Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

Im more excited about watching stuff the KSP community does than playing the actual game. Not that im bad at it, I can do stuff if I try but I like watch people do stuff rather than doing it myslelf.

Maybe this has a scientific name and I would love to know it because I would use it a lot.

Use Psychic Warp while walking and jumping at mun cliff and kill kerbal..;.;

Psychic warp? So, you can see the future at an accelerated rate? ;)

On topic: I don't count missions with modded parts as real missions. I've landed a rover on Laythe, but it doesn't really count since it was modded.

Ok, I'm not Scott Manley, I can't do KSP

Here's a short list of my sins

Spaceplanes

If my spaceplane doesn't have enough oxidiser to reach an orbital trajectory, I just turn infinite fuel on rather than relaunching

I only build atmospheric planes

I build cool looking spaceplanes with abnormal and barely functional designs instead of going simple

I often burn my wings by clipping the engines into them

I've never flown to the north pole, because I can't bear sitting infront of a PC making sure my plane flies ok but it's too boring

Rockets

I regularly use infinite fuel because I can't calculate staging very well

I've never been to any other planet

I've never been to Minmus

I've never even landed on the moon and come back again with kerbals

I'VE NEVER EVEN GOT INTO A HKO

I can't dedicate myself to actually do some of these lengthy Jool orbital space station base atmosphere city fuel depot thingymajigs

Landing

I tried to land on the moon, but timewarped into it in the Map view

Kerbals

I've killed Jeb so many times with Missing crews respawn on so I keep killing him and killing him over and over again

I've never landed a lander on Kerbin or the Mun without a part falling off my craft

And now... Sin of the century. Prepare to facepalm

I was going to launch a spaceplane full of kerbals and dock with my new space station and get some science going, but I forgot to fill the spaceplane up with crew, I forgot to fill it with fuel and I forgot to build the space station

Yep...

I've landed Kerbals on the Mun maybe three times, and only gotten them back once, and don't want to try again.

The closest I've gotten to interplanetary are probes either incinerated in Eve's upper atmosphere, or just barely within the SOI of a planet, and seeing said planet from very far away.

I've never docked two spacecraft.

I once stole one of Werner's orbital training ships and landed it on Duna. Werner kept trying to cut my throttle. He never allowed a rescue ship. Bill, Jeb, and Bob became "colonists".

I've never tried MechJeb, although I do use KER and Precise Node

I've got spreadsheets of delta V calculations

I'm an LV enthusiast.

I can't watch a Kerbal die - if I hit F9 quick enough it never happened :)

I make copies the persistent file when things look bad - I often forget to save

I edited the batteries in "Better Than Starting Manned" - you need more batteries than fuel in that mod!

I've never visited the Armstrong Memorial - it's on my "to do" list....

I never let Bill fly in Career mode.

I'd landed and returned from every body in the Kerbal system before I made my first space plane.

I play in windowed 1024x768 mode at half res - I need to upgrade my PC!

The only moded parts I've tried were in BTSM, but that's a downgrade.

I landed on the moon before I learnt how to orbit.

Was pretty dumb really, I used to just launch straight up and guess if the moon would be there, and sometimes it was and only once did I actually land without crashing into it because I was going too fast.

My biggest KSP sin? I'm still playing the .90 version. My work schedule changed and I took a break from the game for a while, and now I'm pretty sure I don't want to mess around learning new aero and worrying about heating and such, at least until v1.1 comes out.

I tried 1.05

It displeased me...
I downgraded to 1.04

It was.....nicer on my trains and mods for trains...
I used to laugh at them odd little people who would pilot boats in FSX or cars in train simulators..

I am now one of them :(
I like trains.. I drive them with a steering wheel

I use the VAB as nothing more than a staging area for wagons... I use the carpark near the crew building to store locomotives

And those little yellow electric trucks you see wizzing around as scenery..

I use the mod and actually seriously drive one around ksc and beyond..

Its not changed in 2 years..its just got more detailed..more complex

Space is the black thing out of the cab windows at night..
The mun looks like a hologram because ive never been there to prove its real.

And my worst sin? The only rocket I ever use is the LV-1R
And it plays a horn sound from a diesel locomotive when toggled..

Forgive me its awful :)

Edited by Overland

[B]I seem to religiously install KAS, yet never use it.[/B]
Not once have I used any of the parts that I often put in rockets on a real mission. I've only ever played around with the mod on the runway at KSC.

[B]I'm afraid of timewarping to the next significant event.[/B]
It's becoming a serious problem to the point of stagnation, but I can't stand the thought of missing any fun or easy contracts even though I have millions of spacebucks and the KSC is fully upgraded. Edited by surge

I [B]could [/B]test elements of my mission on or around Kerbin first to see if they will work. By doing so, I could avoid the need to revert after long burns and large timewarps, both of which still take real world time.

Nah, too impatient, light this candle!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.