[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Yeah but EVE still works in 1.0.4. What's the problem then?

The problem is, we've exhausted all we can do in EVE 7. We already are breaching the limit, and adding more would not only take a painstaking long time with what we're given, but it would likely lag up games more than it already is. EVE 8 was intended to update the entire thing to accommodate for what we're doing, creating atmospheres, shadows, and plenty more. EVE 7 just isn't built for what we're doing, but EVE 8 was going to be.

KSP freezes while trying to load the title screen when I open it. I'm using a Mac with KSP 1.0.4. I put everything into the GameData folder after the zip files were opened. My GameData folder looks like this:

BoulderCo

CustomAsteroids

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

Kerbaltek

NASAmission

PlanetaryEditingToolsUI

Squad

TextureReplacer-2.4.10

Have I installed something wrong?

• 1 month later...
[quote name='BigNose']EVE has been updated to 1.0.5!! [URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-1-05-1-05-1-Nov-10-2015-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements[/URL][/QUOTE]

yep, and scatterer too. I hope this gets updated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2015, 8:30:47, olekopyto said:

Hi, i cant wait for the 1.0.5 release, this mod is soooooooooo much better than Astronomers pack in terms of visuals and memory consumpcion!

While Erona and I appreciate your enthusiasm and compliments(I really do, it means the world to me), please keep your hopes low as far as releases go. I don't know what Erona's up to but try not to put too much pressure on him for new releases. I can't say much as far as progress since I no longer work on the pack, but I still lurk and pop on every now and then to check for any posts here.

So like I was saying, keep your hopes low for new releases in any time frame. I don't want you guys getting too excited for something that might not happen. We're really glad to hear that people still use this pack and enjoy it. We put a lot of time into this so thank you!!

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2016 at 9:32 PM, jbakes said:

Where does this file go?

If the file you speak of is an "assets" file, then it's supposed to be placed in the KSP_Data folder (not to be confused with the GameData folder). Granted that you are using KSP 1.0.5, you may not want to place that file in the KSP_Data folder though, as these replacement assets files make KSP crash (it does when using RVE anyway).

so i can just download the New Kerbin Clouds standalone, not do the other ones, and it will compliment the EVE mod i have?

EDIT: Ah so i take it now this plugin is experiencing 1.05 issues? not surprised as the game is terribly optimized as it is and even if this mods was updated it would make sense to wait till 1.1

I will say this mod is very tempting (coming from someone who originally wanted a pure stock experience) and looks really cool from whats described; better clouds from EVE is what im looking for. If it was updated for 1.1 id probably go for it, but id probably only download the ones that require EVE and I probably wouldnt bother with some of the other other ones that require the Asteroid mod and whatnot

Edited by fireblade274

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2015 at 3:17 PM, erona said:

Unfortunately since there haven't been any official updates to EVE, there's not much I can do. Thesonicgalaxy did all the configs and technical work and it was his original vision. I was just doing art assets. When there is a new version of EVE, I'll take a look and see if it's something I'd like to tackle again but for now I would consider this mod on permanent hold. I'd be happy to release assets to anyone who wants to use them for their own packs etc.

I've looked at the work in progress EVE and what people are doing but there's a lot going on that I'm unfamiliar with. I also don't anticipate having a ton of time to put into a project like this in the near future.

Scatterer does a lot of what we originally wanted this pack to accomplish and it's coming along very nicely. Also you never know what we might see as Squad moves over to Unity5.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pack though!

Well since EVE has now updated to 1.1 maybe soon (Like a few months, mod development can take a while) a new version compatible with 1.1 and beyond could end up working. Earlier back in 1.0 I tinkered around with the planetary haze from the original .25 version of BA and found it did work but I am not really sure if it is compatible with Unity 5. Anyway later I could try and tinker with those files and see if they work.

Maybe things are looking up for this mod after a long while!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Does anybody willing to upgrade this gem of all atmo mods for new KSP 1.1.x and EVE ?

Because I cannot play KSP without Better Atmospheres, because it is not better, but best, so I'm staying with good old 1.0.5 for now.

May be someone already figured out how to upgrade it? If not, may be eventually I'll make it (in next 5 years, considering my free time available to me :) )

Because any other atmo configs just... not so impressive. Yeap I'm a big fan, huge thanks for this wonderful mod...

No way you'll get that on any other EVE config:

Spoiler

ULMtWad.png

Better Atmo V5 on 1.0.5 wo Scatterer

Edited by evileye.x

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I Updated the sunflare for this again. this time for ksp 1.1.3, There are two files, one is for ksp 32 bit, one is for 64 bit  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63686707/Sunflares 1.1.3.zip Even with the stuff Scatterer is doing these days. I still can't live without this sunflare in my game. i won't let it die if i can help it.  

A Reminder, these go in your KSP_x64_Data (64 bit) & KSP_Data (32 Bit) folders. and not the gamedata folder. Back your old sharedassets9.assets file up in each folder. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been a while, And I'm back from Vacation, Anyway, https://www.dropbox.com/s/cht90374zxl52lw/BA Sunflare 1.2.1.zip?dl=0 Have an updated sunflare for  KSP 1.2.1 (remember folks, for 32 bit kerbal this goes in your "KSP_Data" folder, For 64 bit kerbal it goes in "KSP_x64_Data")  Apologies for the increased filesize, but squad seems to have added a lot to it this time around.  P.S. If ya'll are wondering how i've been adding this to the game files, search up a tool called "Unity Assets Extractor"  it's what i've been using, it's a bit tricky to use, but it works,

Rather than bumping this post, Have an updated link for KSP 1.2.2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/z22sjn16j8vgsdz/x64 only BA Sunflare 1.2.2.zip?dl=0  Better late than never right?  KSP 64 bit only this time around, i have no idea what'll happen if you try this on 32 bit. but i'm guessing bad things.

Edited by Teflon_Mike
mod update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.