[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

You guys should be awesome and post pictures for those who can't play with it right now :D 

A video is worth a thousand words: www.twitch.tv/jays_nl i will highlight the stream later on for proot :)

Man it looks great but something must be wrong, I have an unplayable frame rate on a hefty PC... 

edit: Yeah def did something wrong, my sun doesn't look like that

Edit 2: Still unplayable frame rates :(

Edited by Lillz

I am using Opengl to save on memory and without KSPRC using about 2.4gb with KSPRC 3.2gb there is a massive spike in memory usage as soon as the KSC loads after starting the game anyone else experiencing this. Proot I take my hat off to you its sensational your truly talented

Edited by Virtualgenius

memory spike loading into KSC isn't abnormal. I'm still working to get into flight mode but made it to the Tracking Station and holy cow these planets.

eT3E7Q5l.png

Minmus :0.0:

Jn3Mxtel.png

Eve looks cool but I will have to re-purple it, personally

oof, made it to the flight scene with plenty of overhead in OGL mode but frames were in the single digits so that's a no-go. I thought the last time I tried OGL I was also able to keep my SweetFX post effects as well (I wrote as much in a blog entry) but apparently that doesn't work anymore either.

I didn't think it would help but tried ATM anyways. Rbray might have an update for that soon tho...

also @Proot there aren't any folders in the Squad Aero parts named noseConeAdapter and standardNoseCone

Edited by Gaiiden

To bad scatterer doesnt work for me at all, i slow down to about 1fps with it and the ocean is a pixelated mess. Anyway, other stuff looks great, i like your repainted engines.

One complaint: From high atmospheric flight i see lots of repeating texture patterns on kerbin, the repeating patches aer about 1/4 the size of the KSC island. Maybe i only see it because i had to uninstall scatterer...

This has to be one of the best looking texture packs KSP has ever had, but alas there is just no possible way I am going to use it. Like Elthy said, I slow down to 1-4 FPS at launch. Maybe once 1.1 comes around  this will not be an issue with packs ever again. For now though, this is going to have to wait. Still the best pack IMO. :)

For what it's worth I tested this with 64-bit hack and it works flawlessly and without the need for OpenGL or DX11 KSP runs silky smooth.

Alas, I am running an historic career mode using Realism Overhaul. Woe is me! If only this worked with RSS and RO I would be the happiest boy on Christmas.

Edited by gonzo98x

1 hour ago, Jackson Mackenzie said:

Or PlanetShine, or EVE? Honestly including version information for the bundled mods would be really helpful - either that or say "seriously don't touch them, it's delicate".

you wont find a newer version of EVE yet :P

3 hours ago, Proot said:

Unbelievable: the files are not available yet in Curse or KS... :P
I'll try to fix the obvious problems ASAP.
The framerate dropping is probably caused by the asteroids spamming around Kerbin.

asteroid spamming doesn't lower the FPS, removed all of them, still got Physics-core bound (yellow-indicator in top left).

A comparison between the 'old' EVE with SVE textures gives me about 35-40 fps on kerbin, where as with KSPRC with the new EVE and everything else, nets me 25-27 FPS (clean 64bit install), so there's definitely ground to win somewhere.

Edited by maseo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.