Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

Also, letting Jeb, Bill and Bob onto the surface for the whole of three minutes before taking off again.

I'm guilty of this one, too. Multiyear transfer to get to another planet followed by a harrowing landing. Plant flag, "Ok boys, pack it up, you've had your fun".

I suck at docking... and rendezous in general.

I always make stations Saylut style... (AKA Entire thing in one launch)

Doubt Playing KSP for 630 hours I've only landed on Duna and Tylo.

I purposely started a legit Kessler Syndrome on... my main save.... R.I.P Special Agent Kirrim.

I got Kirrim Kerman and killed him in a Kessler Syndrome

Screw mods. I HATE THEM.(That's a sin, right?)

Onion staging, I believe that's called.

Makes sense, but I thought I read somewhere that onion and asparagus staging were words for the same thing when the concept first appeared... Don't know.

I really need to stop going out to interplanetary space and planning intercepts from there.

I really need to care about phase angles.

I should stop overdesigning my landers.

I should probably pack less RCS fuel.

I should test things before I send them on a decade long mission.

Every once in a while, when the game gyps me out of my hard-earned work, I resort to HyperEditing my Kerbals back to safety and my ships to where I wanted them. Recently I had to do this when I spent an hour launching a rover into orbit only to find that the VAB had decided to move one of my fuel lines and make the ship unusable - so I just edited a fresh rover in its place and deleted the broken one.

I've never made a space plane that could leave the atmosphere and orbit/return from orbit.

I've also, back on an older version of the game, accidentally clicked "abort" on my first successful Duna Rover while on Duna ending the mission :(

I should use less mods.... my laptop is going to have a China Syndrome one of this days

I'm really bad designer ... but really good in kerbals opinion (just add more boosters it's not the solution for FAR)....

I love Minmus.... I plan my landings to be close to atleast 4 biomes so i can collect as much science as i can, this eva take Jebediah really long big jumps....

I built an awesome station around Duna and forgot to send enough food with it. I then hired a somewhat less than honest supplier to send food to the starving Kerbals manning the station. Little did I realize at the time that the supplier was stealing kittens from Kerbal kids, boiling them in some green soup and sending it all up in an unmanned delivery ship. When the story broke that the Duna station was living on kidnapped kittens my company was shamed out of business and the poor Kerbals on Duna left to die because nobody wants kitten eaters around. It was a very shameful incident in an otherwise successful space program.

I used the infinate EVA refueling trick for the get out and push the craft time due to opps not enough fuel.

Used the Infinate Fuel in debug mode when I said I would not.

Killed Kerbals and used the F5 and F9 keys.

Fly my planes while reading a book or getting a meal or having a bio brake. Think you all can tell what happens when not paying attention while flying in an atmosphere.

Built an observation station around the Mun and sent up a ship up dock with it. 3 Kerbals were on board and I was gonna transfer them to the station. Set up a Hohmann transfer for an RV, but didn't initially realise that, bebause my station was in quite a low orbit (around 30km) my RV course actually went through the Mun! By the time I realised and stopped already time-acceleration, I was about 6km above the surface. My frantic retrograde burn was in vain and the spacecraft hit the surface at about 400m/s...but amazing the command module survived! :D

Only to bounce off the surface and then come back down and explode :( so yeah, I might have reverted that one...

The term is lithobraking: using the lithosphere of a body in order to slow your velocity.

Well, it would be, if we were talking about crashing into a celestial body. Unless ships have lithospheres, my new-fangled term still stands - I was just trying to make a joke about careening my poor EVA'ing slob into his ship.

"When caught in a mistake, don't be a flake: SHIPOBRAKE" !!!

I Might have made a giant slingshot out of decouplers and a rocket.... and possible fling some poor kermans into the air...

Better than landing them from an orbital fall by having them land on their heads. I love doing that.

I know they deserve more respect than I give them.

Stupidity isn't sinning, so I'll only include those times I knew I "shouldn't" have.

I left two Kerbals stranded in orbit around Kerbin for almost an entire career until I finally had the patience to go rescue them.

After failing to test a ladder on my lander, then exhausting all my EVA propellant in both my Kerbals EVA packs, I edited my save file to restore full EVA propellant so I could hop back in the lander.

I get bored or frustrated with my rovers and will leave Kerbals sitting on rovers on the Mun or Minmus far from their lander for years until I have the patience to return them to Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.