Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

On my latest Saturn-V ish rocket, I clipped fuel tanks, even though I've told myself never to do it. That craft is supposed to look good, dammit!

I think it's good to practice not clipping fuel tanks into each other. Sometimes for the sake of a replica it is impossible to avoid though. Don't feel bad matey.

I think it's good to practice not clipping fuel tanks into each other. Sometimes for the sake of a replica it is impossible to avoid though. Don't feel bad matey.

Clipping fuel tanks is a sin? Oh... My... GOD! I'm going to H-E-L-L!!!!! :0.0:

Oh and since I'm confessing; I, abuse quick saves and reverts way too much, and in desperate situations I've been known to hit alt-F12 (but never in career). Oh and I've been known to edit quick saves on occasion but only if the game glitches, and that barely ever happens. :wink:

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

I purchased KSP on steam just 2 weeks ago.

I've played over 72 hours since. only playing sandbox atm.

Installed Precise nodes (not supported for latest version, but works)

Installed docking alignment addon

I'm getting the hang of rendezvous and docking (still slow at it and overshoot often)

Installed MechJeb, have not used it as i'm only using stock parts atm.

Launched many mini stations and capsules 'learning' how things work.

Two are manned in orbit around the Sun.

Many more are in various orbits of kerbin. most have no propulsion or no power.

I'm performing cleanup and rescue actions to save my kerbal's

I've rescued most of them now (cept those two in the Sun's orbit, they have to wait)

I de-orbit the rubbish once the kerbals are saved.

here's the sin...

One capsule was in a declining orbit (a couple of m each orbit) and i got impatient. infinite RCS and burnt until the peri was at 10K.

please forgive me.

I built this outside.

After launching I found out the TWR was too low and the cause was the Flea's thrust limiter not being set.

QVTeUu3.png

I even attempted to fix the problem with a Hammer (three more boosters attached).

AxgodSD.png

After failing yet again I turned to cheating. The persistence file opened and the thrust limits were increased. This is the first and hopefully last time I resort to these desperate actions.

The launch pad TWR was improved but my actions seemed to have doomed and jinxed this vessel.

qWT3rwx.png

The sin is made worse since Valentina was almost crushed trying to help install the boosters.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I developed a new Mun lander but held off launching it because I was so close to unlocking a new science part. When I unlocked it I began the mission! Got to the Mun, set down (which took a while of relearning - Minmus spoiled me.) Then, only then, did I realize I forgot the science part I delayed it for.

I lost all semblance of patience, stuck the science part in Bill's inventory (KIS mod) along with a screwdriver, stuck him in a lander can on to of a skipper engine, enabled infinite fuel cheat and sent him to do what should have been done in the VAB.

Round trip to the Mun and back in 10 hours.

Also.... all my airplanes anymore land with parachutes because I'm lazy and awful at landing.

Jeb is mad, Val is bored, Bill is... interested.

I'm teaching kOS to fly. (Yeah, after some MechJeb overdose I've sworn that I'll use such an autopilot again only if I make it.)

And the real sin is couple dozens reverts to launch due to testing. Although, there were no fatal cases and most of them would safely return to Kerbin on manual (some early tests flew up until they ran out of fuel - several of those ended in escape trajectory.)

On the other hand, now I'm writing script for some risky part...

Frequently when I'm building a 20-40 stage monstrosity I get the staging order wrong and end up jettisoning most of the ship directly above the launchpad. Multiple times in a row. Oops. :D

I often design my ships around the minimum delta-v requirement, which usually works okay except when it comes to Moho. Even with experience I tend to forget that the launch window for Moho has to be extremely precise and end up running out of fuel in deep space on the return journey. Cue rescue mission. :P

Oh, and I also never quite manage to get the Duna aerobrake right on the first try. It's such a tenuous atmosphere that I frequently end up under-braking and wasting tonnes of fuel correcting... or occasionally over-braking and "whoops" crashing... ;)

Oh there's almost too many to list. But I consider one of my biggest sins is that I consistently use time warp to stop rotation.

Same here! I usually don't want use up my meager supply of RCS fuel or don't have the time/patience to let SAS fix it.

I turn on infinite fuel when I'm *that* close to finishing the burn. As I've established, I don't have the patience to redo the entire mission over a few hundred m/s of delta V.

I use Alt-F9 too much :(

I mean I guess everyone does. But I use it to such an extent that I don't "accept" Kerbal death or severe Material loss, even if it was clearly caused by my negligence.

I wonder if the game would be more "fun" if everything I did actually mattered.

This may provoke a reaction, but we are talking about sins, here.

Flying rockets is my least favorite part of the game.

I don't know if I would call that a sin, I don't particularly like flying rockets either. I do enjoy building and designing them however (and letting mechjeb fly them for me).

Which, incidentally, leads to what is probably my greatest KSP sin: I'm completely dependent on mechjeb for interplanetary missions (and for any kind of advanced maneuvers really). I really need to brush up on my orbital mechanics...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.