Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I have flown to Duna without noticing that I had accidentally used 2x symmetry on my KER module - which I always place on the back of the command pod - which welded the pod shut. I have then edited the save game file to move the part out of the way and left it magically floating a few meters away from the command pod.

Last night I used infinite fuel for the first time to get Bill back to Kerbin from his Mun trip.

Also, I have literally left Job out in space. He is in high orbit over Kerbin with about 1.5 units of fuel left in his jet pack.

I tried to have him fly to the passing rescue capsule. I have no idea how to match orbits and speeds.

I spend WAY too much time playing KSP

I have grown really tired of KSP twice, but I've come back both times

I use quick-save/load a lot

My Kerbal Space Station has been manned by the same crew for 17 years

I ran out of fuel landing on Moho. I then used the ALT-F12 Infini-fuel engines up to the transfer, which had way too few DV - so I cheated my way back to Kerbin (My mission planner spreadsheet still says that all three crew members are now "MOON OF MOHO", though)

When I do time-heavy missions, time consumption is 50/50 between KSP and my mission planner spreadsheet

I've never landed on Eeloo, Dres, Tylo, Laythe, Eve or Gilly. I've never really sent any missions to them either

EDIT

When I first started playing, I didn't know about RCS thrusters (at least not in the game). To translate during docking, I made a system of actiongroups and LV-1R engines. It worked well, though!=P

Edited by Kerbrud

I've been playing KSP for more than a year but didn't try any mods till last week.

I've never calculated a deltaV value.

I've never bothered to visit any planet that doesn't have an Easter Egg (and I've used the forums to find the Easter Eggs).

The first time I returned from orbit, I was laughing so hard at the expression on the pilot's face that I forgot to deploy the parachutes.

I swore I'd never use F5/F9/revert again. My willpower lasted slightly less than a week.

The most complicated thing ive ever done unaided by mechjeb is a simple mun landing and return. Everything else was with smart ass and the man node planner. (though, to be fair, I'm pretty sure real life spaceship pilots have some kind of smart ass like system and sciencey people that plan burns ahead of time).

But i get the impression that mechjeb is sinfull the way it is often portrayed on the forums :) fortunately, im not losing any sleep over it

When I started my latest sandbox game, I used Kethane's debug mode to reveal all deposits rather than building and flying a scanning satellite for the dozenth time. Also, I regenerated the deposits until there was at least one on the Minmus flats near the equator.

Edited by Tinyboss

I have spent as much time bugfixing my ridiculously modded .24 build as I have spent playing it >.>

. . . but I can't stop. Unmodded will not be tolerated!!!!

Also, I seem to have gotten it stable, so maybe my sins have paid off?

• 1 month later...

I'm not updating to 0.25, I can't get excited about any of the new features...

I can't do much on the first try, I usually need to quick-save a lot. ( I have over 250 quick-saves in my current save)

I have never completed a tech tree, stock or modded.

One of my Duna return missions was so bad, rather than restarting it from scratch, I just quick-loaded over and over and over again until I succeeded.

Whenever a ship doesn't work like it should, I HyperEdit it so it does. Mostly because I cannot stand losing. This is a habit I really have to cut back on...

Also, I have literally left Job out in space. He is in high orbit over Kerbin with about 1.5 units of fuel left in his jet pack.

It's not a good idea to leave Job in outer space... there are several jobless people around the world needing extra money! :sticktongue:

Built a mean looking plane & completed a bunch of fineprint 'survey' contracts before discovering an aerodynamic stability issue that meant I couldn't land it. Ah, Jeb, I have good news and bad news...

Must...test...more...thoroughly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.