Proot

[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Recommended Posts

@Proot

hi,
the following Setting in the KSPRC.cfg causes for me a black Jool. (JUST with DX11; DX9 is fine)

	// @Body[Jool]
	// {
		// @ScaledVersion
		// {
			// ProceduralGasGiant
			// {
				// rampTexture = KSPRC/KopernicusExpansion/JoolRamp
				// cloudSpeed = 0.5
				// hasStorms = true
				// stormMap = KSPRC/KopernicusExpansion/JoolStorms
				// stormFrequency = 5
				// stormDistortion = 0.85
				// seed = 731983
				// distortion = 0.015
				// frequency = 11
				// lacunarity = 1.4
				// gain = 1.3
			// }
		// }

	// }

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is an issue with how the low- and hi-res textures are loaded. At altitudes under 160km there are quite low textures with jagged coastlines, lakes etc. At altitudes over 160km the hires textures are loaded.

Any tweaks to be done in cfg?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

I think there is an issue with how the low- and hi-res textures are loaded. At altitudes under 160km there are quite low textures with jagged coastlines, lakes etc. At altitudes over 160km the hires textures are loaded.

Any tweaks to be done in cfg?

 

 

160Km is altitude where ScaledSpace textures are loaded, I think it can be tweaked in Kopernicus files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I cannot find where to define altitudes for hi-res texture swapping. I really think that hi-res should be loaded much sooner, at least at say 30-40 km, and definately at the lowest possible orbit at 70km where one spend most of the time flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyKaptn said:

Sorry, but I cannot find where to define altitudes for hi-res texture swapping. I really think that hi-res should be loaded much sooner, at least at say 30-40 km, and definately at the lowest possible orbit at 70km where one spend most of the time flying.

 Put the code below into a .cfg file. It's what I use to fade in scaledspace at 70km. You can probably play with the altitudes to to get it to look better but it works fine for me.

@Kopernicus
{
@Body[Kerbin]
{
	%ScaledVersion
	{
		%fadeStart = 50000
		%fadeEnd = 65000
	}
	%PQS
	{
		%deactivateAltitude = 70000
		%fadeStart = 65000
		%fadeEnd = 70000
	}
}
}

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mreadshaw said:

 Put the code below into a .cfg file. It's what I use to fade in scaledspace at 70km. You can probably play with the altitudes to to get it to look better but it works fine for me.


@Kopernicus
{
@Body[Kerbin]
{
	%ScaledVersion
	{
		%fadeStart = 50000
		%fadeEnd = 65000
	}
	%PQS
	{
		%deactivateAltitude = 70000
		%fadeStart = 65000
		%fadeEnd = 70000
	}
}
}

 

 

 

You have my eternal gratitude! My eyes were hurting from that low-res planet with those wobbly, shimmering and sharp coastlines at my standard cruising altitude. For others: I just made a brand new and empty config-file which I pasted mreadshaw's code into. Called it KSPRC_mytweak.cfg for easy reference and placed it alongside the standard KSPRC.cfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi to all!

Many Thanks for reviving this pack! I just installed the 0.5 Version and it looks really really good on the ground but the water is very very ugly.

sttviaq5p

http://postimg.org/image/sttviaq5p/

screenshot7.jpg

How can i deactivate the "ocean" setting from scatter as a default, it is autoactivating after "toogleing" it off. I want to use scatter without the ocean loading feature.... (and if possible wihtout the "hanging" in the air bug after deactivating..) Or fix the issue of course....

All the normal grafic settings are on high, full ress etc.

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks

Manuel

 

 

Edited by ManuxKerb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have installed ksprc and I am having an issue that I dont know how to fix.

I am running KSPRC on a gtx 770 and i7-4770k, with -force-opengl enabled, and when my rocket is sitting on the launchpad, regardless of its size, I get 10fps. It is unplayable.

