to this in the next version:

bhulndv.jpg

And as extra, a new pic of the new planets remake. This time, Tylo:

phTnW9q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bhulndv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/phTnW9q.jpg

You... you sir... just... wow. If there ever was an artist in the group it'd be you Proot :). Tylo is beautiful and if the waters on Eve will use Scatterer for wave "volume" my jaw just might fall off. It's already wide open!

OMG!!!!!!!

ok, ahem, don't you think that, exclusively for SCIENCE, obviously, you know, maybe we can helping you testing this? :-D

Those look amazing. I always disliked how cartooney KSP's planets looked, and have been using real-life textures instead. I might just switch over to this once the update comes out. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.