Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Goaty1208 said:

?

"The TS-25 is designed for slicing the largest of rockets in twain. Unlike Decouplers, Separators will eject anything connected to themselves. This is good, as it removes the need to worry about which side needs to be pointed away from face. Try to not look at it too much though."

- TS-25 Stack seperator

Sometimes I umm, send my kerbals on a one way mission to a specific purple colored planet with a thick atmosphere. For science. But only my least favorite ones

3 minutes ago, Vezbot said:

Sometimes I umm, send my kerbals on a one way mission to a specific purple colored planet with a thick atmosphere. For science. But only my least favorite ones

Also I'll make them leave the command pod and have them walk kilometers to the nearest geographical feature while on phys warp x4

2 hours ago, Vezbot said:

"Ok... who don't I like today" he says while looking at the roster.

1 minute ago, purpleivan said:

"Ok... who don't I like today" he says while looking at the roster.

Yeah when the mission control at the KSC picked those three (can't remember their names, haven't looked at it on the tracking station in about 10 years of ingame time) and said they were going to Eve, they thought they meant orbiting Eve. They thought wrong. Sometimes I will spend a couple of hours just walking their pilot around just to explore Eve. Fortunately for them I have planned to send a rover there.

• 5 months later...

only once have I had a Kerbal "get out and push", first Duna lander than managed to land upright enough to take off, that is to say on its side but pointing up a hill, it was just sub orbital with tanks and RCS tanks dry.. Kerbal got it to a few metres above the atmosphere so they could await rescue.

that being the rescue mission for the previous lander that fell over harder after landing at less than 1m/s and bouncing skywards in a truely silly way

On 3/20/2020 at 1:15 PM, HansonKerman said:

I... cannot rendezvous for my life. That’s why I attach a MechJeb module to every one of my stations. Other than that I can preform every other orbital maneuver.

They fixed the image posting bug, so I can show you a tip.  Once you're about 60 seconds from intercept, put the center of the navball, the retrograde marker, and the anti-target in a line like this:

intercept-02.jpg

Then thrust forward very slowly.  The thrust "pushes" the retrograde marker towards the anti-target - meaning, it slows you down and brings your intercept closer at the same time!

intercept-03.jpg

Doing this can easily refine a 3km intercept into something scary-close.  Watch out -- sometimes 0.0km also means 0.0m!

It also moves the intercept further into the future, so if you've got lots of target velocity, nothing stops you from doing this more than once.

Edited by Corona688

i made Jebediah and valentina go on a romantic date on the moon laythe where they kissed... is that a sin? i hope not. but if it is, it was sure as heck worth it

also i've kinda abused the revert to launch option WAY TOO MANY TIMES!

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

18 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

i made Jebediah and valentina go on a romantic date on the moon laythe where they kissed... is that a sin?

If the helmet visors stay closed, then no. 

Otherwise their life was short & bright, thanks to you.

Edited by kerbiloid

I can't design or fly a plane, space or otherwise.

The only decent plane I designed was my Hope SSTO for the K-Prize challenge, and that one was more an amalgam of ideas from random screenshots than something I made on my own. My Jool-5 Laythe spaceplane was a quicksave-devouring monster that used chutes to land and relied on profuse prayer to stay on the correct AoA for the return to orbit. I can barely reach the island airfield with a stock aircraft.

I can never finish a career save.

I always just seem to get bored and impatient with a career save, and I inevitably unlock the entire tech tree by putting a lab in orbit of the Mun, leaving me with zero motivation to expand to the rest of the System.

I let MechJeb do most of the work.

It's not that I can't plot a Hohmann transfer, make a rendezvous, dock, or fly a launch to orbit. And I do plenty of my own maneuvering, mostly stuff like getting gravity assists that MJ can't handle very well, or correcting the transfers that MJ got horribly wrong. But most of the time I'm content to tell MJ what to do before sitting back and watching my engines burn perfectly. My missions are fragile enough without my bad piloting in the mix.

Edited by OutInSpace

I just made it to Minmus yesterday.

Yeah.  Why is that a sin, you ask?

I'm the chief dev of Kopernicus right now.  Let that sink in for a bit.  Yep.  I really have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just a fast learner and good at reverse engineering others work and so far that's been enough, fortunately.  It's a sin as in, when people asked if I could do this, I pretty much told them "maybe" and left out the "lol are you kidding me I can't even fly a spaceship" part.

Edited by R-T-B

On 10/31/2020 at 9:55 AM, kerbiloid said:

If the helmet visors stay closed, then no. 

Otherwise their life was short & bright, thanks to you.

actually i made them both take off their helmets... :blush:  well, im sure the kraken can forgive me for that one and im sure jeb and val can DEFINETELY forgive me.

I either revert back to the launchpad OR I load a saved game if I make a wrong move during flight.  Even if that means I've just wasted hours getting to the right orbit; I would rather lose hours id time playing than to have a flight go sideways.

I have no clue how to determine the right amount of fuel to use for any flight...and I refuse to figure it out.  Sorry, but the above tactic allows me to fine tune builds without wasting funds or Kerbals.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:22 AM, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

"The TS-25 is designed for slicing the largest of rockets in twain. Unlike Decouplers, Separators will eject anything connected to themselves. This is good, as it removes the need to worry about which side needs to be pointed away from face. Try to not look at it too much though."

- TS-25 Stack seperator

Why???

6 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

You don't even have to.  DV is quite literally a stock feature now.

He means for the trips to planets. :funds: should=:science: if we buy research some.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:25 PM, kerbiloid said:

There is no Kerbal trade union in my space agency. The Kerbal rights are totally unprotected.

Yes. Less lawsuits. Make the union be controlled by you. So you can screw over the families of dead Kerbonauts from their pensions and etc. Good idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.