I suspect that it would be the particle clouds that are floating around but I obviously dont know. I have also already removed the reflection wrapper from texture replacer, and it did nothing.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CAMFA said:

Hello, I have installed ksprc and I am having an issue that I dont know how to fix.

I am running KSPRC on a gtx 770 and i7-4770k, with -force-opengl enabled, and when my rocket is sitting on the launchpad, regardless of its size, I get 10fps. It is unplayable.

I suspect that it would be the particle clouds that are floating around but I obviously dont know. I have also already removed the reflection wrapper from texture replacer, and it did nothing.

Thanks.

In your video settings is v-sync disabled? That is a bit of an fps hog. And what resolution are you running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, V8jester said:

In your video settings is v-sync disabled? That is a bit of an fps hog. And what resolution are you running?

Im running 1080p. Vram usage is at 1950 so its not a vram thing.

I just disabled V-sync but my game still runs at 10fps.

When I had deleted all the clouds the game ran at 30fps, which is why I think it has to do with particles. Above 160km the game runs silky smooth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 i have a question,any one knows how i can see the sun flare from kerbin or any other planet where scatter is installed?

is there a way to replace scatter default sun flare and sun look,for the ksprc sun flare?

im tweaking my stuff with scatter but i can work around the sun look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi to all!

Many Thanks for reviving this pack! I just installed the 0.5 Version and it looks really really good on the ground but the water is very very ugly.

sttviaq5p

http://postimg.org/image/sttviaq5p/

screenshot7.jpg

How can i deactivate the "ocean" setting from scatter as a default, it is autoactivating after "toogleing" it off. I want to use scatter without the ocean loading feature.... (and if possible wihtout the "hanging" in the air bug after deactivating..) Or fix the issue of course....

All the normal grafic settings are on high, full ress etc.

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks

Manuel

 

 

Find the planetlist cfg in the scatterer folder and for all the entries where HasOcean equals true, change to false. This disables scatterer water effects and changes water back to its stock appearance.

I'm not on my computer right now, so I couldn't provide you with exact names of entries and files, but what I gave you should give you the jist of what to look for.

Edited by fallout2077
Addition to post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there - first, I wanted to say to @Proot that I love the mod and am glad that you've continued development!

With the full disclosure that I am using the Win64 workaround for 1.0.5, I wanted to ask if anyone else is getting jagged/blocky shadow rendering around the edge of planets with this latest release. If you look at the upper right of the image below, you can see what I'm talking about. As I orbit the planet, the blocks constantly appear/disappear along the horizon of the planet as if this is an intended behavior and the responsible texture is just rendering at too low of a resolution to properly "hide" along the edge.

55HYZz6.jpg

Along with KSPRC, I am using Distant Object Enhancement and manual updates of PlanetShine and Scatterer (in an attempt to fix the issue). I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance and my apologies if I've overlooked the solution in my browsing of other pages in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doesn´t the citylights work? everything is working fine but the citylights are not visible. I have Vanilla-KSP 1.0.5 only with KSPRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

doesn´t the citylights work? everything is working fine but the citylights are not visible. I have Vanilla-KSP 1.0.5 only with KSPRC.

Locate your Gamedata/KSPRC/CityLights folder and replace all code in CityLights.cfg with this:

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/kerbinBN				
			}
			_CityOverlayDetailScale
			{
				value = 45
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/nd5
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/nd5
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Moho
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/kerbinBN				
			}
			_CityOverlayDetailScale
			{
				value = 45
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/fu11
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/fu11
			}
		}
	}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zenbot said:

Hi there - first, I wanted to say to @Proot that I love the mod and am glad that you've continued development!

With the full disclosure that I am using the Win64 workaround for 1.0.5, I wanted to ask if anyone else is getting jagged/blocky shadow rendering around the edge of planets with this latest release. If you look at the upper right of the image below, you can see what I'm talking about. As I orbit the planet, the blocks constantly appear/disappear along the horizon of the planet as if this is an intended behavior and the responsible texture is just rendering at too low of a resolution to properly "hide" along the edge.

