[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

RSS and EVE are not a good couple at all. It's really just annoying to work with. until rbray makes a proper RSS optimization patch, it's going to have to wait for another date.

As for now, I'm working on a orangish redish sunset for kerbin. It's going pretty well actually.

Really? Suprised you could get the colours to change at sunset, just out of interest do they light the clouds in oranges and reds? :D

Also been working with the RSS stuff, really all that's REALLY needed is more vortices on the 2D cloud meshes, it'd fix most things that currently look weird on RSS.

From orbit RSS really isn't that bad given some minor tweaks

Javascript is disabled. View full album

really? Suprised you could get the colours to change at sunset, just out of interest do they light the clouds in oranges and reds? :D

also been working with the rss stuff, really all that's really needed is more vortices on the 2d cloud meshes, it'd fix most things that currently look weird on rss.

From orbit rss really isn't that bad given some minor tweaks

http://imgur.com/a/urd0h

Looking good :D

Really? Suprised you could get the colours to change at sunset, just out of interest do they light the clouds in oranges and reds? :D

Also been working with the RSS stuff, really all that's REALLY needed is more vortices on the 2D cloud meshes, it'd fix most things that currently look weird on RSS.

From orbit RSS really isn't that bad given some minor tweaks

http://imgur.com/a/Urd0h

That's amazing Pete! You can upload your textures to mediafire. You could also upload them to imgur and give me a link.

That's amazing Pete! You can upload your textures to mediafire. You could also upload them to imgur and give me a link.

Ok, first go with mediafire. Also put the RSS config, at least what i've done so far too it (only really scaled space stuff, needs some more tweaking first!) + a cumulus layer, though your mid level clouds seemed fine already tbh :)

https://www./folder/jttcidj0cq791/Visual_Enhancements_%2B_BA

The biggest thing I don't like about this is Minmus- all the rest of the atmospheres are fairly reasonable and look fantastic, and then Minmus has that absurd dense fog that totally breaks immersion for me. It's not even the density of it that's the biggest issue- it's that the color of the glow/fog is so intense yet Minmus itself is pretty desaturated.

Just my two cents.

I am quite fond with Proot's KSPRC but I really like Laythe, Vall, and Eeloo. I always thought that Vall and Eeloo should have a thin atmosphere and I am just in love with that Laythe. I really like that Laythe is now Titan-like and less peaceful because how close it is to Jool. Great job! :)

I think there'd be less condescending ways of putting that, but I too feel this is the one planet that seems a bit 'wacky' :P Then again all the other are amazing and I'm not doing any missions at it, so it doesn't bother me at all

Day 13.

Still staring at the ALT+N menu. The layers keep moving as if they have their own minds. I think they took my mind, because I've lost mine. There's an ant on my monitor. I shall call him Steve. Steve is my only friend is this locked up hell I call home. There's no way to escape this facility of eternal suffering. I haven't showered in weeks. What's the point in a shower if i haven't got enough power to move a line in an image. The sun shines bright today. I think it's trying to tell me something. Something.

Something.

Okay seriously though the sunrise has gotten pretty good. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Say Hi to Steve for us ! :)

I played for a bit last evening, and holy mollys EVE+BA make Kerbin and everything really beautiful now. Even with your lack of sleep you've hit a graphical sweet spot !

Edited by vanlock

Sonic ITS ALL LIES, THE ANTS AREN'T REAL! btw did you get the files alright? + Can you get Nathankell to compile the rss config, I know not what I do..

BTW sonic the rim scale stuff does save, you just have to edit it into the config file, this is how I'm working with my RSS config, just writing it straight into the cfg default and then resetting to default on start up. It's the only reliable way to get it working in RSS.

"Ahhh RSS, my old friend, we meet again!"

cflvabv.jpg

Also I'll need some RSS users to test my config before if sonic wants to put it up on OP, it's not done yet but I can get it sorted within a few days

Edited by pingopete

I'm having an issue with the new daytime cities. They aren't where they're supposed to be. I can't tell if they're too far west or east, (your beautiful clouds are covering up much of the land) but most of it seems to be over the oceans and positioned around obvious features that aren't there.

im using active texture management and im still having issues keep hitting the RAM limit, i totally want to use this for my youtube series but if i crash while im recording that's not good,

on another note did you change the way the sun behaves? i had modified it earlier to be smaller from kerbin and not so giant and full of glare.

yeah... realized i had your pack installed on the wrong KSP install.... lololol. great mod galaxy! looks beautiful. on question thought, im not a big fan of mun's new look. is there anyway i can disable it and leave the rest? thank you

yeah... realized i had your pack installed on the wrong KSP install.... lololol. great mod galaxy! looks beautiful. on question thought, im not a big fan of mun's new look. is there anyway i can disable it and leave the rest? thank you

Go to the mun via map view/Tracking Station and hit ALT+N and click remove.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having an issue with the new daytime cities. They aren't where they're supposed to be. I can't tell if they're too far west or east, (your beautiful clouds are covering up much of the land) but most of it seems to be over the oceans and positioned around obvious features that aren't there.

Just restart and hope it works. One of the many bugs of EVE.

In your RSS config file you're providing configuration for both the Kerbin and Laythe, however you seem to have an extra curly bracket. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not (marked in red).

REALSOLARSYSTEM
{
Kerbin
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
//apply your settings here, like
waveLength = 0.85, 0.72, 0.55, 0.5
}
}
[COLOR=#ff0000]}[/COLOR]
Laythe
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
waveLength = 0.1, 0.9, 0.8, 0.5
}
}
}

In your RSS config file you're providing configuration for both the Kerbin and Laythe, however you seem to have an extra curly bracket. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not (marked in red).

REALSOLARSYSTEM
{
Kerbin
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
waveLength = 0.85, 0.72, 0.55, 0.5
}
}
[COLOR=#ff0000]}[/COLOR]
Laythe
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
waveLength = 0.1, 0.9, 0.8, 0.5
}
}
}

That was a mistake by me, it's going to get fixed in V5 or whatever comes out next.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.