[WIP]D12 Aerotech - A B9 Aerospace Expansion (Beta1)

PolecatEZ

Alright. Finally had some spare time to sit down and managed to work out (I hope) all the kinks with B9 R5.x compatibility.

Notes:

• based on CSVoltage's fix - thanks for getting the ball rolling and most of the work done
  • made with B12 R5.2.1 (not included), Firespitter 6.3.5 (plugin and sound included), ModuleManager 2.3.5 (plugin included) - thanks to their respective authors for their continuing excellent work
  • all IVAs and textures should now be back to normal
  • added Firespitter soundbank to CSVoltage's package - without it your engines would be silent - that's why this file is much larger
  • installation same as before

• changed internal name for canards to avoid conflict with stock part - if you have pre-existing craft with this part, please replace the /GameData/B9_Aerospace/Expansions/D12Wingtech/canards.cfg with the one from the previous version, or open it and edit the
    name =

line back to

name = CanardController

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll endeavour to use my limited abilities to help - but no promises :wink:.

Hopefully PolecatEZ comes back soon to continue his work, or another modder picks this up.

At last, here's the download.

Edit: I should add that, like the previous releases, this version does not include the Romfarer plugin. And without it the missiles/bombs won't show up in the VAB/SPH. So you can get the plugin separately by downloading the main Lazor mod or, if you don't need all those parts/functions, you can get Lazor docking cam by itself. If instead you don't want the weapons, it's safe to just delete the D12Battletech folder.

Can you please include an alternate download because this one is not working for me

I think that's an issue with the model's colliders, so not something that can be fixed with a cfg edit, which is all I'm capable of :(. Hopefully an actual modder will drop by and be able to fix it.

In the meantime, if you have another pod on the plane with a working hatch, you can install Crew Manifest, which would allow you to shift Kerbals between different pods and EVA them from the working one.

Just a Request

PLEASE add RastorPropmonitor Support, i would myself but i am not a coder, or a modder

This mod is pretty much abandoned by the author for now. It's being held alive by community patches. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Really cool of you to fix this mod up... Thank You for putting the time in.

I use NEAR... dose this mean the wings in this pack won't work? Not a deal breaker at all, just thought the swing wings and folding wings would be fun to use.

Here is one I did a while ago that still works fine using IR and B9 with P-Wings.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It sure would be nice to have FAR/NEAR modules add to the wings. I, unfortunately, don't have time to create the configs since I'm working on stuff for Kerbin Side. Maybe, just maybe, with permission and once I've got time free, I may look into keeping this mod going.

It sure would be nice to have FAR/NEAR modules add to the wings. I, unfortunately, don't have time to create the configs since I'm working on stuff for Kerbin Side. Maybe, just maybe, with permission and once I've got time free, I may look into keeping this mod going.

You would be my hero.

FWIW the delta wings, control surfaces, and structural wings do have FAR modules, so should work, to some extent.

The movable wings are difficult to model with FAR from what I understand. The canards, swept wings and winglets also don't have FAR.

However, given pWings and Infernal Robotics are available and supported, I don't see much point in using D12 wings. So if you're just using the pack for the cockpits/engines etc like I do, the wings being FAR-less is not an issue.

Good point. I shall download, remove the non-FAR-working parts, and go with the cockpits and whatnot since that's what I'm really after. :) (Although I have no idea if the engines work with AJE... I shall have to try it out.)

The ones listed on the AJE OP should work:

D12 Aerotech:

Ka-50 & CH-53 helicopter

JT-3D turbofan

Progress-AI20 Turboprop

NB: if you're using B9 5.x, you'll need the fixed version found here, otherwise a lot of the textures won't load. I haven't tried it with B9 5.2.5 yet, but it seems to work fine with 5.2.4 on KSP 0.25.

Sorry if it was answered already. I've installed the fix and yet most of the IVAs are without textures. Anyone knows a way to fix it?

Thanks for picking this up - I hadn't realised that B9 changed their file structure again.

Here is the new version, with some additional fixes (mainly for attachment nodes) for the Mk2 parts. Note though that a lot of the IVAs aren't finished so RPM monitors won't be available.

Let me know if you find further issues.

Edited by cremasterstroke
fixed link

Thanks for picking this up - I hadn't realised that B9 changed their file structure again.

Here is the new version, with some additional fixes (mainly for attachment nodes) for the Mk2 parts. Note though that a lot of the IVAs aren't finished so RPM monitors won't be available.

Alright, all textures seems to be there. Thanks for that, mate!

There is only one tiny glitch with them. Some of the right hand side button decals are inverted but whatever.

Thanks again

Sounds nice, but how do I download that? MEGA is asking me for a Decryption Key... :S

When will this be fully updated to 0.25?

Some parts, like the bombs, missiles, and most importantly ( for me at least) the variable angle swept wings, either don't appear or don't function correctly on the fix provided by the given link.

Everything else works like a charm ( except the aforementioned IVAs) and this is a worthy expansion for b9.

Edited by Voidwalker371

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.