[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

I don't get a crash on startup (with or without ATM), but I do get a crash after a very short period of playtime, usually when lowering my altitude or switching between flying or building. Earlier problems like these were fixed by using aggressive ATM, but now it doesn't help. So maybe there's some incompatibilities with either this or EVE? (Am using a much smaller amount of mods than back in 0.90)

To everyone wondering, this is basically only configuration to use with the diverse graphical mods out there, Texture Replacer is up-to-date with a few issues and EVE is currently being developed for the new version, however there are a few issues to work on.

I did like a this mod but from what I last saw all of the files were in need of a cleaning up. As reported by the OP, this is no longer been worked on, does anyone know if someone else did take over for a more polished version?

Alternatively you can just use Astronomers pack, also configuration for several stuff.

To everyone wondering, this is basically only configuration to use with the diverse graphical mods out there, Texture Replacer is up-to-date with a few issues and EVE is currently being developed for the new version, however there are a few issues to work on.

I did like a this mod but from what I last saw all of the files were in need of a cleaning up. As reported by the OP, this is no longer been worked on, does anyone know if someone else did take over for a more polished version?

Alternatively you can just use Astronomers pack, also configuration for several stuff.

i also would like a more polished version, this mod does work fine, but needs a polishing with cleaner installs.

i did tried astronomers several times with updates, seems like a glorified ram memory occipation mod. Yes the screen shots and the marketting is good but in overall in game exprience and total coverage, this mod bests astrnomers any time. any day.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if someone already asked this, but is there a way to just have the atmosphere effects without the other stuff? I tried just installing the BoulderCo file but then my game would just crash. Please help me, I really love this mod but don't wanna burden my game with the Joolian ring asteroids and such.

i also would like a more polished version, this mod does work fine, but needs a polishing with cleaner installs.

i did tried astronomers several times with updates, seems like a glorified ram memory occipation mod. Yes the screen shots and the marketting is good but in overall in game exprience and total coverage, this mod bests astrnomers any time. any day.

Agreed, maybe when EVE release and I get some time from other mods settled, I will give a look to import the cool features.

Sorry if someone already asked this, but is there a way to just have the atmosphere effects without the other stuff? I tried just installing the BoulderCo file but then my game would just crash. Please help me, I really love this mod but don't wanna burden my game with the Joolian ring asteroids and such.

Yeah, from what I last saw, you can pretty much remove anything you don't want, as long as it follows the instructions, but the mod it depends on isn't currently up to date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
this mod is ded

This mod itself isn't really dead, rather the mod it needs hasn't received a much needed update. E.V.E has beta versions as far as I know, but they're likely very unstable and unusable based on previous versions, and generally aren't reliable for a new version. It's been over a year since the last official update to E.V.E. If there was an viable alternative to E.V.E, BA would have transferred over to it by now.

I think since the op edited the front page only five days ago, perhaps give some benefit of the doubt.

Cheers,

~Claw

While I disagree with tkw's sentiment, the OP was edited January 21st, not July 21st. Unless you know something I don't.

• 4 weeks later...
PLEASE!!! Will This mod be updated PLEASE! Erona If you read this tell us if you will update the mod or not to 1.0

Unfortunately since there haven't been any official updates to EVE, there's not much I can do. Thesonicgalaxy did all the configs and technical work and it was his original vision. I was just doing art assets. When there is a new version of EVE, I'll take a look and see if it's something I'd like to tackle again but for now I would consider this mod on permanent hold. I'd be happy to release assets to anyone who wants to use them for their own packs etc.

I've looked at the work in progress EVE and what people are doing but there's a lot going on that I'm unfamiliar with. I also don't anticipate having a ton of time to put into a project like this in the near future.

Scatterer does a lot of what we originally wanted this pack to accomplish and it's coming along very nicely. Also you never know what we might see as Squad moves over to Unity5.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pack though!

Luckily EVE still works after all this bloody time......no clue why a 0.25 mod or something still works?

Anyways, i have to say this mod to EVE is just amazing, makes everything look just stellar (and as much as i hate bashing EVE as it really was great when it came out, this makes stock EVE look like utter crap). Aside from a minor bug on the planet Eve and glowing minmus clouds sofar ive yet to come across any issues (minmus ive fixed, still wo0rking on fixing the random black ellipse thing when you enter Eve's atmosphere).

Anyways, here is my last good SSTL that works, messing with it and a friend in DMP flying in a squadron:

YL0naaa.png

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.