[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how many .cfg files should I have in BoulderCo\Clouds? Right now I have cloudlayers.cfg, cloudlayers-betteratmopsheres.cfg, and cloudlayers-planetfactory.cfg. Should I delete the others besides the better atmospheres one?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how many .cfg files should I have in BoulderCo\Clouds? Right now I have cloudlayers.cfg, cloudlayers-betteratmopsheres.cfg, and cloudlayers-planetfactory.cfg. Should I delete the others besides the better atmospheres one?

Yes, You can keep PF, but Cloudlayers.cfg should be removed.

the new EVE 9-2 works with different config structure for atmo, land and ocean

I tried editing BA's configs to move everything into the right spots, but couldn't ever get it working. I ended up just going back to EVE 7-3 until Thesonicgalaxy has time to update this mod properly.

wait eve has a 9-2? the main page says still 7-3

There's a 9.2 prerelease and some more recent test versions floating around. But they're all very buggy and not ready for a full release yet. It does include some nice new tech however.

There's a 9.2 prerelease and some more recent test versions floating around. But they're all very buggy and not ready for a full release yet. It does include some nice new tech however.

i guess ill wait arround for full release, is there any future plans for better atmospheres now that the new techs 9-2 will bring allow even better textures?

I've got a quick question. I've found this mod blacks out my skybox a bit too much. I know it's realistic but I'd like to have more stars visible in space. Where would I need to look to adjust how dark Kerbol makes the skybox in space during the day?

I've got a quick question. I've found this mod blacks out my skybox a bit too much. I know it's realistic but I'd like to have more stars visible in space. Where would I need to look to adjust how dark Kerbol makes the skybox in space during the day?

That would be due to Distant Object Enhancer. You can change the settings at the KSC screen (from the Toolbar button) or just delete the mod entirely if you want.

EDIT: Unrelated note, but I'm having trouble with incorporating parts of BA into a custom cfg for EVE. Specifically, the Sun layers (as they're needed for this superb flare) - I copy across the Sun section (and only the Sun section), but doing that gives me the clouds on Minmus as well :confused: what gives? Notepad really isn't the best for parsing cfg files.. :(

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I have a question. For whatever reason, Kerbol now kinda flickers, almost as if it is glitching. Not sure what is causing this. It wouldn't possibly be because of the change to white, would it? If so, how would I go about changing just Kerbol back to the yellow star?

I need help. The game crashes right before the main menu, I found it to be when I merge the BoulderCo with the existing one. And yes I deleting the cloudlayers.cfg and left the cloudlayers-BA one there as well as cloudlayers-planetfactory. I am using EVE and Texture Replacer. I am not using RSS, custom asteroid, or kittopia. I did not copy those since I dont have the mods for them.

Any ideas whats up? Thanks

I need help. The game crashes right before the main menu, I found it to be when I merge the BoulderCo with the existing one. And yes I deleting the cloudlayers.cfg and left the cloudlayers-BA one there as well as cloudlayers-planetfactory. I am using EVE and Texture Replacer. I am not using RSS, custom asteroid, or kittopia. I did not copy those since I dont have the mods for them.

Any ideas whats up? Thanks

crashing right before the main menu as in its the final loading screen with loading mark on right bottom side of the screen? that is often coused by memory issiues, i suggest you install ATM if not try to get to some lower resolution versions or delete modds you dont use if this is the case.

I have a question. For whatever reason, Kerbol now kinda flickers, almost as if it is glitching. Not sure what is causing this. It wouldn't possibly be because of the change to white, would it? If so, how would I go about changing just Kerbol back to the yellow star?

if you want to change kerbol back to vanilla use the asset back up you took before you modified the file. ahem you did back uped that file didnt you?

KSP_Data/sharedassests10.assests

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. And I'll be sure to actually back things up next time.

Edit: Well, I pulled the old sharedassests10 file into my KSP_Data folder and replaced the current one, and not only is Kerbol still white, but it still has that shimmery glitchy look to it still.

Edited by TheMariner
Tested fix. Didn't work.

I think I'm having this same problem, I've got the regular EVE clouds and the Sun is yellow up close but the flare is white. I am using the x64 version, I've tried installing all the recommended mods then BA last, maybe I'm doing something out of order?

I think I'm having this same problem, I've got the regular EVE clouds and the Sun is yellow up close but the flare is white.

BA5 adds clouds to the Sun which makes it white close up. This is the relevant section of BoulderCo/Clouds/CloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres

CLOUD_LAYER
{
SAVED
{
body = Sun
altitude = 1.2E+07
volume = False
color
{
r = 33
g = 33
b = 33
a = 3
}
main_texture
{
file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/Sun
scale = 1
offset
{
x = 0
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = 0
y = 0
}
}
scaled_shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 0
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0.00875
minimumLight = 0.5
fadeDistance = 0.4
rimDistance = 1
}
shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 0
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 2E-06
minimumLight = 0.5
fadeDistance = 1000
rimDistance = 0
}
}
}

As long as that's in whatever cfg is present in BoulderCo/Clouds, the sun will be white.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. And I'll be sure to actually back things up next time.

Edit: Well, I pulled the old sharedassests10 file into my KSP_Data folder and replaced the current one, and not only is Kerbol still white, but it still has that shimmery glitchy look to it still.

You need to remove all the layers on the sun. The asset file only replaces the sun flare.

Did anyone test V5 in OpenGl mode? (-force-opengl)? It saves 40% of memory without ATM, but I heard people had crashes when using this with BA.

It works fine for me, and I don't see why it shouldn't. Though, it could be a situation where it works for some and not others based on computer spec or something else.

I think I'm having this same problem, I've got the regular EVE clouds and the Sun is yellow up close but the flare is white. I am using the x64 version, I've tried installing all the recommended mods then BA last, maybe I'm doing something out of order?

Are you trying to get rid of the flare or make the sun white?

If it's A: Get the original asset file that you backed up or if you still have the KSP zip. If you're using steam, back up your saves and any mods you're using and re install. As long as you don't install the asset file, you're flare will be yellow.

If it's B: Then you have probably have an outdated EVE. This is intended for EVE 7-3, but EVE 7-2 should still work. EVE 7-1 and lower do NOT work. IF you are updated, check to see if you have the Sun.png file. As with the Atmo.png. They are under the clouds folder in the BoulderCo folder. If you do, check the config and make sure that there are layers for the sun. If none of these worked for you, I have no clue why it's doing that.

This probably isn't the mod for it, but any ideas on how I can get the dark sides of planets actually dark? You're always able to easily navigate the backsides of planets, and I was hoping to up the contrast somehow.

This probably isn't the mod for it, but any ideas on how I can get the dark sides of planets actually dark? You're always able to easily navigate the backsides of planets, and I was hoping to up the contrast somehow.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71536-0-24-0-Ambient-Light-Adjustment-1-1-1-Who-needs-lights-in-space-!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.