Cargo Transportation Solutions (WIP)

Talisar

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Talisar (or anyone making a derivative version), I see that the "Large" (3.75m) parts still use size 2 attachment nodes. I don't know how much this affects connection strength, but it certainly has an impact on part catalog sorting mods. It would be good to fix that going forward. Thanks!

I stand corrected -- by chance, I only glanced at the config of the large adapter, which has a size 2 node on its "inside".

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

• 1 month later...
This is an amazing mod. I really hope it is updated for 1.0. Probably the most usefull mod made yet. Used with the USI colony mods its perfect.

Loaded it up and everything appears to be working (even attachment nodes) so no update should be needed for 1.0.

Also for great transport solutions for the MKS modules check out the Stork Delivery System.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112526-1-0-2-Stork-Delivery-System-SDS-version-0-2-3-02-05-2015

• 2 months later...

I updated this pack to KSP 1.0.4

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP 1.0.4
  • Part.cfg files renamed to be unique for the part so it makes searching easier.
  • Vastly improved the layout of .cfg files to make it easier to see what’s going on.
  • Fixed nodes
  • Converted png's to dds format
  • Moved 2.5m parts to heavierRocketry
  • Cost rebalancing
  • Fixed mass, drag and typos
  • Added bulkhead types
  • Added heat management to the Cargo Bays

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP 1.0.4
  • Part.cfg files renamed to be unique for the part so it makes searching easier.
  • Vastly improved the layout of .cfg files to make it easier to see what’s going on.
  • Fixed nodes
  • Cost rebalancing
  • Added bulkhead types

My HERO!

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP 1.0.4
  • Fixed nodes
  • Cost rebalancing
  • Added bulkhead types

Yay! Thx to update this mod

• 2 weeks later...

I released a new version of Cargo Transportation Solutions.

DOWNLOAD

Kerbalstuff

Github

Changelog:

These fixes where provided by Kerbas-ad-astra

• Cargo Adapter (PF Edition) is now only available when Procedural Fairings is installed
  • Dropped FireSpitter dependency
  • Added interior nodes to the frames and cargo bays
  • Added ModuleCargoBay to cargo bays
  • Added DragCubes to cargo bays, hollow separators and docking rings
  • Fixed descriptions of the 3.75m parts

First, I want to apologize because I can't seem to upload images to imgur today, so I can't show you what is happening.

I really want to use this mod to make a reusable MKS lander. The Arched Cargo Frame V2 would work perfectly for me. I first tried it and tweakscaled it out to 7.5 meters. While testing the frame on the launchpad it would resize itself back to the original size if I relaunched. It would do the same thing if I left to the space center and then returned to the flight. I tried 5 meters and the same thing. When it would resize itself it would leave all of the components I had attached hanging in mid-air as if the size hadn't changed.

I tried attaching a cargo adapter on one end and tweaking it, just to see what would happen. On a relaunch or visit to the spacecenter the frame would still resize, but the adapter would remain tweaked out to 5 or 7.5 meters.

I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed before. I didn't see any mention of it. I hope it can be fixed because your mod is definitely the answer to my needs.

Again, sorry for no images and thanks for the great work you already put into this thing.

First, I want to apologize because I can't seem to upload images to imgur today, so I can't show you what is happening.

I really want to use this mod to make a reusable MKS lander. The Arched Cargo Frame V2 would work perfectly for me. I first tried it and tweakscaled it out to 7.5 meters. While testing the frame on the launchpad it would resize itself back to the original size if I relaunched. It would do the same thing if I left to the space center and then returned to the flight. I tried 5 meters and the same thing. When it would resize itself it would leave all of the components I had attached hanging in mid-air as if the size hadn't changed.

I tried attaching a cargo adapter on one end and tweaking it, just to see what would happen. On a relaunch or visit to the spacecenter the frame would still resize, but the adapter would remain tweaked out to 5 or 7.5 meters.

I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed before. I didn't see any mention of it. I hope it can be fixed because your mod is definitely the answer to my needs.

Again, sorry for no images and thanks for the great work you already put into this thing.

Thats sounds like a tweakscale problem why not try using rescale = * to scale it ?

Thats sounds like a tweakscale problem why not try using rescale = * to scale it ?

Honestly, I never thought of that. I was always afraid to dig into the files.

I just set the rescaleFactor value from 1 to 3. It definitely made the frame larger, but I am having the exact same resizing issues.

I have created a thread to continue support of this wonderful mod. I wish to thank Talisar for his hard work and his generosity in releasing it under a license that permits us to maintain his work.

Also, thank you to Olympic1 and Kerbas ad Astra for their work.

Edited by taniwha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.