[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I love those pics THX-1138!

A new one:

http://i.imgur.com/4JFckGC.jpg

:sticktongue:

wow! I look very much forward to exploring the planets!

really cool shots THX-1138! Here are some of my fav screenshots using the old pack :)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/45375528347046018/923D7D094BD0BF9702C650218D36C77FDCED13C7/ (didnt work to make this one show up like the others)

SSTO

HgoACLs.jpg

Pale Green Dot

W16Eozv.png

thanks for your work proot, it is really appreciated.

dammit proot you're making me not want to play again until this is finished because the visual quality will be so much better than I have now it'll mess with the continuity of my screenshots ;P

That'd be a cool idea. Before and after screenshots.

dammit proot you're making me not want to play again until this is finished because the visual quality will be so much better than I have now it'll mess with the continuity of my screenshots ;P

That's the problem with all these awesome mods, never want to actually play my "real" career because I'm always just waiting for something more. Can't wait for this!

I'm in the creative/test process of a lot of new textures for terrains and improved normalmaps, wich is pretty boring and a bit heavy to push to git in every change...

It's in my plans, in fact I have the GIT since long time ago, but I'll not put in there probably until the new EVE and my main graphical work are finished.

It's like CKAN: in the plans, but not by now.

So like, is there even a soft ETA when this will work with 1.0.x?

I would wait for proot to officially answer however he is working on KSPRC with every new test build of EVE it seems. So when there is an official EVE release it shouldn't be too long after that we will see a release of this. Because like I said it seems like proot is working with every new test build of EVE. So once EVE is official he can finalize KSPRC.

I would wait for proot to officially answer however he is working on KSPRC with every new test build of EVE it seems. So when there is an official EVE release it shouldn't be too long after that we will see a release of this. Because like I said it seems like proot is working with every new test build of EVE. So once EVE is official he can finalize KSPRC.

What i fear is, 1.1 update. it may not work with proot's work..

well, I fear that no mods or saves will work in 1.1 and we will see race with Squad and mod creators - who will be fastest?

Doesent it really matter on textures side? Textures you can coat on anything. Allmost all plugins already works with DX11 KSP. I dont think they will have to redo much on the plugins, maybe just update names for some shaders and some values in the plugins. But for me personally it is textures that I want

Edited by Reveral

Doesent it really matter on textures side? Textures you can coat on anything. Allmost all plugins already works with DX11 KSP. I dont think they will have to redo much on the plugins, maybe just update names for some shaders and some values in the plugins. But for me personally it is textures that I want

its not a dx11 update its a unity 5 update. please get your facts straight. when its updated to unity 5 every mod every part everything thats a mod will be broken.

its not a dx11 update its a unity 5 update. please get your facts straight. when its updated to unity 5 every mod every part everything thats a mod will be broken.

I'm pretty aware of what happening http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/345-KSP-and-Unity-5

and I'm not looking to start a fight but,

have you even tried to create your own KSP mod?

Specially from 20 different packs some of which is not compatible and another part not 100% compatible, and another part is only half done Work in progress? Well i'm doing some rework on most of that mods for my own use, and I'm doing it right now...

Do you even lift bro?

Edited by Reveral

You all are assuming that that the update to unity5 is comming in the 1.1 version? I do not believe it. In addition, the change is from Unity to Unity 5, not from Unity to UnrealEngine... Of course, there will be a period of "acclimatization", like in every new "milestone" version.... but I don't think that the change will be so traumatic. And it will be a much slower change than we assume.

In fact I think that the change, in principle, will be reduced to a better physics and a performance boosts (better memory usage and multithreading, which it is in self something pretty needed....)

Besides, none of this facts should be bad for the visual improvements. Quite to opposite, visual improvements should be benefited with that change. Especially in performance and future possibilites.

^^ That what I ment. Planets textures, normal maps and models will still be the same. Shaders like reflective surfaces, that some mods using are actually inbuilt Unitys shaders. Some custom shaders will have to be reworked, but att least no need for creating new textures which you doing now for the planets and stuff. Some plugin files will have to update their code. And I think mods with ingame UI will have to be updated. Also I understand people have their personal lifes which is priority. I'm my self doing this just two days a week, on my free time. But other then that, I dont believe there is a heavy lifting to be done to adapt most mods. Not like everything will have to be reworked. Bones are the same. And I actually think that update to unity 5 is a long way out. Like end of 2015 or something.

Edited by Reveral

You all are assuming that that the update to unity5 is comming in the 1.1 version? I do not believe it. In addition, the change is from Unity to Unity 5, not from Unity to UnrealEngine... Of course, there will be a period of "acclimatization", like in every new "milestone" version.... but I don't think that the change will be so traumatic. And it will be a much slower change than we assume.

In fact I think that the change, in principle, will be reduced to a better physics and a performance boosts (better memory usage and multithreading, which it is in self something pretty needed....)

Besides, none of this facts should be bad for the visual improvements. Quite to opposite, visual improvements should be benefited with that change. Especially in performance and future possibilites.

the devs have confirmed that 1.1 will contain an upgrade to Unity 5.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.