[0.24] ProbiTronics V0.22 - 20.7.2014

tdubic

ProbiTronics is my first add on for Kerbal Space Program PC game. Mod is more focused on specialized probes, and parts that help you with reusability of rocket stages. I have great ideas and if everything goes well I will continue to improve and add new parts to this add on. It is currently in alpha version so if you find some bugs please contact me.

New 0.22 version is ready for First Contract

0.21 version is more about science. Ball and G-probe now have custom science experiments, also on all parts configurations are changed.

ProbiTronics mod include:

• NEW – SP-1 – reusable sample probe for bringing samples back to Kerbin.
  • NEW – LA-2m -Big Leg Adapter give you ability to use stock legs with longer engines.
  • LA-1m – Leg Adapter give you ability to use stock legs with longer engines.
  • SM Mk I (service module for Command Pod Mk1)
  • SM Mk I (service module for Command Pod Mk1)
  • RU-3m MK I – probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one. Add two Mk16 parachutes in middle attachment points.
  • RB-721 (more than just rover body)
  • RU-1m (probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one)
  • RU-2m (probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one)
  • Ball Probe
  • G-Probe
  • ProbiTronics ATV mk I
  • Ball Shield
  • Ball Parachute (just scaled down stock item Mk16-XL Parachute made by HarvesteR )

1m=1.25m, 2m= 2,5m, 3m =3,75m

Check for more information, images and download:

More info + DOWNLOAD v0.22 my website

DOWNLOAD on CURSE v0.22(Under Review)

Probitronics on Twitter and Youtube

Change Log

Version 0.22 Changes
1. Price and other changes for 0.24 compatibility.
2. Some smaller bug fixes.

Version 0.21 Changes
1. Ball probe now have custom science experiment. Advanced Atmospheric Research. Also have barometer.
2. G-Probe now have custom science experiment. Magnetic field measurements. Also have gravity sensor.
3. On all parts configurations are changed on some more on some less.

Version 0.20 Changes
1. New - SP-1 - sample probe. For Better ways to bring back samples.
2. New - LA-2m - Leg adapter 2m. Your engine is to high and your legs don't touch the ground, not anymore..
3. LA-1m - Mesh collider fix.
4. SM I and SM II texture changes and fix. New textures are .tga you can delete .png textures for SM I and SM II parts.

Version 0.19 Changes
1. RU-3m MK I - probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one. Add two Mk16 parachutes in middle attachment points.
2. LA-1m - Leg Adapter give you ability to use stock legs on longer engines.
3. TAC Life Support - Added tac life support for parts
4. SM MK I ans SM MK II texture change
5. RU-2m - height fix so parachute can fit inside

Version 0.18 Changes

1. SM MK I - Service module for Command Pod Mk1 (1m part).
2. SM MK II - Service module for Command Pod Mk2-3 (2m-part).
3. RB-721 - Rover body with probe inside, some battery's and small Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator.

Version 0.17 Changes
Two new Parts added, for better reusability of stock parts.Attach this on top of your first or second stage
1. RU-1m - probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one. Add Mk16 parachute in middle attachment point
2. RU-2m - probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one. Add Mk16-XL parachute in middle attachment point

Version 0.16 Changes
1. ATV - attachment bug fixes and changing parameters in cfg file
2. Ball probe - cfg file changes
3. G-probe - cfg file changes - added more electric charge and xenon gas

SP-1 - reusable sample probe for bringing samples back to Kerbin.

LA-1m and LA -2m - Leg Adapter give you ability to use stock legs on longer engines.

RB-721 - more than just rover body

SM Mk I and SM Mk II are Service Modules for Command Pod Mk I and Command pod MK 2-3

RU-1m and RU-2m are probe, decoupler and parachute compartment in one. With this parts you can make your 1m and 2m stock rocket reusable.

Ball Probe is small probe for taking data from planets atmosphere.Include barometer sensor an also have custom science experiment (advanced atmospheric research). On top put ball probe parachute and on bottom heat shield.

G-probe is probe for measuring gravitational and magnetic fields. Include custom magnetic field scanner and com antenna (Jeb insisted). Include SAS and XenonGas Tank.

ATV (Automatic Transport Vehicle) is used for transport food, oxygen, fuel and other stuff in to the space. Don’t forget to attach some engine, thrusters, and solar panels.

ProbiTronics mod is all about specialized probes and reusability.

g-probe-4.jpg

ball-probe-1.jpg

atv-probe-2.jpg

License

Edited by tdubic
New version release

nice textures for they are simple but effective although could you add some more complex patterns to them?

over all nice start for a new mod and best of luck to your future endeavors th?id=HN.608025635312109621&pid=15.1

Edit: also where is the download link on tdubic because i see that it says that it requires me to share to download but i don't see a share button...

could you post a dropbox link instead, please?

Edited by Helix935

Thanks. I will make update today. Can you tell me what engine you try to attach to ATV.

Today update with bug fixes is coming, this week is plan to put more parts.

Note this early alpha version so if you find some bugs, just tell me. Thanks!

More specialized probes, more parts that helps with rocket reusability. Some rover body's, etc... I don't have to much free time as I work more than one job, so nothing is for sure, I can only tell that there are some basic plans for 0.18 and 0.19.

I like your mod, the ball probe and the g probe are perfect and very usefull.

I suggest you to break the ATV in 3 parts: a central part (3,75m) with the CPU , an upper part a 3,75 to 1,25 adapter maybe with a light and a lower part 3,75 to 2,5 as engine mount and cargo bay, this will make the ATV parts more flexible and usable in different projects.

RU 1m and RU2m are very interesting but I think that they needs a better model they looks too flat now , maybe something like the 2,5 stock decupler.

It was available on space port, now i manage to put on CURSE.

On my website will be always available for download is "share to download" is allowed if not I will remove link. I don't have unlimited hosting plan so if someone download i think he can support this website by making one click more.

Sorry for not putting space port link on first post before.

Kirondoll, thanks for comments!

I will think about ATV, but for sure RU1m and RU2m will be improved i future, also for next update i will try to include TAC life support

New version v0.19 is released.

Added few new parts some, bug fix and texture changes.

Also added TAC Life support for parts, so please check if there is some bugs, I tested and it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

New version v0.20 is released.

Trying to upload to curse but after 6 attempts I give up, every time say time out error.

I just start to like Curse forge and then this happens, it is just me or anybody have same problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MAVEN is model I sell on Turbosquid and 3D Ocean and it is made for visualizations and animation. For games it must be optimized, because model have more than 16000 polygons. I think this is to much for KSP.

Maybe in some later version I add MAVEN and Voyager, but for now this is not in plan for now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.