[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

I must apologise, I completely misunderstood the original statement you made.

The only possible way eve could be so dark is... I don't know, a unique element that's undiscovered?

Why must clouds all be the same colour anyway? Why not have a subtle mixture of lighter clouds at high altitude and darker ones at the lower altitudes? Then it stands up in theory (reflecting lots of light, radiation etc) and also looks nice :)

Lots of light would get reflected by the upper clouds leaving small amounts of light lower down.

- - - Updated - - -

What does Kerbin's aurora look like from the surface (regarding that screenshot)?

Here you go:

xLy0xVS.png

I must apologise, I completely misunderstood the original statement you made.

The only possible way eve could be so dark is... I don't know, a unique element that's undiscovered?

Why must clouds all be the same colour anyway? Why not have a subtle mixture of lighter clouds at high altitude and darker ones at the lower altitudes? Then it stands up in theory (reflecting lots of light, radiation etc) and also looks nice :)

Lots of light would get reflected by the upper clouds leaving small amounts of light lower down.

- - - Updated - - -

What does Kerbin's aurora look like from the surface (regarding that screenshot)?

That's exactly what I thought too. I messed arround with the clouds a bit, and managed to get this effect. The top laer of clouds as well as atomo layer are bright magenta and as you descend they turn into darker and darker purple and ultimately they shift into very dark green (hardly visible from orbit, in orbit the clouds are very bright, almost white magenta with streaks of purple where top cover breaks. I had to move layer 0 to the top and to get this effect cause apparently EVE always displays layer 0 on top, no matter what the actual (altitude induced) order is). I also added one additional layer between each 2, so now with volumetric clouds enabled, the cover is continuous. Once you enter clouds at 15 km you descend through the soup that gets darker and darker until they break right above surface.

I'm gonna post some screenshots later, if that's ok with you, Sonic.

Hi,

I have installed this pack. The kerbin looks so beautiful now but the mun looks worse. I mean it is like it has atmosphere which makes craters barely visible. Is there an option to only restore to default mun?

That's exactly what I thought too. I messed arround with the clouds a bit, and managed to get this effect. The top laer of clouds as well as atomo layer are bright magenta and as you descend they turn into darker and darker purple and ultimately they shift into very dark green (hardly visible from orbit, in orbit the clouds are very bright, almost white magenta with streaks of purple where top cover breaks. I had to move layer 0 to the top and to get this effect cause apparently EVE always displays layer 0 on top, no matter what the actual (altitude induced) order is). I also added one additional layer between each 2, so now with volumetric clouds enabled, the cover is continuous. Once you enter clouds at 15 km you descend through the soup that gets darker and darker until they break right above surface.

I'm gonna post some screenshots later, if that's ok with you, Sonic.

Sure. Be sure to post them in an album.

Hi,

I have installed this pack. The kerbin looks so beautiful now but the mun looks worse. I mean it is like it has atmosphere which makes craters barely visible. Is there an option to only restore to default mun?

The mun is getting an overhaul in V5. You can go to the tracking station and hit ALT+N on the Mun and click the remove button until it's all fixed.

HM... What if I say Jool look too green-ish? I like the V4 version more because it got contrast between green and white.

I dunno..The lines seemed too perfect. I'll try to make the colors lighter and darker.

I think I found a bug :P

http://i.imgur.com/uIbATap.jpg

Updated the dropbox download with a fix.

Also planet update:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've also been working on a draft for the new thread when V5 comes out. I've got a new name too. Excpect V5 to come out around in around 1-2 weeks. All depending on the new release of EVE.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

The mun is getting an overhaul in V5. You can go to the tracking station and hit ALT+N on the Mun and click the remove button until it's all fixed.

Thanks a lot! An I have a feedback if you interested in; what about random clouds on the kerbin? I mean sometimes it would be cloudy day, sometimes sunny, sometimes partly cloudly. It sounds good imo.

How should I install this when RSS has already been installed? Should I over write the RSS .cfg and .dll or should I just leave them be and only copy the BoulderCo folder to the Gamedata folder?

BA is not for RSS right now.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

OK, here is how I see Eve.

http://imgur.com/a/u5hqB

That is so amazing! Don't suppose you could provide a download could you? Really think this is something spectacular, but I have no idea how to do this stuff.

