[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Are you using the hotfix version?

That are the solar particles over Moho, but that shouldn't be so visible at that point... and shouldn't crop the effect in that way, of course.

EDIT: is fixed the link now?

yes im using the hotfix,i daily check for all updates for mods i use.

I'm having a problem with the textures when using this pack, and I suspect it's caused by ActiveTextureManagement, as visible in the following screenshot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/794067339800051172/1FD19C8EA12968889538F301D247D0DB80454A08/

Any new textures in the game look great and sharp but stock textures like the NASA parts in the shot, as well as radial decouplers and most fuel tanks look really blurry. Is there any way to fix that? Trying to go without ATM apparently makes the game run out of memory.

horrendous.png

Please reconsider this texture. I understand your intention to include a female kerbal, but this looks awful. I would suggest going for a more neutral look.

A5C43AD3-B566-45C3-8E2A-3D97D18508C0_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy7_cw0.jpg

Lipstick on kerbals looks horrible in the first place. Try to use the same basic face without the lipstick (or at least use a green tone and far less of it), without the hair clip (there would be no need for one, that's what the cap is for) and with dark green freckles rather than pink ones. Freckles are spots of pigment, which means they're a darker tone of the base skin tone, rather than just an entirely separate colour.

I'm having a problem with the textures when using this pack, and I suspect it's caused by ActiveTextureManagement, as visible in the following screenshot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/794067339800051172/1FD19C8EA12968889538F301D247D0DB80454A08/

Any new textures in the game look great and sharp but stock textures like the NASA parts in the shot, as well as radial decouplers and most fuel tanks look really blurry. Is there any way to fix that? Trying to go without ATM apparently makes the game run out of memory.

I managed to fix this issue. I changed the ATM config file to "Scale = 1", so it simply compresses the textures instead of also scaling them. Looks much better now and the memory impact was surprisingly low.

Sorry, my late "works" are completely temporal and I get random calls to go for it... so sometimes I simply have no time for this. My apologies.

I'm working now to (try to) get the update ready for today, but I consider it as a big improvement and I want it be so ready to play as nice to look.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81551041/horrendous.png

Please reconsider this texture. I understand your intention to include a female kerbal, but this looks awful. I would suggest going for a more neutral look.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81551041/A5C43AD3-B566-45C3-8E2A-3D97D18508C0_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy7_cw0.jpg

Lipstick on kerbals looks horrible in the first place. Try to use the same basic face without the lipstick (or at least use a green tone and far less of it), without the hair clip (there would be no need for one, that's what the cap is for) and with dark green freckles rather than pink ones. Freckles are spots of pigment, which means they're a darker tone of the base skin tone, rather than just an entirely separate colour.

I have done A LOT of test in kerbal "trans-gender" :P. This is from the Pimp my kerbals pack. We had a discussion about some of it points... and you are the first person who seem to not like "her" (I can't win everything).

Pretty hard to enhance any type of random aspect. Try to do it more "neutral" is quite absurd... because "stock" Kerbals are COMPLETELY neutral. Kerbal head shape is basically a cylinder with two balls as eyes, and if you remove the lipstick and the hairpin you simply gonna obtain another (handsome) regular kerbal.

Stock kerbal are genderless. That is why they are so "simple". And I like that. The only reason to include this "gender" textures is the player who want a feminine role in the game, because him/her feels the kerbal genderless in a too masculine way. So this is just the opposite.

If you don't like it you only need to remove that head and wait for the new ones, where maybe other version could be more for your taste.

I love the hairpin detail, the cap in real life is not just for the hair, have a lot of utilities... mainly bio and better communications.

I will try to enhance the lips in the future, but it is difficult to get an acceptable result considering the way in which the mesh of the mouth/head bends sometimes. Had you thought in that until now? :wink:

BTW. I have a lot of new (male and female) heads saved to release, but I must do the normalmaps before.

because "stock" Kerbals are COMPLETELY neutral. Kerbal head shape is basically a cylinder with two balls as eyes, and if you remove the lipstick and the hairpin you simply gonna obtain another (handsome) regular kerbal.

Stock kerbal are genderless. That is why they are so "simple". And I like that. The only reason to include this "gender" textures is the player who want a feminine role in the game, because him/her feels the kerbal genderless in a too masculine way. So this is just the opposite.

Not to go too OT, but...genderless, except for their male names.

I'm having troubles on a galactic scale: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77770-All-parts-missing

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. I'm 99% sure it had to do with the install of KSPRC as it was running fine beforehand. Don't get me wrong, I love the the look of it to death, but being able to play is helpful too.

I'm having troubles on a galactic scale: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77770-All-parts-missing

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. I'm 99% sure it had to do with the install of KSPRC as it was running fine beforehand. Don't get me wrong, I love the the look of it to death, but being able to play is helpful too.

