Proot

[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Recommended Posts

 

Hey, Proot. I just have a couple questions, the first regarding whether or not the Windowshine mod is compatible with KSPRC. I ask because I noticed that KSPRC overwrites several files that Windowshine places into the Texture Replacer folder. The second being if it is possible to use another cloud map (as seen from space) with KSPRC, and what steps would be involved in performing such an action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maseo 

How's the Earth-Like texture configs? Will they be downloadable?

Also, @Proot, any plans to work on OPM? If you were to, I might have to end up switching to KSPRC full time. 

Edited by Mr Betelgeuse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

@maseo 

How's the Earth-Like texture configs? Will they be downloadable?

Also, @Proot, any plans to work on OPM? If you were to, I might have to end up switching to KSPRC full time. 

If - and when - i get it completely done, it's just replacing the original file in the texturereplacer/defaults folder :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fizzle said:

Hey @Murdox I tried deleting the cloud layers as you suggested but it did nothing for my FPS. Still getting around 10-12. I noticed that my GPU is clocking at maximum but it is only being used at 60%, same with my CPU.

the CPU usage u see in taskmanager is an overall usage.

U seem to have a dualcore - so you have one core under full load now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fizzle said:

@MurdoxSo I tried all the suggestions here, and it made no difference unfortunately. Even when I switched to 4k res with all settings maxed, GPU usage went up to 99% but FPS were still around 12. When I got out of Kerbin orbit, FPS went up quite a bit so I suspect it's something to do with the reskin of Kerbin. 

That's basic bottleneck troubleshooting right there. up the GPU-effects to maximum. No slowdown? CPU is holding you back (in this case KSP being not multi-threaded). FPS going down? GPU is holding you back.

1 minute ago, Speadge said:

the CPU usage u see in taskmanager is an overall usage.

U seem to have a dualcore - so you have one core under full load now.

Should technically still be enough, as that KSP is still pretty much 1 core/thread bound. I can switch off 7 threads and let KSP run on thread one and the game wont run any slower, but not faster either.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

 

Hey, Proot. I just have a couple questions, the first regarding whether or not the Windowshine mod is compatible with KSPRC. I ask because I noticed that KSPRC overwrites several files that Windowshine places into the Texture Replacer folder. The second being if it is possible to use another cloud map (as seen from space) with KSPRC, and what steps would be involved in performing such an action.

If you want to use any other textures for clouds, just focus your view around that body and press Alt+0 to bring up the EVE GUI. From there you can view all the cloud layers Proot has made and the correlating textures that the cloud layers are linked to. You can specify other textures in the Main_Tex path to use different cloud maps. 

It may take a little experimenting to find which cloud layer you wish to edit so I would advise either making a backup of your install or noting down all changes you make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, Poodmund! I tried experimenting with the EVE menu before, with disastrous results. I shall try again!

And at the risk of sounding impatient, would you by any chance know of KSPRC's compatibility with Windowshine?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can't be compatible. WS uses the reflection plugin from Texture Replacer. KSPRC aswell, for his own textures.

Please, be a bit patient. An update is coming with performance improvements and this time the reflections will be an optional feature. For those who want to use other textures mods, and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Proot said:

It can't be compatible. WS uses the reflection plugin from Texture Replacer. KSPRC aswell, for his own textures.

Please, be a bit patient. An update is coming with performance improvements and this time the reflections will be an optional feature. For those who want to use other textures mods, and so on.

Thank you for the work @Proot we all appreciate it. I can't play KSP without it! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2015 at 10:43 PM, Thomas P. said:

Wait, Asteroid Spamming? Do you have included Kopernicus 0.6.0 instead of 0.6.2?

On the other side: It is awesome, many many thanks Proot!

I'm seeing the same issue, tons and tons of asteroids and FPS dropping considerably. Workaround?

Edit: That being said everything is absolutely gorgeous :D Thanks for all your hard work Proot!

Edited by visivante
pleasantness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

Thanks for the reply, Poodmund! I tried experimenting with the EVE menu before, with disastrous results. I shall try again!

And at the risk of sounding impatient, would you by any chance know of KSPRC's compatibility with Windowshine?

 

 

6 hours ago, Proot said:

It can't be compatible. WS uses the reflection plugin from Texture Replacer. KSPRC aswell, for his own textures.

Please, be a bit patient. An update is coming with performance improvements and this time the reflections will be an optional feature. For those who want to use other textures mods, and so on.

