[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Hey, i can not, for the life of me get the white sun to work, everything else seems to work but this. I installed all the dependencies (EVE, RSS, CA,TR) and i moved the asset10 to my KSP_x64_DATA (renamed KSP_DATA for steam reasons) but it still doesn't seem to work. It appears to work when the sun is obscured by a planet, but otherwise the sun is still the ugly yellow. any idea what im doing wrong? In the album below you can see the obscured and unobscured sun vs how it should be and where i added the assets and mod files http://imgur.com/a/BykHT

So... you put the 32bit file into the 64bit folder? That would probably be why? Why rename the folder anyway, just make a shortcut in your Steam library that points to the 64bit launcher, if you really want to use that build. I'm sure either of those two things would cause issues of some kind.

Also, it's highly probable that the asset file is incompatible with 0.90.0, which means you need to create a new one using Unity Assests Explorer with the SunflareDDS file within the download.

Plus, you're missing KittopiaTech terraforming tools as a dependency if you want all of BA's features.

Edited by Lei07

So... you put the 32bit file into the 64bit folder? That would probably be why? Why rename the folder anyway, just make a shortcut in your Steam library that points to the 64bit launcher, if you really want to use that build. I'm sure either of those two things would cause issues of some kind.

Also, it's highly probable that the asset file is incompatible with 0.90.0, which means you need to create a new one using Unity Assests Explorer with the SunflareDDS file within the download.

Plus, you're missing KittopiaTech terraforming tools as a dependency if you want all of BA's features.

The asset file is indeed incompatible. The sunflare is now located in SharedAssets9 I believe.

no, i put the 64bit file in the 64bit folder. I renamed the KSP 64bit launcher to just say KSP and KSP_DATA and then deleted the originals so that when i launch from steam it would just immediately go to the 64bit version. I added kittopia tech and tried again but its still not working

so if i renamed the asset to be 9 instead of 10 and then replaced asset 9 would that work or is it just completely incompatible?

- - - Updated - - -

The asset file is indeed incompatible. The sunflare is now located in SharedAssets9 I believe.
so if i renamed the asset to be 9 instead of 10 and then replaced asset 9 would that work or is it just completely incompatible?

No, you need to use Unity Assets Manager and edit sharedassets9 with the BA SunflareDDS like I said. Or wait til someone posts one.

I would share mine, if I get round to doing it, but it never looks as good as ones compiled by TSG or someone else who knows how to do it better than I. I just follow the instructions the best I can.

Call me a noob, but... where do you put the asset file?

Inside the KSP_Data or the KSP_x64_Data.

I've also finally decided to leave this mod, and I've let Erona have all control over what happens to this mod. It was fun, but I think it's time to move on from the mod. Thanks everyone for supporting me in my time working n this mod, and I hope whatever Erona decides to do with it is for the good of the mod! Thank you, and good-bye!

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Hello everyone! Erona here, one of the creators of Better Atmospheres. So I've got all these lovely textures from this pack and would enjoy making more but Thesonicgalaxy was the creator and ultimate visionary of what Better Atmospheres is. As EVE nears it's next update, I would like to check it out for myself and see what I can do to continue where BAV5 left off.

However this would mean dialing back its scope. TSG was in charge of all the technical stuff involving EVE, KittopiaTech Ingame terraforming tools (planet rings), and Custom Asteroids. I am pretty confident once I get my hands on the final version of EVE I can maintain the cities, clouds, auroras, atmosphere, skybox, and lens flare but those other mods are beyond me for now.

So the question is, would people want an updated Better Atmospheres minus the rings and asteroids once the new EVE comes out, or should I fork off into my own pack of custom textures for EVE and Texture replacer? The third option would be to just make all my textures open for anyone to do with as they please but I'm kind of attached to them... You input would be welcome and appreciated.

Here's a sneak peak at the initial test for the cities I made using the EVE work in progress. The faded parts of the city shouldn't be as noticeable next time.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Hello everyone! Erona here, one of the creators of Better Atmospheres. So I've got all these lovely textures from this pack and would enjoy making more but Thesonicgalaxy was the creator and ultimate visionary of what Better Atmospheres is. As EVE nears it's next update, I would like to check it out for myself and see what I can do to continue where BAV5 left off.

However this would mean dialing back its scope. TSG was in charge of all the technical stuff involving EVE, KittopiaTech Ingame terraforming tools (planet rings), and Custom Asteroids. I am pretty confident once I get my hands on the final version of EVE I can maintain the cities, clouds, auroras, atmosphere, skybox, and lens flare but those other mods are beyond me for now.

So the question is, would people want an updated Better Atmospheres minus the rings and asteroids once the new EVE comes out, or should I fork off into my own pack of custom textures for EVE and Texture replacer? The third option would be to just make all my textures open for anyone to do with as they please but I'm kind of attached to them... You input would be welcome and appreciated.

Here's a sneak peak at the initial test for the cities I made using the EVE work in progress. The faded parts of the city shouldn't be as noticeable next time.

http://imgur.com/a/g5R6l

Whatever you choose to do would be great either way :D I just can't wait for overhaul 9-2 to become more stable and for packs to be made for it!

Ooh... does the overhaul support normal/bump maps? Would be awesome to have a little bit of definition to the cities.. that night scene looks incredible as well.

I don't believe Rbray has plans to support bump/normal maps, but one can dream right?

http://imgur.com/a/g5R6l

I would like it more if you could update it once the new EVE version comes out minus the Jool rings, since they really aren't something spectacular IMO, I think Jool looks way better without them! But it's your choice ofc!

I would like it more if you could update it once the new EVE version comes out minus the Jool rings, since they really aren't something spectacular IMO, I think Jool looks way better without them! But it's your choice ofc!

Yeah, if there were another gas giant, I'd throw a ring on it but I've always been partial to a ring-less Jool :) I don't see keeping that for the next update.

Yeah, if there were another gas giant, I'd throw a ring on it but I've always been partial to a ring-less Jool :) I don't see keeping that for the next update.

Awesome! Can't wait for the next update! Do you think there will be a chance for more HQ atmospheres? Kerbin can look really ugly from low-orbit...

Oh, and 1 more question: Will you make a new thread for the V6 update or will you just continue posting on this one?

Edited by comp_five

Awesome! Can't wait for the next update! Do you think there will be a chance for more HQ atmospheres? Kerbin can look really ugly from low-orbit...

Oh, and 1 more question: Will you make a new thread for the V6 update or will you just continue posting on this one?

I'll make a new thread for V6 once EVE gets to the point where I feel like I can really bite into it. I'll certainly do everything I can to beautify Kerbin's Atmosphere within the limits of what EVE can do and keeping performance manageable. KSP still has its memory limits since the 64bit version is too unstable for me to want to mess with. Doesn't mean it won't work but I'll be focusing on the 32bit version for now.

I for one would love to see you continue on with BA Erona, and have whatever features you care to include with V6. If later you learn to/want to reintergrate elements such as Joolian rings and the like that will be your call! I'm sure the community will drink in V6 as much as Kerbals love icecream.

Would just like to thank both the EVE and BA teams, past and present, for two totally fantastic mods that really add great polish to the Kerbol System.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.