[WIP]D12 Aerotech - A B9 Aerospace Expansion (Beta1)

PolecatEZ

Really nice mod, like those additions :D

But I originally loved it for the Naginata foldable rotor... And it doesn't appear in my parts lists. Is that normal ?

Yeah there are some issues. I don't think any of the animated parts work properly- for me the swing wings (The reason I got the pack) don't work at all.

Really nice mod, like those additions :D

But I originally loved it for the Naginata foldable rotor... And it doesn't appear in my parts lists. Is that normal ?

Have you seen it in previous versions? It's not included in the last release by PolecatEZ. Not all the parts pictured are included - the list above that is more accurate.

When will this be fully updated to 0.25?

Unless PolecatEZ comes back, or another modder like Eskandare picks it up, probably never ;.;.

Some parts, like the bombs, missiles, and most importantly ( for me at least)

The weapons require the Lazor plugin, included in any of the Lazor mods (the docking cam is probably the lightest, if you don't want the other Lazor stuff). Unfortunately Lazor hasn't been updated to 0.25 either, so could be a bit buggy. It might be better to use an alternative weapons mod like BDArmory.

the variable angle swept wings, either don't appear or don't function correctly on the fix provided by the given link.
Yeah there are some issues. I don't think any of the animated parts work properly- for me the swing wings (The reason I got the pack) don't work at all.

Do you have FAR installed? If so, swing wings won't work:

F-14 and X-02 won't actuate with FAR, because Firespitter locks them in position if that is installed.

Even disregarding the swing issue, those wings don't have FAR modules, so aren't compatible with FAR anyway. The other parts (whisper rotor, folding wing etc) should animate correctly. I suggest using Infernal Robotics if you want to make working, FAR-compatible swing wings.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get this working, not all the parts are showing up, all cockpits have a grey texture or no texture at all. Also when I place the firespitter contained in the pack in the folder, it stuffs up my B9 and then there is a weird interior of a cockpit on the hanger floor. Please respond, this mod looks really good and great for fighter planes.

Thanks for picking this up - I hadn't realised that B9 changed their file structure again.

Here is the new version, with some additional fixes (mainly for attachment nodes) for the Mk2 parts. Note though that a lot of the IVAs aren't finished so RPM monitors won't be available.

Let me know if you find further issues.

this is a community build from the previous page , B9 changed a lot from Release4 to Release5 and the original D12 mod author has appeared to disappeared, so nothing has properly been updated or maintained. B9 has also updated since that build was made so there more than a few bugs and incompatible parts

on the firespitter issue i would download the most current dll from the firespitter forum, and make sure there is ONLY ONE firespitter.dll in the entire gamedata folder.

i don't currently have this installed, so i can't (or really want to) answer any questions you may have. all i can say is to read the last few pages.

Edited by MoneyMan12Q

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, just a short announcement to say I'm back - my hell semester is finally over.

I see a LOT has changed since I last made this pack, so it will take me a bit to catch up on everything going on in the mod community.

The original D12 concept was to combine 2 projects -

1) Extend the B9 style to more stuff, like stock replacements and help it cover some new ground.

2) Fill in some gaps left between other mod projects.

Coming back, I see a lot of those gaps have been filled by newer shinies, so now we need to look for more :)

Thankfully Snjo has at least kept his FS plugin version updated, so that's actually good news as I won't need to learn a lot of new tricks.

Bad news is that B9 went full FAR, so I'm gonna have to figure out a whole new approach to swing wings or other variable geometry. Good news is that they implemented a lot of fixes and some new parts, so I have more stuff to play with.

Special thanks to Eskandare and any others that contributed to keeping this up as long as you did. You're welcome to continue and contribute as you wish. Let me know if you need gainfully employed or if you have any ideas.

Plans going forward:

1) With all that's changed, and FAR, most of the original project will be deprecated.

2) I'll revisit all the previously released stuff and see what hasn't been redone better elsewhere, and probably re-create it from scratch if it fits any of the planned packs.

3) The new MO will be smaller themed packs instead of a single big one.

- S2Wide will probably get a nice pack with lots of goodies, already sketched out some ideas. Other body types may get the same treatment later.

- Naval ships in modern style!

- Chopper rotors will be revisited with FAR in mind this time.

- Maybe some variations on the HX goodies, but I haven't done a good exploration on those yet.

- A little cross-over work with Kerbolite.

- Little kerbal kars would be cool, but I think some packs have already done versions of those. I'll see what's missing.

If anyone has requests or ideas or think something is missing, now's the time while I'm putting together a work flow.

Hi polecat, glad you are back! Really like the 1.25 size mk2 cockpits, swing wings and rotors.

