Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

90 % of the crafts I have built in sandbox never went further than a few kilometers from the KSC.

I use F5/F9 and revert flight a lot.

I almost never leave Kerbin's SOI in career. When I do, it's with probes

I use timewarp to stabilize my vessels.

I'm very tempted to end the filght of all my orbital debris.

Edited by Coeus

I never flew to any other planet without cheats...

I fail every time I try to dock.

I haven't event went to Minimus. (I'm curently working on it)

Once I stranded 3 kerbals on mun, then I crashed the recovery vessel, so I had 6 stranded kerbals.

But now luckly I'm working to corect my mistakes and become a PRO...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me, father, for I have sinned. It has been over a week sense I last played KSP and when I did, I didn't enjoy it. I find myself luster after the new 1.1 release and even download the pre-release. Sadly, even that didn't relieve my lust. I find myself annoyed at the existing bugs in the pre-release and frustrated by the slow lagging performance of 1.0.5. I've given up all hope of ever landing again on Laythe on the current release and find myself distracted planning ship designs in my mind for the new release. What must I do to atone for my sins?

I still haven't built an ssto...

I use Kerbin side just so I can have more launch points closer to contract areas ...

I use Hyperedit to speed up my EPL builds.

I stop using the KSC as soon as my mun base can build ships...

I have started my Duna Direct mission in 5 versions but never finish it all before the next version comes out.

After I make a station I trash it, and make a version with fewer struts and remove the docking ports that I launch with Hyperedit so I can keep the part count down.

I have killed hundred of kerbals in EVA by not keeping track of lateral speed and slamming into the ground.

I never do rescue contracts... screw em for getting stranded in the first place.

I HATE TOURISTS

Alacrity

After around 4 Years of Playing I still can`t rendezvous with anything:

I have tried many times and only done it once....then my RCS ran out of fuel....and it was for nothing :(

I`m incredibly bad at being efficient:

Instead of just burning out of the Mun`s SOI I have this reflex to first orbit the mun. If I haven`t run out of fuel by then I would also try to get a low Kerbal orbit before descending... Now I finally just go in as fast as I can and see how much Ablator will get used if I just come in at 3000m/s with a PE of 20km... Its fun :D

I`ve never gotten back from Dres`s surface...:

This comes back to my Rendezvous problem, my design`s carry a Pretty large load most of the time meaning that the Lander which includes all of the science stuff, a Rover JUST fitting into the Fairing and storage space. I never came back from the surface because the lander couldn`t fit anymore Fuel so I would plan to rendezvous with a larger tank, bringing back ore from the Planet to have it being Processed in Space. But due to me being excrements at the Rendezvous thing that plan didn`t work.... but that was around the release of 1.0.0... I just haven`t tried landing there again.... I have spit Lander and rover into 2 Modules now but the new problem is that I cant land anything less that 1km away from another Lander...

40 minutes ago, Geromey said:

After around 4 Years of Playing I still can`t rendezvous with anything:

I have tried many times and only done it once....then my RCS ran out of fuel....and it was for nothing :(

Ponder using basic math, common sense and map view.

If that fails, ask j.random 10-12 yo.

If you still fail, try mech-jeb. :wink:

I have probably got more hours in KSP than any other game, and have been playing it since early alpha. I consider myself fairly proficient at the game, and can confidently take a mission to any planet given a few hours, etc etc etc. Still never remember to check my staging for "simultaneous deployment of thrust and drag" aka 'chutes in the engine stage. I have also never finished a career or science mode play-through, I much prefer sandbox because, well, efficiency isn't really my thing.

For deep solar system exploration missions, I sacrifice a kerbal on the launch pad to appease the Kraken and bring good luck to the rest of the mission.

Eject a kerbal from one of the pods. Have him step under one of the booster engines. Launch. The Kraken is appeased.

On 19.4.2016 at 9:25 PM, Curveball Anders said:

Ponder using basic math, common sense and map view.

If that fails, ask j.random 10-12 yo.

If you still fail, try mech-jeb. :wink:

Actually right after posting it, I realized my Mistake and learnt how to do it! still takes me some time but at least I now have a Space Station :D

And I´ve stopped REALLY using Mech-Jeb since the Beta and I`ve only used the Data since :)

Aside from clipping fuel and engines for aesthetic purposes (What do you mean NERVA-jets and hyper-dense fuselages don't exist? I use 'em all the time!) I guess the big one is changing my save files...Not for any normal reason, but to rename and modify the personalities of my Kerbals.

Seriously, it may sound weird, but while I have the orange 4 sitting around eating snacks in the Astronaut Complex, I've got a team made up of J. Robert Kermmanheimer, Ada Kerlace (Engineer) and "Billy" Bishop Kerman (Pilot) flying around. I tweaked their personalities to have them behave a certain way too. Bishop smiles like a madman constantly, J.R. tends to worriedly glance around, as though he's checking the instrumentation and Ada kinda just looks on in amazement.

I like to imagine the three of them chatting amongst themselves...