See your other post for the fix

I have done A LOT of test in kerbal "trans-gender" :P. This is from the Pimp my kerbals pack. We had a discussion about some of it points... and you are the first person who seem to not like "her" (I can't win everything).
I find this surprising, but I suppose I might well be alone with my opinions on this.
Pretty hard to enhance any type of random aspect. Try to do it more "neutral" is quite absurd... because "stock" Kerbals are COMPLETELY neutral. Kerbal head shape is basically a cylinder with two balls as eyes, and if you remove the lipstick and the hairpin you simply gonna obtain another (handsome) regular kerbal.

I think you misunderstand. Your new male textures make the other kerbals appear more obviously male. Keeping one texture "smoother" and more like unmodded KSP would therefore make this more neutral texture automatically appear more feminine than the others, accomplishing the goal. There's a middle point between Hells Angels member and Betty Boop on the male-female line. There's also the fact that the name generator only really generates male-sounding names, and for the few cases where it doesn't, your mod doesn't actually match feminine names with the female texture, making another flaw with it.
If you don't like it you only need to remove that head and wait for the new ones, where maybe other version could be more for your taste.

I love the hairpin detail, the cap in real life is not just for the hair, have a lot of utilities... mainly bio and better communications.

I will try to enhance the lips in the future, but it is difficult to get an acceptable result considering the way in which the mesh of the mouth/head bends sometimes. Had you thought in that until now? :wink:

BTW. I have a lot of new (male and female) heads saved to release, but I must do the normalmaps before

I already have removed this texture, I was just very shocked at seeing it included. There were experiments with female textures for kerbals before, and they invariably looked awful.

The cap also has practical functions, such as keeping hair out of the face during times when it would be impractical to brush it back with your hand. If being clean shaved was a requirement for space travel, which was considered for a while, the communications and bio equipment would be attached through prosthetic adhesive or a three-way headset. Instead, the cap was found to be more comfortable and convenient, while not weighing much more. All I meant with my statement was that the hair pin would not be needed, since the cap is already worn.

Edited by Natashjy

I find this surprising, but I suppose I might well be alone with my opinions on this.I think you misunderstand. Your new male textures make the other kerbals appear more obviously male. Keeping one texture "smoother" and more like unmodded KSP would therefore make this more neutral texture automatically appear more feminine than the others, accomplishing the goal. There's also the fact that the name generator only really generates male-sounding names, and for the few cases where it doesn't, your mod doesn't actually match feminine names with the female texture, making another flaw with it.I already have removed this texture, I was just very shocked at seeing it included. There were experiments with female textures for kerbals before, and they invariably looked awful.

The cap also has practical functions, such as keeping hair out of the face during times when it would be impractical to brush it back with your hand. If being clean shaved was a requirement for space travel, which was considered for a while, the communications and bio equipment would be attached through prosthetic adhesive or a three-way headset. Instead, the cap was found to be more comfortable and convenient, while not weighing much more. All I meant with my statement was that the hair pin would not be needed, since the cap is already worn.

You're seriously going to berate proot about this? Of all the things ksp is hoping to implement in the future, the last of we should be concerned with is the semantics of "female Kerbal" textures.

You're seriously going to berate proot about this? Of all the things ksp is hoping to implement in the future, the last of we should be concerned with is the semantics of "female Kerbal" textures.
Berate? I'm offering a suggestion on how I think he could improve his mod. Your post doesn't make sense to me.

So stock kerbals are both neutral and masculine?

Also personally i am with Natashjy, the fem-texture just look "off", it maybe the obvious male names, the very exagerated lipstick or the kerbal default head and haircut doesnt actually give the "neutral" vibre

something like this old pic works better, imo. But thats a model change. I personally think is better wait for Squad to make ferbals or kerwomen or what ever they/you want to call them.

Proot this fix your working on.. does it consist of changes to ATM? Because right now your ATM configs are WAY to harsh. I mean absolutely everything is a blurry mess. I had to reinstall almost all my part packs. I thought the whole idea of ATM was the changes were supposed to be subtle.. lol.. there not.

Proot this fix your working on.. does it consist of changes to ATM? Because right now your ATM configs are WAY to harsh. I mean absolutely everything is a blurry mess. I had to reinstall almost all my part packs. I thought the whole idea of ATM was the changes were supposed to be subtle.. lol.. there not.

Wrong.

ATM is available in two modes. This combines both types for the savings: hard for textures and a bit softer for normals. If your memory use allow you to not use the texture cropping that is wonderful. But please, understand, one more time: by default, the savings are intended for the mod junkie who uses a lot of mods and want hard memory savings.

BTW, you don't need to reinstall nothing: just configure ATM to not crop the textures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.