Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I have never made an SSTO

I've never gone past Minmus, or landed on anything but the mun.

I've have yet to build a working spacecraft in 1.0.2

I suck at landing and have managed to land in the general area of the runway...

I have never actually made it to Eve, and have only made it to Duna a couple of times... i keep getting distracted from KSP by that point in the game and go do other things, then come back when a new patch changes everything >.<

I use MJ for pretty much everything. In my defense, I suck at gravity turns, and can't manage to use the keyboard controls to correct my craft quick enough to avoid pointing the nose at the surface. This is also the reason I suck with planes. Back when I had the demo, I literally just did my gravity turn as soon as I hit 70km.

I picked up KSP when it was in 0.12 and I still haven't sent a mission to Eeloo. Not even a diddly probe.

Virtually all my manned rockets have abort sequences designed into them. Sometimes they actually get used and save the crew! After the pod lands safely, I revert to launch regardless.

I had rougly 100hrs on the KSP demo before i finally bought it.

Also in the demo, i once sent Jeb to Kerbol and ran out of fuel just a few dozen m/s away from a collision. Jeb got out and using his entire jetpack and with no navball/sas assistance, he managed to "touchdown" kerbol (actually he burned up before that, but still counts)

Edited by hipnox

I have never landed a Kerbal past Minmus... wait no, I BUILT A HUGE MULTI-LAUNCH DOCKED NERVA-POWERED ATOMIC ROCKET AND WENT TO POL. With KAS struts and pipes tying it all together and six Gigantors and a huge spindly trunk of truss frames to distance myself from the heavily-shielded NERVA with its own little engineer's lander-can commanding it and two micro landers docked to the strut and a Habitat module and a coupola for a command seat and it was ABSOLUTELY GO BIG OR GO HOME. And we landed it on Pol under power, shoveled dirt into the propellant tanks and then took off once more. The KSP has encountered an unexpected error and will now close.

And riding beside the general in his triumphal chariot a slave is kept who whispers in his ear, "All glory is fleeting."

• 2 weeks later...

I always overestimate the fuel requirements and mostly can do the mission 2 times without a new launch on the fuel aspects, this is especially a problem in career mode with the funds.

Yesterday I had a rescue mission of a Kerbal orbiting Minmus so I built a lander that 5 Kerbins could fit in, and messed up and sent 5 Kerbins out to Minmus, after I got within 500m of her dielectric craft I EVA'ed her to bring her over to the rescue ship, and discovered I was full, but I didn't want to ditch the mission so I sent one of my other Kerbals out to her craft and left them while 'completing' the rescue mission.

My first Mun landing used this an old version of the Delta IV. I cheated to get there because I didnt have the Delta V to do it. And I was a noob. So... To prove that I am a better pilot a year later, like 6 weeks ago as a matter of fact I resent the same rocket and landed it legitimately on the Mun. I was like Boom. It was only because I was a noob back then. Dont believe me, here is my rocket that can get to the Mun with no more Delta V than like 25 meters per second once you land guaranteed. :)

Album anyone?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

1) I have played sessions that started before lunch, and only ended because drifting in and out of consciousness makes docking so hard.

2) I Once entrusted the command of my entire space program to a shoe, a bottle cap and a strategically placed match for many hours, because my "rescue" lander was most of the way around the mun.

3) That same lander lacked a probe core, but was bough to the mun by a tug that had one. (Just coz.) I managed to get the lander down, with the equivalent of an orange tank plus engine balanced on top, but...

4) The landing was unstable, and I just kinda left it hoping it would be ok. When Kerbonaut Dugar reached his escape vessel, he was treated to the sight of it collapsing sideways. I think I nearly cried. I did scream. It was out of monoprop. Detaching from the tug and ramping off a hill only got him only halfway home.

5) Thus, my second ever manned landing + return took a total of 3 tugs, and 2 lander craft.

6) I have never seen a Scott Manley video and don't intend to; I think it would just upset me.

7) I have never known the TWR or dV of any of my vessels. Related, it was a long time lurking on these forums before I found out that pointing the explosion down till ap is >70k then sideways till you fly is BAD.

I think seven is enough for now. This is my first post to the forum, so sorry if I have made any egregious faults in formatting or such. Thank you everyone else for sharing your stories and inspiring me to share my own.

Once I landed on the Mun and ran out of fuel in the descent/transfer stage less than 2m from the surface and immediately thought, "Whew, I planned that just right." I abolutely did not.

Edited by 3ntropy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.