I want to point out that KSPRC has reflective windows already included in it. So WindowShine is actually not needed at all. :)

However, there is a KSPRC compatibility download in the WindowShine OP for KSPRC v0.2. I don't know if the textures are still up to date with Proots newest work, but if you delete the KSPRC reflection config and paste in that download it should work. Once again though I suggest using Proot's configs, as they are more recent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After many many tests, I found a way to have KSPRC runs in a decent way without touch it too much (your job is a masterpiece Proot, no one has the right to change it).

I noticed that what really was causing lag, were the particles from Eve. I deleted them in the Kerbin atmosphere and I obtained a decent 10/12 fps in atmosphere, that is more or less accettable (for me). In space there is no lag at all, also with a good amount of mods (and Dynamic Texture Loading).

I hope this will be helpful for someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I went back a few pages.

I installed this mod over my existing installation (yes, I backed up the old one).  I have a ton of other mods that I don't want to re-install - doing the visual ones manually was the biggest pain, so I'm hoping this is easier with better results.  I removed the former BoulderCo folder before installing.  I removed all the other mod folders that KSPRC provides.

Shortly after the progress bar starts in the initial loading screen, the game just crashes with the "Aborted" message on the command line.  It barely loads anything before getting there.  I tried clearing the ModuleManager caches.  There's nothing particular useful in KSP.log.  The file just ends, doesn't look like anything of useful debug value:

[LOG 17:31:57.658] MiniAVC -> http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=20
	NAME: TAC Fuel Balancer
	URL: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=20
	DOWNLOAD: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25823
	GITHUB: NULL
	VERSION: 2.5.1.7
	KSP_VERSION: 1.0.2
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.0
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.0.10
	CompatibleKspVersion: False
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True
	UpdateAvailable: False
[LOG 17:31:57.659] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_ambience_nature
[LOG 17:31:57.662] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick
[LOG 17:31:57.664] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_latch
[LOG 17:31:57.666] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_sharp
[LOG 17:31:57.668] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_tick
[LOG 17:31:57.669] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_tock
[LOG 17:31:57.671] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_decoupler_fire
[LOG 17:31:57.673] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_delete_bin
[LOG 17:31:57.675] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_explosion_debris1
[LOG 17:31:57.677] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_explosion_debris2
[LOG 17:31:57.680] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_explosion_large
[LOG 17:31:57.683] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_rocket_mini
[LOG 17:31:57.685] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_rocket_spurts
[LOG 17:31:57.688] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_tab_extend
[LOG 17:31:57.690] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_tab_retreat
[LOG 17:31:57.692] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm1
[LOG 17:31:57.694] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm2
[LOG 17:31:57.696] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm3
[LOG 17:31:57.697] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify1
[LOG 17:31:57.699] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify2
[LOG 17:31:57.701] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify3
[LOG 17:31:57.703] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Rooster

 

I didn't see any other relevant logs.  If there's something else I should be looking at (I don't see any "crash" folder), I can try to get that.

Linux, 64-bit.

 

Any ideas?

 

Cheers,

-BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barfing_skull said:

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I went back a few pages.

I installed this mod over my existing installation (yes, I backed up the old one).  I have a ton of other mods that I don't want to re-install - doing the visual ones manually was the biggest pain, so I'm hoping this is easier with better results.  I removed the former BoulderCo folder before installing.  I removed all the other mod folders that KSPRC provides.

Shortly after the progress bar starts in the initial loading screen, the game just crashes with the "Aborted" message on the command line.  It barely loads anything before getting there.  I tried clearing the ModuleManager caches.  There's nothing particular useful in KSP.log.  The file just ends, doesn't look like anything of useful debug value:


[LOG 17:31:57.658] MiniAVC -> http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=20
	NAME: TAC Fuel Balancer
	URL: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=20
	DOWNLOAD: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25823
	GITHUB: NULL
	VERSION: 2.5.1.7
	KSP_VERSION: 1.0.2
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.0
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.0.10
	CompatibleKspVersion: False
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True
	UpdateAvailable: False
[LOG 17:31:57.659] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_ambience_nature
[LOG 17:31:57.662] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick
[LOG 17:31:57.664] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_latch
[LOG 17:31:57.666] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_sharp
[LOG 17:31:57.668] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_tick
[LOG 17:31:57.669] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_tock
[LOG 17:31:57.671] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_decoupler_fire
[LOG 17:31:57.673] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_delete_bin
[LOG 17:31:57.675] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_explosion_debris1
[LOG 17:31:57.677] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_explosion_debris2
[LOG 17:31:57.680] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_explosion_large
[LOG 17:31:57.683] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_rocket_mini
[LOG 17:31:57.685] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_rocket_spurts
[LOG 17:31:57.688] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_tab_extend
[LOG 17:31:57.690] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_tab_retreat
[LOG 17:31:57.692] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm1
[LOG 17:31:57.694] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm2
[LOG 17:31:57.696] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm3
[LOG 17:31:57.697] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify1
[LOG 17:31:57.699] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify2
[LOG 17:31:57.701] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify3
[LOG 17:31:57.703] Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Rooster

 

I didn't see any other relevant logs.  If there's something else I should be looking at (I don't see any "crash" folder), I can try to get that.

