Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I still have not verified 0.23.5 fuel flow rules are the same as in 0.23

I mean I'm pretty confident they are as nobody came in complaining about any changes, but I did not really make sure about it except one small test that multi-dock fuel crossfeed "bug" is still in place.

I still have not posted details on fuel flow rules for Monopropellant and Xenon in 0.23.5

Since some rules were introduced in 0.23.5 I probably should do that sooner rather than later. I already ran a few basic experiments and I am pretty confident it can cause some nasty things to the uninformed.

I hardly play KSP anymore

Pretty much that. Reproducing bugs, occasional chllenge attempts and watching forums are still fun but I have major problems finding anything I would like to do in KSP myself.

I hardly play KSP anymore

Pretty much that. Reproducing bugs, occasional chllenge attempts and watching forums are still fun but I have major problems finding anything I would like to do in KSP myself.

When you are tired of playing the game, you start playing with the game... and such deep research might be quite fun, too. :)

If the ship is not big, go on EVA and use the jetpack (which has more or less 500m/s of DeltaV) to push. I guess that counts as a sin (mainly because you can get infinite EVA fuel by getting in and out from the capsule), so I'll confess that one as well :D

I've used and abused the get out and push trick to get failed Munar missions back to Kerbin.

Poor Jeb, trying to push 50 Tonnes of ship with his tiny little RCS thrusters...

I used the infinite fuel cheat occasionally for more than testing game mechanics.

Once or twice during my first attempts/training on the job of pinpoint landings - and at least twice when I should have filled my tanks at the space station before returning (my tanker!) to one of the moons.

In my first game I carelessly stranded kerbals on Laythe, Duna and Eve - because I could not land (without parachutes) back then and just wanted to get somewhere!

I only ever play the unmodded stock game for a few days, and only after significant changes to e.g. career mode and as long as my standard mods are not updated/veryfied.

The only version I played unmodded completely was the .18 demo - for about a week until I bought the full game, I cannot even remember my first mod for .20 ...

Poor Jeb, trying to push 50 Tonnes of ship with his tiny little RCS thrusters...

I ditch everything except the command pod, the parachutes and the science after running out of fuel. That way there's less mass to push around and Jeb doesn't have to spend that many time pushing :P

I place radial decouplers everywhere just because they look cool.

Part clipping is an integral part of my design process.

I will not attempt anything until I have a good looking ship to do it with.

My landers are built by the finest engineers on Kerbin, and if the game doesn't find them as sturdy as I do when it's time to deploy the parachutes, I will enable Unbreakable Joints.

1)

Letting Jeb into my aircraft :P

2)

Accidentally pressing EVA instead of IVA - Bill went flying out of the ship as it was on an intercept to Minmus. I tried to use the EVA jetpack to recover, but Bill ended up crashing into minmus. :(

I cheat :(

I once edited the persistant.sfs file to rotate my ARM spacecraft with an asteroid attached, because I ran out of electricity and the solar panels were hidden behind the asteroid.

Just yesterday, I wanted to do an aerobraking return from Dres at Kerbin. I needed four tries: once I was braking too high (35 km) and flew right out of Kerbin SOI, once too low and I would have deorbited my reusable ship (25 km) and once it would have worked (27 km) but I broke off my solar panels. I didn't have a proper quicksave so I copied the last KBACKUP-*-persistant.sfs over the proper one.

I swear, I will not cheat after I restart my career with 0.24!

Also, sometimes I just delete small debris parts like stack seperators because I'm too lazy to too deorbit them with my scavenger.

Edited by Kobymaru

My big sin is never telling how many of my Duna landing attempts were failed x^D

Also i sometimes leave kerbals stranded flying out of solar system with no provisions for return.

Oh yeah and that!!! lol that's usually the 1st mission of every save I start, always bill bob and jeb. Guess it's their fate, to be interstellar travelers.

Edited by Overfloater

I don't care about aesthetics. I don't part clip so my designs have bits and pieces sticking out all over the place.

I use onion staging. Asparagus is just such a pain to set up. 2 layers of onion is what I use. 3,4, or 6 symmetry depending on payload.

"Overkill" is not in my vocabulary. I make it back 90% of the time with at least 1/3 of my fuel left on the final stage. I hate the tension of "do I have enough fuel?".

I am a serial game restarter. Once I get the tech tree unlocked I will maybe do one more mission, and then abandon it mid-flight as I've started a fresh save. I can think of only 3 or 4 saves that reached year 3. I don't think I've ever reached year 5.

I am a serial game restarter. Once I get the tech tree unlocked I will maybe do one more mission, and then abandon it mid-flight as I've started a fresh save. I can think of only 3 or 4 saves that reached year 3. I don't think I've ever reached year 5.

I know that feel. Once I've got the tree unlocked, what's the point?

I installed hyperedit for 10 minutes so I could put a laythe base back in orbit when I accidently pressed F5 instead of F9 on a trial landing attempt, putting it smack dead right in the middle of the ocean if it would have continued.

I've got F9 imprinted in my finger As many others do.

I use the same massive booster for everything Sometimes it's such an overkill that I could do an insertion burn to Jool with the upper stage, not using the tug at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.