[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Fix for the 'Black Sky Bug'

I suffered the same issue as many people here, but I don't want to use BA without RSS. It looks bad which defies the point of the whole mod. Because RSS v7.1 didn't fix the bug for me, I compiled a fix from version 6.2 of the Real Solar System.dll (from the GitHub files) and updated the Compatibility Checker to v3 for KSP 0.24.2.

I had a PM conversation with NathanKell, who allowed me to release this DLL until he releases a hotfix. I'll further try to help track down this issue, but for now, here is the temporary fix for BA v5 users:

Real Solar System.dll fixed version DOWNLOAD

Just replace your Real Solar System.dll with this one, which should resolve your problem with the black sky for now as it does for me.

Cheers,

BigNose

The first time that happened to me, it was because I had multiple config files in the /gamedata/BoulderCo/Clouds folder. The game default one 'cloudLayers.cfg', one added by one of the better atmospheres dependencies 'cloudLayers-PlanetFactory.cfg' and the one for Better Atmospheres 'cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg' were all in there at once - I hadn't realised I needed to delete all the files except cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg from that folder.

Could be worth a look if you've not checked that already :).

I've tried that, and no change, still no gaps in the clouds.

Nope, it isn't KW or NEAR. It is RSS.

I didn't do anything to RSS and it went back to normal after uninstalling them. I mean, I still get the incompatible version thing, but my sky looks normal.

Edit: Not trying to say you are wrong, it's just that I haven't had any problems with RSS other than incompatible version message.

Edited by TheMariner

I didn't do anything to RSS and it went back to normal after uninstalling them. I mean, I still get the incompatible version thing, but my sky looks normal.

Edit: Not trying to say you are wrong, it's just that I haven't had any problems with RSS other than incompatible version message.

I posted a fix two post before. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77523-0-24-Better-Atmospheres-V5-June-14th-2014?p=1313673&viewfull=1#post1313673). Jeez.

Sorry, misread your reply.

Edited by BigNose

I saw it, but didn't need it as I am no longer having the issue anymore. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77523-0-24-Better-Atmospheres-V5-June-14th-2014?p=1310198&viewfull=1#post1310198) Jeez.

No worries.

Edited by TheMariner

I started the process of support for BA with RSS today. I'm the guy that does the 10x kerbal config. For BA I had to adjust the clouds a bit for kebin since the surface has changes via the PQSMods that I have done. Also I changed all the cloud speeds so now clouds don't fly pass your jet :) What is not working is the rings around Jupiter as well

as the Asteroid config. So I need to do more work. Here is a early release if you want to try it.

http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/Eve-7.3-BA-V5.zip

As for Eve Overhaul I have just started to looking at support for RSS 10x kerbal with it. It will be awhile before I get to BA with it. Anyways that is in early development.

So, I've run into an error when trying to load a game. I get the following when I click the "REsume Saved" button on the main menu. It seems to happen randomly and there are no reliable steps to reproduce it. I am running Windows 7 and KSP .24.2 64bit.

Relavent code snippit:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at RegexKSP.RandomCrew.checkState (.Game g) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Game].Fire (.Game data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Game..ctor (.ConfigNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GamePersistence.LoadGame (System.String filename, System.String saveFolder, Boolean haltIfIncompatible, Boolean suppressErrorMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MainMenu.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextButton3D+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Output Log: http://www./view/dq405wpu4yba63o/output_log.txt

RegexKSP.RandomCrew.checkState

That would suggest it's regex's Random Crew mod, not BA, that's causing or at least implicated in the crashes. Also, the "Could not load type 'CrewRoster'" is something I've seen when mods that use old methods of calling the crew list aren't updated to 0.24, which uses I think KerbalRoster or the other way round or something - again, something that Random Crew would have a big involvement in and not RSS, EVE, Custom Asteroids or KittopiaTech (or I'd be very surprised if they were).

That would suggest it's regex's Random Crew mod, not BA, that's causing or at least implicated in the crashes. Also, the "Could not load type 'CrewRoster'" is something I've seen when mods that use old methods of calling the crew list aren't updated to 0.24, which uses I think KerbalRoster or the other way round or something - again, something that Random Crew would have a big involvement in and not RSS, EVE, Custom Asteroids or KittopiaTech (or I'd be very surprised if they were).

So how do I go about updating it for .24?

So how do I go about updating it for .24?

*Looks at my signature*

Doesn't do *exactly* the same thing that Regex's plugin does, but it might suit you. IMO, though I am biased, it is an improvement.

