[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Low-res version? Medium-res version? I approve, and am now downloading. I can run the high-res, but it was giving me irritating framerate drops when flying through the clouds and sometimes at random while in low orbit.

EDIT: Yeah, low-res is too, uh, low-res. We have an ETA on a link for medium-res? Or should I just batch resize the textures I have?

Edited by parameciumkid

here is a link for a "medium res version" (i just resized some files, not all). comes with a edited sharedassets10 and visor reflections matching the new skybox...

https://www./?byudc60dage2f85

note. this file contains only resized textures you still need to download one of the original packages :D

I was actually starting working on a medium res version, but this will save a lot of time. Thanks, though I'm not sure if asset files are share-able, are they?

Im on a Mac osx and the solar flare works when I'm staring at the sun straight in the face (very close to it) but when i look at it from a distance, its just the same,old yellow Kerbol…

also, KSP crashes when i look at the clouds

Edited by tychochallenge

Im on a Mac osx and the solar flare works when I'm staring at the sun straight in the face (very close to it) but when i look at it from a distance, its just the same,old yellow Kerbol...

There is a way to fix that if you download the assets file in the mediafire link above (assuming that it is okay to share the assets file), if you have a virtual machine it is possible to do it manually on your computer...

OK, so I downloaded that medium res version, just for the assets file, and added it. (Actually modifying it myself was something I really didn't want to do. Too time consuming and complicatetd for me.)

Works fine on the 64 bit workaround. :)

One thing I have noticed though, since V4 actually, the shadows that are produced by the clouds seem to glitch out around higher terrain when viewed from above. Is there anything I can do to stop that?

The citylights do the same thing. (I removed them from my install though) It's like the edges are twitching. I guess that's a bug with EVE though, maybe?

I have been having this REALLY annoying graphical bug recently. It seems that the clouds are offset in a VERY strange way.

Screenshot:

B18C6091C65765E26C52FE6CF124304D6B9D707A

If anyone could tell me hot to fix this, or if it even is a bug, help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Spica

I have been having this REALLY annoying graphical bug recently. It seems that the clouds are offset in a VERY strange way.

Screenshot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3244030610492493846/B18C6091C65765E26C52FE6CF124304D6B9D707A/

If anyone could tell me hot to fix this, or if it even is a bug, help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Spica

You have an extra cloudlayers.cfg in your clouds folder.

Screenshot:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3244030610492493846/B18C6091C65765E26C52FE6CF124304D6B9D707A/

Thanks

Spica

You have an extra cloudlayers.cfg in your clouds folder.

i have the same bug, the only cloud cfg file i have is better atmospheres, 56 KB

i have the same bug, the only cloud cfg file i have is better atmospheres, 56 KB

Are you completely sure? Can you tell me exactly, maybe even a picture of your cloud folder? I've tested it and the only known reason for this happening is an extra cloudLayers.cfg.

Screenshot:

Thanks

Spica

I don't quite see what is going on in that picture? The clouds are lighter?

Are you completely sure? Can you tell me exactly, maybe even a picture of your cloud folder? I've tested it and the only known reason for this happening is an extra cloudLayers.cfg.

Yup, .../boulderCo/clouds >> cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg and textures file,

original eve file doesnt have anything else on clouds, perhaps my better BA config file is somehow messed up? i first installed high res, it became a bit bad for FPS, i installed low res, it gave me those black clouds i mentioned in the dev thread, i re instealled high res, i am doing fine, no black clouds but exacly the same problem, i also mentioned this on the dev thread as well ( same problem also happened in low res version) perhaps my cfg file is somehow messed up, the only editing i have made to this pact was deleting city lights DLL on EVE, and pretty certain that has nothing to do with this problem. perhaps you can upload your on CFG and ill see if thats the source of my problem

http://postimg.org/image/xgfp1z55v/full/

here is the low res vesion of this bug, on clear day light, the clouds that arent suppose to be there are blue and they rotate slower then the REAL white clouds

Yup, .../boulderCo/clouds >> cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg and textures file,

original eve file doesnt have anything else on clouds, perhaps my better BA config file is somehow messed up? i first installed high res, it became a bit bad for FPS, i installed low res, it gave me those black clouds i mentioned in the dev thread, i re instealled high res, i am doing fine, no black clouds but exacly the same problem, i also mentioned this on the dev thread as well ( same problem also happened in low res version) perhaps my cfg file is somehow messed up, the only editing i have made to this pact was deleting city lights DLL on EVE, and pretty certain that has nothing to do with this problem. perhaps you can upload your on CFG and ill see if thats the source of my problem

http://postimg.org/image/xgfp1z55v/full/

here is the low res vesion of this bug, on clear day light, the clouds that arent suppose to be there are blue and they rotate slower then the REAL white clouds

You might wanna try re-installing eve and the eve section of this mod.

