Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

Hi all

Despite playing for (about) 2 1/2 years I still am unable to:

(1) Build a Space plane that doesn't rip itself to pieces on return to the lower atmosphere.

(2) Actually land successfully on the KSC runway. Yes, seriously, hundreds of successful landings on all the terrain AROUND KSC (with a quick taxi back to the runway) but every runway landing has ending in a burning Kerbal pyre (well except for one where Jeb managed to get the Mk1 cockpit to bounce off the runway and on to the area in front of the SPH).

REgards

Orc

- On PS4 I did whatever I knew how (very little) myself, but ever since I went PC MechJeb and I are the best friends ever. Hell, if I could use MechJeb to turn on the laptop and play the game on it's own I'd probably do that...

- Yesterday I did my first HyperEdit cheat. I'd used HyperEdit before, but I didn't consider replacing a three quarters built spacestation for the same three quarters built spacestation with the right docking ports cheating. It is, obviously, but I didn't feel remorse about it, if you will. Yesterday I plonked a refinery on the Mün because I'd gotten tired of the ten or so failed attempts before it to do things properly.

- I turned off KSP to play GTA. Didn't enjoy it, watched two bad movies, went to bed instead of KSP.

1) I love over-engineering my rocket, even when mechjeb tells me I have enough Delta-V. Then, when I get there, I just start ditching full stages in order to get to the lander. It bothers me so much when I do it, but my brain keeps saying "Just in case"

2) I never terminate debris. I just checked on my sandbox, and I have 46 pieces of debris just flying around. (This is 1 week worth of flying) It'd be nice if Squad added a "Terminate All" Button

3) I never delete saves. I have so many from parts of missions that I cant even remember what some of them are for because they're all named "YAY" or something like that

On my first game session, I kept trying to launch the Learstar A1 into an orbit with Kerbin. The first three times I tried didn't work until I finally got it into orbit! But then I "accidentally" put all the engines on full thrust, which burned all of its fuel immediately. The shuttle still remains 200 kilometers over Kerbin with no way to get it down, and I don't plan to ever even try.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, HerobrineLiu said:

2) I never terminate debris. I just checked on my sandbox, and I have 46 pieces of debris just flying around. (This is 1 week worth of flying) It'd be nice if Squad added a "Terminate All" Button

You can select the max amount of debris in the game settings.

Most of my rockets just barely make it LKO (Low Kerbin Orbit) Sometimes Jeb has to get out and push the ship.

I forget to put struts on my wings untell I'm going supersonic and my plane just disintegrates.

I cant dock to save my life so I just use orbital cheats to get the whole structure in space. (however, I'm getting better)

• 3 weeks later...

My reentry profiles and landings are so… "tight"… that diapers drop from the cabin ceiling instead of oxygen masks when I'm ferrying tourists.

Edited by Lisias
typos. =/

This still happens regularly to be honest. 

I make a plane, or rocket and I know it can land safely. I launch it often and land it often. But due to repetitiveness of contracts, launching and landing I sometimes become inattentive, most noticeably in my landing attempts and often after playing for several hours in a row. 

This inattentiveness results in violent touchdowns causing rolls and spins all the way up to accidental crashes or violent RUD
In almost all these cases I'm trying to RUSH my landings because I'm already occupied with whatever I'm going to do on the surface and wanting that last mission completed before bedtime while having already postponed going to bed to begin with.

Instead of quikloading I say FUK IT! I open Hyperedits ship lander and set the coordinates to "current" then I quikload, land the ship there, fire up my engines to simulate the fuel I should have burned and then drop the ship to simulate my landing was flawless.

If this isn't a sin then you guys are the devil.

I've used Kerbals as cannon shot... (8.8km record) and still inconsistently try to beat my previous record.
I've tested Kerbal helmets for ablative, airbraking, impact and thermal resistance potential.
I "just eyeball it" better than I math... just about anything. One might imagine how many kerbals I've killed by now.
Oh, how I love my Kerbal Engineer... but how I despise MechJeb! No computer flies for me or mine, TYVM. I'm a better pilot than ye who would. ....And I crash. A lot. (Now that my joystick is working though, crashes are next to non-existent and MechJeb is officially for softS pilots :P )

Ultimate sin: I LOVE THIS THREAD! >:D

Edited by Dark Lion

Hopefully no one assassinates me for this, but... I always find ways to get rid of Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Valentina early on. I like having kerbals that are unique to each save and space program, and it just screws with it for me to have the same four in every single one. So they always die in training "accidents," or get sent on risky missions from which they never come back.

I'm sorry

6 hours ago, MDZhB said:

Hopefully no one assassinates me for this, but... I always find ways to get rid of Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Valentina early on. I like having kerbals that are unique to each save and space program, and it just screws with it for me to have the same four in every single one. So they always die in training "accidents," or get sent on risky missions from which they never come back.

I'm sorry

HOW COULD YOU?!

:sticktongue:

Probably way too many things to count, but here are a few...

• I use MechJeb launch assist because I'm too lazy to do my own gravity turn
  • I can't build/fly a plane, SSTO, or shuttle to save my life
  • I used to not be able to build a craft capable of landing on the Mun or Minmus (since gotten so much better, am doing that very regularly in my career save)
  • Too scared to send any craft out of the Kerbin system, but I'm hoping to change this in the next few days!

Stopped playing for 5ish years.

In the last saves before I stopped playing I had 4 or 5 craft with kerbal's on board on a one way trip well outside of the solar system, after the first one was a mistake I started trying to see how far and how fast I could get a ship leaving the system. Oh and Jebediah got left on the Mun the whole time after an unsuccessful landing where Jeb was all that was left, I only had one successful mun landing and that was after finding MechJeb, of course that landing was on the opposite side of the Mun and way to far to walk.

Someday I will find the USB drive I have that old version on and maybe try to save some of them, or just load it up and laugh.

Let's say about one year ago, what I loved to do all the time, was sending always at least two kerbals per mission. The first to do the mission propelly, the second: to be leaved in orbit for eternity (i'd loved to watch plenty of Kerbal's EVA orbits at the tracking station), leaved to a reentry trajectory (and watch him burning), and design a "suicide" stage in my rockets, all the time  different, to try kill him in a new way each time..

Now I love my kerbals and I take care of them :)

On 7/1/2018 at 2:38 PM, MDZhB said:

I'm sorry

Do you know you can just rename them? :D But suicidal type missions are fun, I understand

Edited by kurgut

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.