[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong then, but when I install this I have no clouds in game. Nor do I see any of the other effects listed. I can't figure out why. I install all the base mods then this over them finally updating my RSS.dll. I have no clouds on Kerbin. AVP works fine for me but this hasn't yet. Wish I coul figure out what the problem is. I have converted all the textures to dds but I did the same for AVP with no problems.

so I've been waiting for this new thread to be linked in the OP, seems its not happening for quite some time now.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of when development will be passed on and started again?

Better Atmospheres is on hiatus until there is a new release of EVE. When and if EVE gets an update, I'll be revisiting this pack. Sorry I can't offer an estimate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, as rbray has disappeared completely, and has shown no sign of coming back.

If you install EVE from ckan, it usually works fine, only a couple minor bugs, other than that, it will work:cool:

Sonic, I've made some BetterAtmospheres configs for various planet mods. Would it be possible for you to incorporate them into the next release?

They are waiting for next version of EVE to be released and the old configs won't work for that so I don't think he will add them in the next release. :P

They are waiting for next version of EVE to be released and the old configs won't work for that so I don't think he will add them in the next release. :P

This is indeed correct. The next version will be made in the new EVE version.

However, do not give me these requests. Give them to Erona. He's the one working on the pack now. I'm just here.

I did everything the manual said, tested all the mods together before installing BA...

When I dragged everything into the Gamedata folder, I replaced all of the folders, not sure if that was the right thing to do, but the game didn't load any of the enhancements, did CTRL Z a few times to revert what I did... now trying to pick the files out of the zip folder and replace one by one. Not sure if I'm doing anything right, I've never gotten any of these visual enhancement packs to work before, they're so complicated to install.

Hi!

Thanks so much for this wonderful mod. it makes KSP so dorn beautiful.

Only thing I personally liked more in V4 was Jool. I was looking for V4 but couldn't find it. I would be very grateful if you send in to me or if you could provide me DL link I missed.

Many thanks again

Greetings,

I have most of the additions installed...(Erona who is making E.V.E. is now doing this Astronomer Pack??)...I have not installed the extras...I installed the hi-rez auroras and all the cloud packs...

Havnt installed the lightning yet...

All MODS are updated to the latest and re-added support for Outer Planets...I will add a snow storm or 2 on them but I need to see memory useage......

Uninstalled I am running about 2.5Gigs without ATM (and I dont use OGL or forced DX11...I may try forced DX11 but if my rockets go pink on me again...ya I dont think so...!)

This MOD may force out some other MODS but I am in the process of tweaking parts useage I should be able to clear out a few MEGS for this.

I am Live Streaming in a few later this morning I hope this works...it has taken me over an hour to update everything...then of course I had to add a few more suggested MODS !

I am hoping for a memory footprint for all my MODS at 3 Gigs without ATM (Active Texture Management); the only problem is Texture Replacer...that thing needs serious tweaking...

I am also trying to get skyboxes to work at the same time....

I am not using Planet Factory anymore...Kopernicus is now being used at a memory savings of at least 50% and even more if I tweak out a few moons...I dont use Custom Asteroids or any procedural object generation which can have a severe impact on memory...KSP memory growth is bad enough as it is !!

I also dont have NASAMissions back in yet...I will post back in here later...

Wish me luck !!! I am live streaming the first run with all these goodies installed...Distant Boject was kool enough for me...I will probly loose the city lights too and there may be a few game restarts....

Cmdr Zeta

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I use BA with K2 a resized solar system. Double radius of all bodies is the important bit. I was wondering if anyone here could help me identify why my sun looks the way it does, and even better remedy it I also play with many kopernicus tech planets if thats is at all relevant linux 64 bit. Thanks in advance

Hi I use BA with K2 a resized solar system. Double radius of all bodies is the important bit. I was wondering if anyone here could help me identify why my sun looks the way it does, and even better remedy it I also play with many kopernicus tech planets if thats is at all relevant linux 64 bit. Thanks in advance

http://imgur.com/a/bGxg0

Well, all you have to do is fix the radius of the sun's flare. Just hit alt-n and adjust the radius's of the layers using the file "atmo.png". EDIT: Woops, forgot to include actually fixing the rest of the sun. Simply do the same thing for a layer using the file "sun.png"(or .jpeg, I can't remember.).

Keep in mind any errors that happen during your playtime using RSS is not our responsibility to fix. That is yours, and yours alone. You can report the problem, but we'll just tell you how to fix it.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Well, all you have to do is fix the radius of the sun's flare. Just hit alt-n and adjust the radius's of the layers using the file "atmo.png". EDIT: Woops, forgot to include actually fixing the rest of the sun. Simply do the same thing for a layer using the file "sun.png"(or .jpeg, I can't remember.).

Keep in mind any errors that happen during your playtime using RSS is not our responsibility to fix. That is yours, and yours alone. You can report the problem, but we'll just tell you how to fix it.

Thanks for the tips so far. Would you have any more specific info I should change. Like proportionally how much I should change the height. If not I'll just try my luck. Again appreciate the help.

• 2 weeks later...
is this mod still viable with most of the plug ins beingout dated and ended?

Yes, it works just fine and looks amazing.

Since Squad removed the x64 exe from Steam in a recent update, some of you might experience a crash just before the main menu screen (like me) when playing the x32 version. Here is the solution: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84203-Less-memory-usage-by-using-OpenGL

Running the game in openGL + the tweaks form nVidia Control Panel reduces the memory load and you can keep all the mods you want (or at least msot of them) without crashing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it still working in 1.0?!

Sorry for my laziness, but im at work :/

Yes, everything seems to be working fine, despite the warning that RSS might not work with 1.0. So far I haven't encountered any problems. Just waiting for an update regarding RSS to make the warning go away.

Yes, everything seems to be working fine, despite the warning that RSS might not work with 1.0. So far I haven't encountered any problems. Just waiting for an update regarding RSS to make the warning go away.

Thanks for the info :D

Had that same warning for 0.90, but all systems seemed pretty nominal :D

Edit: Game crash before menu, but maybe i did something wrong!?

Edited by StainX

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.