Why I play Kebal Space Program.

WhackyTech

I think for me, the main reason I play this game is because it teaches you that failure can be a good thing. In other words, we don't really fail. It's learning from our mistakes that make us better.

I tried to land on the Mun today, and didn't realize how weak the gravity was. I ended up on a hill and I wouldn't stop sliding. I know now I need a flat landing spot and a wider base.

I started playing Kerbal Space Program simply because I can land on planets. Ever since I started playing games that dealt with space (since the early 90's) I've always looked at the planets and wished that I could land on them. I've crashed (or attempted to) into every planet that a space game would put in front of me. Just to see if I could interact with it in some way. My favorite was when I phased right through Earth in X:3 Albion Prelude. Turns out Earth is hollow; who knew!? This game finally answered my decades long wish.

Personally I play because it's the first Space Sim that I stumbled across that allows me to do it all. I can build what I want and mess around on the planet, head into space, land on other planets and build on them. If there was anything that allowed us to do all of this before in one game, I never found it.

I started to play this wonderful game after watching some of its posibilities making me want to try some of them, i was bored from my old life style that used to be from playing FPS all the day. This game has changed my way to see things, and it teached me more than what i could expect. i wish i never forget this game because im used to forget things often.

Now i would like to see a man from my generation on the moon before i die.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/39exA/embed"></iframe>

First test of my Extreme Heavy Lift System and prototype Deep Explorer (sans satellite and lander bays) for my Joolian System Grand tour.....

'Splosions are the sprinkles on your ice cream sundae.....Jeb :huh::cool::confused:

I started playing Kerbal Space Program simply because I can land on planets. Ever since I started playing games that dealt with space (since the early 90's) I've always looked at the planets and wished that I could land on them. I've crashed (or attempted to) into every planet that a space game would put in front of me. Just to see if I could interact with it in some way. My favorite was when I phased right through Earth in X:3 Albion Prelude. Turns out Earth is hollow; who knew!? This game finally answered my decades long wish.

Wait, you actually flew to a planet in that game?

That takes forever, when I tried once I just figured it was a skybox, after I didn't get any closer and gave up

I play Kerbal Space Program for the main reason it's the only Space Sim game like it. I have played many games that attempt a space simulation, everything from Orbiter to more SciFi stuff but nothing had what I wanted. Nothing had the ability to really let me build a rocket, launch it and land on more then just the moon. There was a few games that allowed you to do this but they either were focused on the landing part or building the rocket part, you skipped entire sections/features of the game to where they was fun but not what I was hoping for. I even went so far myself to write an entire Game Design document for this idea alone, a game where you picked parts put them together to build your rocket, your pobes, everything. All it did was sit there and gather more idea's as at the time I hadn't the capability to bring it to life.

Then I find Kerbal Space Program.... that not only gave me everything I would have wanted... and honestly this is why KSP is so popular it appeals to all area's of Space travel and provides game play for that. Most importantly it presented it all in this wonderful and humorous universe that has its brilliant serious side but enough fun and laughter to make it all just feel so good to play.

I play KSP because it lets me do the things I just can not IRL, it lets me make my own missions, my own stories. Lets me play as a Space program manager, a builder, an explorer of other worlds. It honestly gives me a sense of wonder and excitement when I can get my weird contraptions to land on other worlds and doesn't slap my wrists for the obvious denial of gravity and physical laws. Though I'm sure the amount of times I have face palmed over my mistakes more then made up for it.

I play KSP..because it's KSP :D

Wait, you actually flew to a planet in that game?

That takes forever, when I tried once I just figured it was a skybox, after I didn't get any closer and gave up

It wasn't exactly difficult when I can just run the game in the background with time warp enabled and the fastest ship in the game. XD Actually, the hardest part was just getting to Sol. The pirates are relentless.

I play KSP because if we don't sacrifice enough Kerbals to the Kraken, the Kraken will have to cross over into our universe to fill its belly. There is thus nothing more important in life, no higher calling, than playing KSP. The future itself is literally at stake.

I heard about KSP from NerdCubed's video on it. I didn't think KSP was all that interesting, and I thought that it was just another "build your own rocket and fly it" game. But then I discovered HOCgaming from his "Artificial Gravity" series and, upon finding out about orbital construction and docking, I instantly fell madly in love with KSP, and only a few days later did I buy it.

Buy why I play KSP is a whole different story. First of all, the physics in this game are utterly incredible. It is awesome to learn about real-world physics and then be able to apply that knowledge inside the game. Also, who doesn't love this community and especially the developers? Seriously, the entire KSP community isn't here because "we all play the same game," it's about our hardcore love for physics, rockets and explosions.

Edited by Thomas988

Because it teaches me stuff I never thought I'd be able to learn, because it's fun, amusing at times, frustrating at others, but overcoming those obstacles gives such a huge feeling of satisfaction.

Also, it can be damned pretty...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Granted, most of what makes it pretty is mods, but without the game, there wouldn't be any mods, so.. you know :D

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.