Linux, 64-bit.

 

Any ideas?

 

Cheers,

-BS

Is there a crash report or do you see anything in the output_log.txt file that could tell you what happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Is there a crash report or do you see anything in the output_log.txt file that could tell you what happened?

I'm pretty sure what you see above is it.  That's the end of KSP.log, which I believe is the same as output_log.txt.  It just abruptly ends at the point indicated above.

 

Cheers,

-BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Proot,

First, thanks (to you and the other mod devs) for a beautiful piece of work. I've been hanging out for this for months and it's fantastic to see it finally released :)

I just wanted to note that I'm having the same low framerate issues around Kerbin that other are having, and it looks like it's definitely to do with the clouds. If I drop in the default EVE/BoulderCo clouds or get rid of them entirely then everything is fine. When I put your shaders and DLLs in, though, the framerate drops off drastically. (If it's of any interest, I have a GTX970 on an i5 something or other). I've got a passing amount of graphics and dev knowledge so if there's anything I can do to help narrow it down I stand ready to help :)

Thanks again, and happy new year :)

Edited by Spectra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I broke down and started with a clean KSP install.  Works great as the first mod.  Adding mods a few at a time, it appears to have an issue with KSP Interstellar Extended, something in the WarpPlugin folder.  Logs seem to just die out at some point as above, no indication as to what went wrong.

 

EDIT: Another problem with one of the Near Future mods, same sort of result, nothing helpful in the log.

 

I'll have to see if there's anything in KSPI-E that I'm using that I can't do without.  KSPRC looks amazing (only one problem, which I'll mention below), thanks for the hard work!

 

One issue I see is with the Outer Planets mod, and perhaps I need to take this there or do a little more research on my own.  Tekto's atmospheric clouds seems to be gone.  Tekto's atmosphere was one of the most awesome visual things about the game....  Anyone been able to get that to work?

 

Cheers,

-BS

Edited by barfing_skull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, barfing_skull said:

One issue I see is with the Outer Planets mod, and perhaps I need to take this there or do a little more research on my own.  Tekto's atmospheric clouds seems to be gone.  Tekto's atmosphere was one of the most awesome visual things about the game....  Anyone been able to get that to work?

 

OPM does not actually include any EVE configs for cloud layers as stock, you would have to download a pack additionally to add in the atmospheric cloud effects for these. There is a released cloud pack out there built on the old EVE release pre 1.0.5 that you could grab the textures from and create your own configs for.

(Sorry for Off-Topic)

Edited by Poodmund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, barfing_skull said:

I'm pretty sure what you see above is it.  That's the end of KSP.log, which I believe is the same as output_log.txt.  It just abruptly ends at the point indicated above.

 

Cheers,

-BS

output_log provides more information than the KSP.log most of the time :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proot I wish you Happy New Year and a lot of joy and love creating such great mod like this one in year 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.12.2015 at 7:05 AM, SkyKaptn said:

There is something odd going on in vincinity of Jool... When I enter the system as far as Vall my framerate drops to 0.1 fps on my i7 @4 GHz, geforce 980. If I go to the map mode the framerate is back to a gazillion fps.

-Tried setting allowAnimatedProceduralGasGiants to "false" with no luck. (same framerate, but with a black Jool)

-Tried both -force-d3d9 and -force-d3d11

I deleted the Jool-entry in Scatterer's PlanetsList.cfg and everything went smoothly again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyKaptn said:

I deleted the Jool-entry in Scatterer's PlanetsList.cfg and everything went smoothly again.

I get this sometimes when going into the Joolian system, I think it's an issue due to Scatterer loading Laythe and Jool at the same time which just makes the FPS tank, reloading the scene usually fixed it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

output_log provides more information than the KSP.log most of the time :) 

I'm not sure what OS you're on, but it might be different between Windows and Linux.  Under Linux, all I get is KSP.log.  I think they're one and the same, but I don't play under Windows.

I even ran

find . -type f -exec stat --format '%Y :%y %n' "{}" \; | sort -nr | cut -d: -f2- | head

to try and find any newer files in my KSP installation directory in case some other log were squirrelled away in there.  I didn't find anything.  I did a brief search, but I don't see if there's some way to launch KSP on the command line with extra logging or debugging?

Cheers,

-BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.