[0.23.5] Venera (K.K.K.P) Project v0.1

WARNING!- This is my first mod so don't post hurtful or insulting comments about this.

There is one planet where only the best can land on...Eve. The best at landing there is the Koviet Union with:

The Venera Program

vuGH1H3.jpg(Sorry For The Large Image :( )

Planned Features:

- Fully Working Venera landers and orbiters at 64% scale.

- Heatshields and shrouds for the landers (Will Work With Deadly Reentry and FAR).

- Custom Parachutes.

(Please Suggest Features You Would Like To Be Implemented :) )

Pictures-

k9IHAO1.png

Edited by ImmerHerstellungWeltall

I've taken the liberty of moving this to the Add-on Development section. Feel free to continue sharing development progress here as it goes, and to create a new thread in the Add-on Releases and Showcases when you have it ready to share with the public :)

I mainly just want the Luna 9 "Flower" lander bit.

i second that! also would be highly interested in both the ring-type shock-absorbing landing gear as well as the disc-shaped airbrake from the veneras.

I mainly just want the Luna 9 "Flower" lander bit.

I'm VERY excited about the new ISS module: Nauka, which will be launching on April 25th, 2014!

FYI the Nauka has been delayed until probably 2016, the last I heard. I was researching this for a YouTube series that reconstructed the ISS. The playlist link is in my signature if you're interested. One of the episodes is named "Nauka" and talks about it.

How is this going to work given that Venus' atmosphere is about 50x thicker than Eve's but it has only ~70% the gravity? Evian terminal velocity is way too high for a realistic Venera mission profile to work (at least without RSS or planetfactory work).

I didn't really think about that.:confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.