Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

Couple days ago, I launched a craft without checking staging. It was slightly edited version of a craft that already had a staging error, and the edit made it even worse. Losses: 5 Kerbals, the launch pad and the craft I spent the rest of the money on (before that I invested almost everything in crafts flying to Eve).

Had to launch couple satellites from SPH (still haven't upgraded it) to get money for the repairs.

Somehow, the interesting missions and the profitable missions poorly intersect. Is playing on hard and still messing around with prototypes a virtue or a sin?

I launched a Jool probe back at the start of January. I've been doing so much in Kerbin's SOI that despite playing KSP every single day, it still hasn't arrived...

In fact I've never gotten anything to Jool, or Eeloo, ever... I think I'm addicted to the low tech early-game missions.

• 1 month later...

Before, on my old game that died with my last computer, I used a macro program to autorun my Kerbals around the planet, and the Mun. This was done to get easy science points by calculating the distance and time, setting the macro to run my Kerbal forwards for as long as it took, then do a soil sample and report before recovery for easy science points. Meanwhile I could just sit back and do as I pleased. Haven't bothered loading a macro program on this computer. Although I may just for those crash landings where you end up in a bad spot and have to travel by foot a long distance to reach a rescue ship. Watching a Kerbal run after a few hundred meters quickly loses it's appeal.

I spend more time working on mods for KSP or watching KSP videos than I do actually playing the game. I forced myself to start streaming once a week so I can play for about 3 hours a week, but even that's starting to get tiring :P

Also, I have never visited Jool but generally consider the game to be too easy and so add difficulty enhancing mods.

I succeeded on a Kerbal rescue with no tracking upgrades, deorbited and split the two single Kerbal capsules up for parachute and landing. About five meters off the ground my rescued Kerbal's capsule Krakened and vanished. I promptly edited the save file to recover the Kerbal, put him on a rocket on the launchpad and recovered him to finish the mission. After all that work I was royally ticked to loose my rescue just off the ground... :mad:

When someone asks "how do I do [x]", and the first answer is "go watch a Scott Manley vid", the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - it seems like such a canned and lazy answer.

I was booted from a Facebook KSP group over something completely unrelated to that KSP group (admin and I disagreed on something totally not KSP at all)... and I'm okay with that.

I hate B9 for the huge and dizzying array of parts, but good golly the capsules in that pack are AWESOME.

Although I do youtube stuff with the game for my own personal amusement, I kinda wish I had a larger subscription-base - but that's probably because I only just started to edit my stuff before uploading it.

I've hit KSP-burnout twice. Might be hitting it now, but dang it, 1.0 is right around the corner...! Stay the course!

I killed 100th kerbals in one save ;_;

Cumulatively or at once?

If the latter, is there a video?

I have once created a sandbox save file dedicated to torturing and killing kerbals. Most of them smiled during the activities, so I concluded that torturing and killing kerbals is probably not my area of expertise and deleted the save so no one would know :(

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.