[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

After downloading the RealSolarSystem.dll do I need to do something else, like overwrite a file again from the Better Atmospheres archive?

No,just replace the RealSolarSystem.dll in GameData/RealSolarSystem/Plugins :cool:

Edited by sebi.zzr

I'll make a new thread for V6 once EVE gets to the point where I feel like I can really bite into it. I'll certainly do everything I can to beautify Kerbin's Atmosphere within the limits of what EVE can do and keeping performance manageable. KSP still has its memory limits since the 64bit version is too unstable for me to want to mess with. Doesn't mean it won't work but I'll be focusing on the 32bit version for now.

I know we are in the minority, but the Linux x64 version is rock solid. :) Not sayin', just sayin'. Anyway, if you want to have a "this will surely blow up your feeble x32 installation" option where you can sow your wild artistic oats... :) Oh, and Merry Christmas!

So, I've got this up and running .. but .. there's an odd glitch where Kerbin has large red splatches, and the surface is mostly white.

Barely using 2.8gb out of 24gb

Through a few hours of trial and error, I've narrowed down the problem to gamedata/texturereplacer/default/KerbinScaledSpace300.png

Installing the png causes the problem.

Any thoughts?

Am I the only one having this issue?

ObI2fGj.png

Edited by tjsnh

It's not old, outdated or abandoned, Erona is still working on it and is waiting for the new version of EVE.

actualy it is quite old. unless you are talking about V5, then you didn't get my point. *0.25* means outdated. and abondoned becouse original devs are no longer here. You didn't get the points i tried to make.

relax, i am not trying to insult anything here no need to go defensive.

Edited by TheReaper

Old, outdated and an abandoned mod, still works like a charm and still is the best visual update mod for ksp.

Thank you guys.

Wait, are you implying that this mod still works in 0.90? I was lead to believe the elevation from alpha-ish to beta would really distort its function...

Wait, are you implying that this mod still works in 0.90? I was lead to believe the elevation from alpha-ish to beta would really distort its function...

Well technically this is a collection of configs and textures for several mods, all of which have been updated or work in 0.90.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Those are from this weekend, in my 0.90 save. :D

BA should work just fine as long as the configs don't change, which they will in the next version of E.V.E, and with what I've seen Erona do, I doubt that will be a problem :)

actualy it is quite old. unless you are talking about V5, then you didn't get my point. *0.25* means outdated. and abondoned becouse original devs are no longer here. You didn't get the points i tried to make.

relax, i am not trying to insult anything here no need to go defensive.

Erm, not getting defensive, I'm just correcting you. Erona is still working on the project, who is an original dev. Only TSG left, and though he was the lead modder I'm sure Erona will do grand once the new EVE is out. And fyi, mod works fine with 0.90.0 if you install it correctly with updated dlls.

So it is neither outdated nor abandoned as you stated, just in between versions.

it works marvelously, just as the same as it was before, just be sure it is installed correctly. 0.90 didnt do much to graphic cfg s if they made any changes to that at all. so its normal that the mod still goes nicely.

Still the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, not getting defensive, I'm just correcting you. Erona is still working on the project, who is an original dev. Only TSG left, and though he was the lead modder I'm sure Erona will do grand once the new EVE is out. And fyi, mod works fine with 0.90.0 if you install it correctly with updated dlls.

So it is neither outdated nor abandoned as you stated, just in between versions.

Ah.. you didnt do anything. i never said mod doesnt work with .90, outdated doesnt mean its %100 failure and doesnt work. but i did clearly state that it works perfectly, i dont understand why you felt you needed to give me a lecture on how to make this mod work with new dlls and all. Appereantly you just went light years away from my original points.

I'm trying to use this mod, but it keeps crashing while trying to allocate memory. This was happening before, and I fixed it, but it resumed it 0.9 :(

Be sure you are using ATM. if so, upgrade to agressive version , switch to x64 or sacrifice some files in your mods to open memory for it

- - - Updated - - -

Does it not change the locations of the planets?(does it mean I can play it with my stock-kerbal save?)

Also, how does it affect KSP Ram usage? cause I'm nearing in the CTD range with my current setup

this mod has nothing to do with locations of the planets, it only changes appereance. So yes, you can play with stock save.

as for ram, with upgrades getting piled up like in .90, even stock ksp is close to x32 s RAM limitations. be sure to install ATM.

Be sure you are using ATM. if so, upgrade to agressive version , switch to x64 or sacrifice some files in your mods to open memory for it

- - - Updated - - -

this mod has nothing to do with locations of the planets, it only changes appereance. So yes, you can play with stock save.

as for ram, with upgrades getting piled up like in .90, even stock ksp is close to x32 s RAM limitations. be sure to install ATM.

I downloaded ATM; it freezes when it gets to Jool's aurora texture :(

EDIT: Nevermind; it was just taking a lot longer to load that specific texture than all the others :sticktongue:. Although it did freeze for a while

Edited by Brownhair2

I downloaded ATM; it freezes when it gets to Jool's aurora texture :(

Howdy, what exact mods are you using? I had some ATM issues when I first tried it. However, after looking more into the problem I found out it was poor installation of my mods that created ATM issues. I found that if a mod is dependent upon another mod to work, that is when there is potential for hangups. Double check all your installs, if you already haven't. If you still have a problem, come back to the thread with a mod list and possibly your error log to get better help than just stating a vague issue.

I downloaded ATM; it freezes w hen it gets to Jool's aurora texture :(

ATM can take a very long time on it's first few loads. And I mean a long time. Mine also stopped on the Jool textures, but you just have to trust it and leave it to load. Then it will crash, and you will need to load it all again. And again. And, possibly, again. The whole process can take up to an hour, so have KSP-TV playing while it loads :)

Once ATM has gone through all the textures, the game will then load at normal pace.

ATM can take a lot of time if you are using too many mods or too big files. Which is why b9 or astronomers mods while are pretty, are worthless in practice.

However, if you have a good computer, you can start the process let the atm take over,alt tab, play your mini games, surf arround the internet for 30 minutes. When you try to check the ksp window, it will "look" as if it is frozen in the last file just before you minimized the game, but in reality the loading continues. i played 30 minutes and then came back, and closed KSP (sometimse you have to force it shut down with ctrl alt delete) restarted ksp, waited in loading window for 30 seconds, and started the game and voila!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.