*Looks at my signature*

Doesn't do *exactly* the same thing that Regex's plugin does, but it might suit you. IMO, though I am biased, it is an improvement.

That's actually exactly what I wanted. Thank you both and I apologize for derailing the thread.

Would you consider this mod 'finished' yet, in the sense you have nothing more to add to it? It's improved KSP so much. If it isn't finished, any clues on what we can expect next? Already excited to hear of what you're working on now!

Yo.

I know I haven't said anything in a while, so I'm here to clear some things up.

As for updates and stuff like that...We've kinda hit a brick wall. Mainly due to the fact the new EVE still needs to come out. Also due to the fact Erona hasn't said anything recently, I'm going to message him tomorrow and see if he responds.

There's also the fact the doing anything with this felt more like work than a fun hobby. Again, I still would like suggestions as to what I should add. Unlike most authors I do this for you guys mainly. What you guys want is what I will do.

I just noticed the Kerbals helmets show stars... when on Eve or Duna, I wonder if that can be fixed?

They should always show stars in the helmet. If you don't want it go to the texture replacer folder and remove everything in the envmap folder.

I'll give updates more recently than I have been. Thank you all for just being awesome! :D

OH BTW! Steve the ant is doing fine, just fed him and put him to sleep :)

God, who is going to get THAT?

I know this is a random question, but is there any way to increase the size of the sun flare for those of us playing on Real Solar System? I put in the .assets file into the x64_data folder and the flare itself worked great. There's just some graphical issues when you get closer to the sun. At around Mercury's orbit, the actual sun starts to clip through the flare, since the flair isn't re-scaled for the larger sun present in RSS. Could anyone either make the flair larger or tell me how to do it? Thanks!

Edited by Deadpeople37

Hello! :)

I've been around the whole time. Just lurking :) Been busy with summer things and since EVE doesn't have a release time frame at this point, I didn't think I'd be able to contribute much until it's out. Hoping it's still chugging along.

Yo.

I know I haven't said anything in a while, so I'm here to clear some things up.

As for updates and stuff like that...We've kinda hit a brick wall. Mainly due to the fact the new EVE still needs to come out. Also due to the fact Erona hasn't said anything recently, I'm going to message him tomorrow and see if he responds.

There's also the fact the doing anything with this felt more like work than a fun hobby. Again, I still would like suggestions as to what I should add. Unlike most authors I do this for you guys mainly. What you guys want is what I will do.

They should always show stars in the helmet. If you don't want it go to the texture replacer folder and remove everything in the envmap folder.

I'll give updates more recently than I have been. Thank you all for just being awesome! :D

OH BTW! Steve the ant is doing fine, just fed him and put him to sleep :)

God, who is going to get THAT?

I've been around the whole time. Just lurking :) Been busy with summer things and since EVE doesn't have a release time frame at this point, I didn't think I'd be able to contribute much until it's out. Hoping it's still chugging along.

Ah good to hear from you! Yeah, sadly not much will be happening to BA for the time being. Until the next EVE, don't expect any huge updates or anything. Hope everything in your life is doing fine, Erona! :)

Still chugging... not as fast as I'd like but it is still going. :) Have to re-visit oceans now that terrain is done, and finish up with work on atmosphere.

Fix for the 'Black Sky Bug'

I suffered the same issue as many people here, but I don't want to use BA without RSS. It looks bad which defies the point of the whole mod. Because RSS v7.1 didn't fix the bug for me, I compiled a fix from version 6.2 of the Real Solar System.dll (from the GitHub files) and updated the Compatibility Checker to v3 for KSP 0.24.2.

I had a PM conversation with NathanKell, who allowed me to release this DLL until he releases a hotfix. I'll further try to help track down this issue, but for now, here is the temporary fix for BA v5 users:

Real Solar System.dll fixed version DOWNLOAD

Just replace your Real Solar System.dll with this one, which should resolve your problem with the black sky for now as it does for me.

Cheers,

BigNose

So that link is dead, I've been trying to look around to fix this issue. Just crashes before the load screen everytime. Forgive me, I've been reading this thread over and haven't been seeing any obvious solution to the problem.

Please help me :(

Edited by SimonTheSkink

Oh, that is so awesome but it drops my fps critically. Even the low quality version=(

It's very strange. I have about 12 gb of RAM and I thought that it'll be enough to play KSPx64 without Acvtive Texture Manager...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.