J. R.: Alright, Bish, you monitoring fuel? We want to make sure we've got enough for a return trip. Dial back the acceleration by a small amount. We're good at this speed.

Bishop: We'll wing it, and no, we need to FEEL the G's. C'mon, I've flown night missions with my eyes closed in planes held together with chewing gum and no SAS. I've got this.

Ada: The view from here is amazing! Stop the bickering, guys and just enjoy the sights, we've got time before we land and get to work!

Oh, and I guess saving before manned landings in case my poor piloting results in explosions. :P

I take rescue contracts. I go up and rescue a kerbal and bring him back. Then I get another rescue mission. I send up the kerbal I just rescued to rescue the new kerbal. When I rendezvous, I have the first kerbal go on EVA so the new kerbal can get in, then I just leave the first kerbal floating in orbit while I bring the new kerbal back.

I have twenty kerbals on EVA in Kerbin Orbit. They're having a blast.

Edited by EliasDanger

26 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

I take rescue contracts. I go up and rescue a kerbal and bring him back. Then I get another rescue mission. I send up the kerbal I just rescued to rescue the new kerbal. When I rendezvous, I have the first kerbal go on EVA so the new kerbal can get in, then I just leave the first kerbal floating in orbit while I bring the new kerbal back.

I have twenty kerbals on EVA in Kerbin Orbit. They're having a blast.

That's so sad, leaving them up there. You should use their suit jets to re-enter the atmosphere.

>:D

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

That's so sad, leaving them up there. You should use their suit jets to re-enter the atmosphere.

>:D

Not a bad idea. Or if I have the resources, act like I'm rescueing them, and then send them on a Kerbol impact trajectory. EVA them once I reach the delta-v needed to send them there, then turn the ship around so I can recover it.

The other day I launched a 500+ part rocket in 1.0.5 to deliver twelve comm satellites into KEO for Remote Tech. Why twelve? Why not? Why all at once? I'm lazy, I wanted to get the orbit right once and just drop satellites at regular intervals and be done with it. Suffice to say the frame rates were phenomenal.

Edited by Fallarnon

I use quick save and quick reload(as well as named save and named reload) religiously.  

I have used cheats to either; Put a large/unweildy craft into orbit because I was too lazy to build a stage or two to get it into orbit and/or too lazy to have my fps go way down and have to babysit it getting into orbit in half an hour real time, cheat my way through a few hundred DV to safely return a rocket.  

I use mechjeb to plot simple manuvers that would take me less than 15 seconds .  

I use mech jeb to execute manuvers (both plotted by MJ and hand plotted) so I can be lazy and muck about on my phone.  

I use tweakscale and parts mods to get the most efficient engine for any stage, regardless if it's /3.75m stage that I tweak to .675m.  

Dear diary.. EERRR!!

Yesterday I went to pick up my elite (4 star) crew on an SSTO from their 2 year voyage from Gilly.  On landing final at the KSP runway, I was ready to reduce speed with my A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S, was comming in hot at +250 m/s, pressed B and nothing happened.  First reaction was "hmmm, where are the air brakes??", 5 seconds later "SH** NO AIR BRAKES!! AAA PANIC" ... 

Had to pitch up to burn of all the speed, landed way too late and too fast. The SSTO jumped off the runway.  Lost 2 engines, a wing and a landing gear wheel.  Crew survided but will sue manufaturer (me) accordingly. :(

I've been away from KSP for a very long time. I guess I just got bored waiting for 1.1 and wandered off to do other things. I will attempt to atone for my sins by throwing myself back at this game full force now that 1.1 is here. Maybe I'll finally, after almost three years, launch a manned mission to Duna.

That last bit is probably a bigger problem.

Edited by RyanRising

Once I was testing an SSTO as I wanted to be able to reach orbit without a full rocket. The SSTO took off as I expected but went it hit the 350m/s mark because too unstable and exploded mid air, the crew was Jeb, Valentina and two scientists... As I panicked, pressed quickly escape but did not read the buttons and pressed 'Space Center' which saved that disaster...
I was so upset that browsed only how to bring Jeb and Valentina back... but didn't do the same for the scientists...

... could've done more... but didn't. That haunts me until now.  

I have only ever had probes on other planets

3 on Duna, little more than RCS sensor drones in career mode, able to do very little except record temperature, and 1 flyby of Eve, which i messed up and caused to fly by far too high.

I have planned 2 duna missions, one of which crashed into Ike at well over 3000 m/s after a big planning mistake and poor judgement on my part (ignoring transfer windows)

The other mission which i planned out in full NASA style, with pre-drawings, calculations and research before the building of the craft in orbit, however when i managed to complete it after a week IRL of planning, the transfer window was still 200 days away, and i didn't want to waste my career time. I lost this mission which KSP was updated to 1.1 and Tac-Life support hasn't been updated. 

Lastly, i can barely build functioning space planes because i can't quite get the fuel use right, i always run out a few hundred m/s short of a full orbit, and then i can't land them without a parachute being involved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.