On a slightly unrelated note, do you think the surface of Eve is a bit... overwhelming? It's just such a bright colour. Is there a way to tone it back a little?

Is it technically possible yet to simulate the conic shadow for asteroid belts ? :)

Yes, I will add that to my to do list :)

That is so amazing! Don't suppose you could provide a download could you? Really think this is something spectacular, but I have no idea how to do this stuff.

On a slightly unrelated note, do you think the surface of Eve is a bit... overwhelming? It's just such a bright colour. Is there a way to tone it back a little?

Yeah, I don't actually know if I can change that. Maybe if i make a mod for it, but with this I don't think so.

What do you guys think of this?

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Yes, I will ad that to my to do list :)

Yeah, I don't actually know if I can change that. Maybe if i make a mod for it, but with this I don't think so.

http://imgur.com/a/KHEcf

Eve from orbit looks beautiful!

Maybe you can chalk the glowing surface up to radioactive elements in the soil interacting with Eve's weird atmosphere chemistry? I like how eerie the surface looks with the ominous clouds overhead and the ghostly glow from the ground.

Yes, I will add that to my to do list :)

http://imgur.com/a/KHEcf

The EVE from your post looks amazing. Looks like a keeper :)

I was about to say i did not like the pale version from m4ti140, that it was too pale, but looks like, no need to worry about that now :)

@TheSonicGalaxy - "Let's just say it's a place we haven't touched yet. " - As long as you don't make Kerbol go nova :confused:

Edited by Grunf911

Just a quick a request... please make Tylo's atmosphere a bit less intense at lower altitudes - like the changes you are making to Mun. Basically, when I'm orbiting at 30 km, I see a semi-thick atmosphere around Tylo (it's not that bad, just slightly on the thick side). On the surface, it's fine.

I also have a question - is there an option to extend the draw distance of volumetric clouds? I have a semi-powerful three-year old laptop that I think would be able to handle that. I just want to be able to see spectacular cloud formations below me while I aerobrake around Jool, if possible. :sticktongue:

Anyway, I love all the changes that are being made! They all look spectacular!

Just a quick a request... please make Tylo's atmosphere a bit less intense at lower altitudes - like the changes you are making to Mun. Basically, when I'm orbiting at 30 km, I see a semi-thick atmosphere around Tylo (it's not that bad, just slightly on the thick side). On the surface, it's fine.

I also have a question - is there an option to extend the draw distance of volumetric clouds? I have a semi-powerful three-year old laptop that I think would be able to handle that. I just want to be able to see spectacular cloud formations below me while I aerobrake around Jool, if possible. :sticktongue:

Anyway, I love all the changes that are being made! They all look spectacular!

1. Yeah, that's what i've been planning with Mun, Ike, and Tylo.

2.Yeah, but it's going to be way more intese than you think. Go into the EVE folder(Not boulderco) and you should see a cfg file. The first number in the cfg file is the draw distance(this however spreads them out, not just making more at farther distances), the second one is how bunched up they are(which is what you need to up the number on to have them more bunched up at higher draw distances). Though Jool can't have any Volumetric clouds. I could be completely wrong but I remember hearing that it's because Jool has no PQS which is what the VC's need.

As usual, would like Feedback. If there should be any color changes let me know. Erona gave me some new Auroras for Jool. Which i also put on Laythe and Eve. The new project is going to be shown soon once I'm happy with it.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

1. Yeah, that's what i've been planning with Mun, Ike, and Tylo.

2.Yeah, but it's going to be way more intese than you think. Go into the EVE folder(Not boulderco) and you should see a cfg file. The first number in the cfg file is the draw distance(this however spreads them out, not just making more at farther distances), the second one is how bunched up they are(which is what you need to up the number on to have them more bunched up at higher draw distances). Though Jool can't have any Volumetric clouds. I could be completely wrong but I remember hearing that it's because Jool has no PQS which is what the VC's need.

As usual, would like Feedback. If there should be any color changes let me know. Erona gave me some new Auroras for Jool. Which i also put on Laythe and Eve. The new project is going to be shown soon once I'm happy with it.

http://imgur.com/a/vM8OU

This looks gorgeous :) You don't want by any chance make some of those nice planet screenshots without orbital lines.So they can make some nice wallpapers, as a kind of pre-release treat:) I would like to change my wallpaper but don't want to wait for the new version release .That would be awesome

Edited by DasBananenbrot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.