Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

On 6/21/2016 at 6:03 PM, DaMachinator said:

I reenter with the Mk1 lander can (2.5m heatshield FTW).

I you actually can reenter the atmo using the standard 1.25m, but you do have to be wary of the parachutes attached.

I quicksave like heck. Seriously, I spam the F5 button.

Edited by Astrofox

I've never built a working SSTO

I often try but in my 3 years of playing I've never built one.

I've only built two stations without hyper edit 

I either never wanted to or couldn't 

I just CANT fail a mission in career mode

I often find myself using the debug menu if without enough fuel to return home, or using it if I don't get into orbit 

On April 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM, wooaa said:

I often don't put parachutes on my ships because I am too impatient to watch them drift down to the surface.

This isn't a confession, you're just a soviet T_T

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

When I install a new version, I just copy the mods over from the last version, and then update the broken ones.

That's a sin? Oh boy then what is it called when I copy the game files into the old game's directory, leaving all other files alone?

15 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I...I haven't played 1.1.3 yet. 

I'll admit, I haven't either. Still waiting for mod updates.

14 hours ago, Astrofox said:

I you actually can reenter the atmo using the standard 1.25m, but you do have to be wary of the parachutes attached.

Actually, if I can offer a solution to that parachute issue, I suggest sticking the parachute(s) inside a service bay. No more fried chutes.

On 27/06/2016 at 4:24 PM, MDZhB said:

I killed two kerbals on launch once, but I accidentally clicked "Revert to launch."

I killed them again by crashing into the ground, so I wasn't cheating myself.

So is it the accidental reverting or the kerbal homicide that you're confessing to :)

I did the thing where you are so happy that your spaceplane made it into orbit, and then your happiness turns into horror when you realize that the craft is incapable of surviving re-entry. I landed it with Hyperedit. I feel terrible.

6 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

I tried to land on the sun at night, turns out theres no day/night cycle on the sun

*shocked face*

MY LIFE IS A LIE

I cannot seem to build a viable stock SSTO, even though I have lots of planes. 

I hacked an ion engine to use only electric charge and provide 700 KN of thrust just to make a TIE fighter model a viable plane. 

I accidentally killed Jeb in an early crash in my main career save, and then didn't revert. ;.; I regret this every day. 

I haven't installed 1.1.3 yet because of the mods, but I'm too lazy to check if they have.

Edited by Mycroft

I value the ships more than the kerbals

many times I've went to greater lengths  to protect the vessels rather than save kerbals ( vessels can be re-crewed : D )

I also have over 1000 hours in ksp and have yet to build a successful STTO space plane.

Edited by Kreen Rocket
left out information.

I use MechJeb constantly. But I only use Smart A.S.S. and Maneuver Planner, though -- no autopilots.

That isn't because I'm virtuous, I just think I can fly ascents and landings more efficiently than the autopilot. (Sometimes this belief is more firmly grounded in reality than others.)

I've never had a Kerbal set foot on Eve.

I've never had a Kerbal set foot on Dres.

I've never had a Kerbal set foot on Laythe or Tylo.

I use OPM religiously, but of the planets it adds, I've only been to Sarnus, and that only once.

I've never even sent a probe to Eeloo.

I don't use probes nearly as much as I should because I'm too lazy to set up a real communications network (and too proud to uninstall RemoteTech and use "easy probes".)

I quicksave and revert all the time.

I make space stations and bases with way too many parts, then never visit them because they kill my framerate.

I am. The. Worst. Spaceplane designer in all of Kerbaldom. My spaceplanes don't take off. If they take off, they stall out at subsonic speeds. If they make it to the hypersonic regime, they either blow up or can't circularize. If, by some miracle, I make a plane that actually takes off and flies into orbit, it blows up during re-entry.

1 hour ago, eataTREE said:

I am. The. Worst. Spaceplane designer in all of Kerbaldom. My spaceplanes don't take off. If they take off, they stall out at subsonic speeds. If they make it to the hypersonic regime, they either blow up or can't circularize. If, by some miracle, I make a plane that actually takes off and flies into orbit, it blows up during re-entry.

That has to be proven. If you are lucky you have to share the first place with me.

(I am. A. Rocket. Man.)

Edited by Carraux

I always include a launch escape tower on my manned rocket launches, but almost never bother to set up an Abort sequence in the action menu.

I never forget to set up a sequence to ditch the escape tower though.

On June 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Astrofox said:

Not really. Reentry with a 30 Km periapse has you roasting a long time. 

On topic: 

I don't get why SSTO's are such a huge accomplishment. Seriously, it's not hard. 

Unless it's a spaceplane. I've never made a spaceplane. I just don't want to deal with aligning CoM and CoT and stuff like that. 

Edited by DaMachinator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.