You might wanna try re-installing eve and the eve section of this mod.

just did, i have re installed eve and this mod, deleted the clouds cfg, planet factory cloud cfg from the cloud folder, as you said no other cloud cfg should be there

http://i57.tinypic.com/30sjz4m.png"]30sjz4m.png;

high res version, the blue ones are fake ,rotate slower, also has the same map as the real clouds,

i have eve LOW RES though, maybe installing ba high res over eve low res couses this, but then again BA low res also had the same issue

just did, i have re installed eve and this mod, deleted the clouds cfg, planet factory cloud cfg from the cloud folder, as you said no other cloud cfg should be there

http://i57.tinypic.com/30sjz4m.png'>http://i57.tinypic.com/30sjz4m.png;

high res version, the blue ones are fake ,rotate slower, also has the same map as the real clouds,

i have eve LOW RES though, maybe installing ba high res over eve low res couses this, but then again BA low res also had the same issue

Have you tried to open the cloud layers(alt+n in-game) to find and delete the blue cloud layer?

Have you tried to open the cloud layers(alt+n in-game) to find and delete the blue cloud layer?

there is none, those clouds are simply ARENT there, they also dont move as clouds, they move slower, the image you see above is that way becouse i timewarped for 2-3 seconds, maybe we are looking in the wrong direction, perhaps its a map error that appear as clouds

there is none, those clouds are simply ARENT there, they also dont move as clouds, they move slower, the image you see above is that way becouse i timewarped for 2-3 seconds, maybe we are looking in the wrong direction, perhaps its a map error that appear as clouds

Do the clouds move at all or do they just stay stationary? Do you have any other mods installed?

Do the clouds move at all or do they just stay stationary? Do you have any other mods installed?

real ones move just fine, these blue ones i think stand still relative to the ground,i havent really paid attention calculating their velocity, and oh yeah i have tons mods, part mods that are compleatly unrelated, texture mods that i only installed becouse they were mandetory for this patch, the only texture mod i ve installed and is not a must have is distant object enhacement , which is reccomended here and im pretty sure as hell it has nothing to do with this.

real ones move just fine, these blue ones i think stand still relative to the ground,i havent really paid attention calculating their velocity, and oh yeah i have tons mods, part mods that are compleatly unrelated, texture mods that i only installed becouse they were mandetory for this patch, the only texture mod i ve installed and is not a must have is distant object enhacement , which is reccomended here and im pretty sure as hell it has nothing to do with this.

That is strange. Does it happen with normal EVE and without BA?

Hi TSG :) Firstly, congrats to you and Erona on V5, was really looking forward to this update and it did not dissapoint!

Quick question though. My Kerbol (Sun if you prefer) is definitely still yellow. I have yet to do the sun flare installation as this seems a bit of a pain to do at 2:05 am :) Is it the flares that give the white appearance? If so, no worries, just wanted to be sure.

If not, then, as far as I can tell, everything is installed correctly and the "default" EVE clouds are removed as stated in the install guide. I did however remove city lights, more for personal preference than anything else. Is it this file that affects the sun?

Again, thanks for any answer you (or anyone) can offer, and congrats again on your great work on such a great mod. It just makes the game look so fantastic, and is a great addition to Rbrays EVE.

EDIT: Re-scanned the last 10 or so pages and it does appear that the "flare" element creates the white look, but any official answer will be cool incase I'm mistaken :)

Edited by Lei07
Missed something from earlier page.

The solar flare is only editable by changing the sharedassests10 file in the KSP_Data folder. There's a program linked (by way of several posts) in the OP that can do this for you, but be sure to back up the sharedassets10 file before you do anything.

The city lights file/cfg only (presumably) affects the city lights on Kerbin. I don't know if TSG has made clever use of them on other planets, but no, it doesn't touch the solar flare at all.

So uh...think I'm going to go on a hiatus for a day - 3 days. Very, very serious work needs to be done with my friends.

You can download the lastest version of kittopia Tech here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619-Plugin-WIP-KittopiaTech-Ingame-Terraforming-Tools-V0-125

It fixes the inclination bug, so the wobble is back!

Now if You'll excuse me, Gonna go do that..serious work..

*Loads up new TF2 update and buys conga taunt*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.