Small MechJeb touchscreen case

blizzy78

Hi, so I've made my first KSP part. I've always wanted a smaller MechJeb case that is more suited for tiny probes than the default AR202 case, which is why I made this:

tomtom_demo.png

The part should behave just like the AR202 part, just with a different model. Please note that the screen is static and does not change. It's quite tiny after all.

Download tomtom.zip

(Source files included: Blender project file and texture image.)

I'm hereby placing all of this into the public domain. Do with it whatever you like. Just send me a note so that I can have a look :)

Edited by blizzy78

A great addition. Would that be possible to make a surface-mounted MJ "stud"? I'd like to use it on historical crafts (mostly for engineering output), but AR202 is too big and looks bad on an Apollo. This is better, but an even lower profile part could also be of use.

A great addition. Would that be possible to make a surface-mounted MJ "stud"? I'd like to use it on historical crafts (mostly for engineering output), but AR202 is too big and looks bad on an Apollo. This is better, but an even lower profile part could also be of use.

Have you seen the little MJ part on the mini shuttle mod ?http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-23-5-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v2-08-aka-Kerbin-Mini-Shuttle

vCpG8Ob.jpg

With Module Manager installed can create a .cfg file with the following to add MJ functionality to all pods without having to use a part at all. NB: MJ works even better if you get rid of the side-tab by installing another mod - toolbar, by some guy called blizzy. Anyone heard of him?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
MODULE
}

[Your work is always great blizzy, thanks for all of it :-) ]

Yeah, but doesn't it require KSO (it looks like it shares textures with other parts)? I don't exactly have that much memory to spare, and KSO is very non-modular.

Yeah, but doesn't it require KSO (it looks like it shares textures with other parts)? I don't exactly have that much memory to spare, and KSO is very non-modular.

I think you can download just that part, no need for the whole KSO mod. The link is at the end of Post #2 in that url above

• 4 weeks later...

This part looks great - I'm not sure exactly what to do in the config to make it into a KER part instead. It would look so much nicer than that big ugly tape deck or circuit board!

I think I found the lines I need to enter... I'll go give it a try!

Edited by HeadHunter67

• 1 month later...
Bad thing is that the tomtom part just doesn't act like a mechjeb one cause if there aren't any kerbals in a command pod, the tomtom doesn't help me reorient the ship as the mechjeb part would

That is because the AR 202 part actually has probe core functionality, which allows it to control a spacecraft that is unmanned but without a probe body.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

First of all thanks bizzy for making this. It will replace bill 9000 perfectly in my install.

your work in this community is outstanding.

Secondly, for those who use remotetech, there will be a discrepancy as RT needs to know that the tomtom is there, otherwise it thinks that the tomtom is a manned pod and will stay under "local control". Ive seen this before in the kso mechjeb as well.

good news is that i supplied the fix for the kso mechjeb on the rt thread. And ill do the same with this one.

so heres the fix.

1, in your ksp install, open gamedata/remotetech2

2, inside you will find a file called RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg open it and add this code;

//Support for Bizzys TomTom MechJeb by freak

@PART[tomtom]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

// Append tag to the existing part name

@title ^= :$: (ModuleSPU):

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

3, save it and start ksp. Enjoy.

ill be posting this in the RT thread too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.