Along with KSPRC, I am using Distant Object Enhancement and manual updates of PlanetShine and Scatterer (in an attempt to fix the issue). I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance and my apologies if I've overlooked the solution in my browsing of other pages in this thread.

just thinking: AMD or nvidia?
dx9/11? does it appear on other rendering methods?
Have seen this before on AMD cards, have other problems on my NVIDIA(dx11), but not these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zenbot said:

Hi there - first, I wanted to say to @Proot that I love the mod and am glad that you've continued development!

With the full disclosure that I am using the Win64 workaround for 1.0.5, I wanted to ask if anyone else is getting jagged/blocky shadow rendering around the edge of planets with this latest release. If you look at the upper right of the image below, you can see what I'm talking about. As I orbit the planet, the blocks constantly appear/disappear along the horizon of the planet as if this is an intended behavior and the responsible texture is just rendering at too low of a resolution to properly "hide" along the edge.

55HYZz6.jpg

Along with KSPRC, I am using Distant Object Enhancement and manual updates of PlanetShine and Scatterer (in an attempt to fix the issue). I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance and my apologies if I've overlooked the solution in my browsing of other pages in this thread.

Its scatterer per default. Only way to fix it is to fix Scatterer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is about the average fps with this mod? I'm running this mod with fresh install and whichever rocet ot plane or choose KSP locks itself to 25fps. Using 64-bit workaround dx11 and graphics card is R9 280X and cpu is i5-4460. And phisics delta time is set to 0.05. This is about normal fps for the mod? And all settings turned up to max on 1080p

--EDIT--

BTW @Proot this mod is so amazing. And i added Ven Stock Rewamp because i didn't find it in KSPRC

And is everything supposed to be pitch black when behind the planet (except skybox)?

Edited by Joco223

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

What is about the average fps with this mod? I'm running this mod with fresh install and whichever rocet ot plane or choose KSP locks itself to 25fps. Using 64-bit workaround dx11 and graphics card is R9 280X and cpu is i5-4460. And phisics delta time is set to 0.05. This is about normal fps for the mod? And all settings turned up to max on 1080p

--EDIT--

BTW @Proot this mod is so amazing. And i added Ven Stock Rewamp because i didn't find it in KSPRC

And is everything supposed to be pitch black when behind the planet (except skybox)?

Proot mentioned he's working on a performance fix. It's the mixture of the whole mod that kills the framerate. Be patient. :)

For the realistic texture lovers - spot the differences:

Stock:

ad3ecc6522.jpg

WIP:

fa6374cd7b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, maseo said:

Proot mentioned he's working on a performance fix. It's the mixture of the whole mod that kills the framerate. Be patient. :)

For the realistic texture lovers - spot the differences:

Stock:

ad3ecc6522.jpg

WIP:

fa6374cd7b.jpg

Those textures are awesome. Are they in KSPRC right now or being worked on? Also lag seems to fix itself to about 50fps when you pass to scaled space. I ajusted it to about to 70km so its awesome right now! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

Those textures are awesome. Are they in KSPRC right now or being worked on? Also lag seems to fix itself to about 50fps when you pass to scaled space. I ajusted it to about to 70km so its awesome right now! :D

It's something im working on personally. It'll be one file you need to replace (it's the scaledspace texture :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maseo said:

It's something im working on personally. It'll be one file you need to replace (it's the scaledspace texture :) )

Nice. Keep up with good work! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Textures are like they are, no by caprice but to fit with everything else.
You can add a lot of thing to the texture, but at the end it will not be in the surface, so imho that have no sense. I don't have as goal to add just eye candy to the game, I have as goal to enhance the stock game as much as possible.
That means that what you see in the KSPRC texture is exactly what you have in the surface.
With the Unity5 enhancements I have the hope of have more memory room to add PQS details to Kerbin with Kopernicus, wich could do similar changes, but at all levels.

But is not possible atm, imho, with the current memory management/limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.