Can I suggest that you employ a folder structure so if I do not want a part it is easier to prune. As it was with everything lumped into one folder, it was very difficult!

Also, make a HL cockpit and fuselage with flat bottoms like the shuttle. :P

Polecat, it's awesome to hear you're back! I consider this one of my essential mods, since I can't live without the helicopter rotors or Gladius VTOL engines. :D

I didn't even remember releasing the Gladius, LOL. I guess it was...well cool - it was the smaller horizontal mount one that never saw the light of day. Those will be getting a remake, the issue will be with Unity as IRC the emissives were a mess and you had to back-date your Unity version to get them to work.

Glad to see you're back!

One question. What's Kerbolite? I don't get any results when searching the forums.

Karbonite...sorry. Maybe we need to add some Kerbolite to the resource pool :)

Hi polecat, glad you are back! Really like the 1.25 size mk2 cockpits, swing wings and rotors.

Can I suggest that you employ a folder structure so if I do not want a part it is easier to prune. As it was with everything lumped into one folder, it was very difficult!

Also, make a HL cockpit and fuselage with flat bottoms like the shuttle. :P

0.90 gave some extra stock stuff compatible with B9 HL series. My plans on the S2W may give you what you're looking for with that. The Mk2 to Mk1 Cockpit conversions originally were real fast to do, so those will go in the queue - now that some of PJ's stuff falls under the stock license there may be some cleaner ways to accomplish that also. The folder thing speed up the workflow, but yes, the idea will be to have better organization.

I didn't even remember releasing the Gladius, LOL. I guess it was...well cool - it was the smaller horizontal mount one that never saw the light of day. Those will be getting a remake, the issue will be with Unity as IRC the emissives were a mess and you had to back-date your Unity version to get them to work.

Karbonite...sorry. Maybe we need to add some Kerbolite to the resource pool :)

0.90 gave some extra stock stuff compatible with B9 HL series. My plans on the S2W may give you what you're looking for with that. The Mk2 to Mk1 Cockpit conversions originally were real fast to do, so those will go in the queue - now that some of PJ's stuff falls under the stock license there may be some cleaner ways to accomplish that also. The folder thing speed up the workflow, but yes, the idea will be to have better organization.

All I ask for is you make an adapter to match up the stock Mk2 parts to the B9 Mark2 parts because there is not looking like there will be a fix from them anytime soon for that.

*snip* Kerbolite. *snap*

Keboliteâ„¢: A Scaled down version of Karbonite. No scanning, no prospecting, just plain landing and mining. You get one drill-converter unit for each size, no tanks, no special engines. You mine it, you burn it. We take care of anything else.

Anyway, great to see you back! I'm way too excited about this.

One thought about folding wings and FAR: Wouldn't it be possible to separate the wing into two parts (base and tip) where the base has an attachment node- that can be turned via Infernal Robotics - on with the tip hinges? Just make the connection between the two, like, really strong.

Getting all the quirks of the Firespitter system nailed down took a lot of time, I'm groaning at the thought of remaking everything with IR power, which means FAR, IR, and FS dependency. In the end though, it may be the only real solution.

Right now I'm still just getting back into the game. Procedural wings is a little more powerful now, so a good solution to the wings issue might just be to make specialized joints for different variable-geometry wings. They won't have the AoA detection and automation built in from FS control, but it would be the most elegant fix.

I'm also in the market for a good float code. Snjo's FS float code does the job well, but I need it in a much bigger default range that doesn't reset when you touch it. It looks like the tech for "big parts" is less of an issue now, so modernized carrier and ship parts may be a more feasible technical possibility again.

I did notice a dearth of good chopper rotors in the current crop of mods also, there's just 2 that I found so far and they're not for bigger projects for sure.

The list is getting to a good shape - after the holidays I'll get cracking.

I don't think anyone has made propulsion parts similar to whats found on this - http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Assault_Ship have they ?

Can this be a request :D ? Would be nice to have parts like this, and as big as this, because would be nice to make some HL sized VTOLs and also the smaller version too, because there isn't much propeller mods around.

I don't think anyone has made propulsion parts similar to whats found on this - http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Assault_Ship have they ?

Can this be a request :D ? Would be nice to have parts like this, and as big as this, because would be nice to make some HL sized VTOLs and also the smaller version too, because there isn't much propeller mods around.

I think either Firespitter or BD made something like those, I don't remember. I do remember having them for a while but never found a use for them in anything I had.

Beta? 15MB?! Definitely going to have a play with this when I get a moment, the parts are looking fantastic.

You mean the big lateral fans? Try Freight Transport Technologies

Edited by Oafman

Oops, I should put that those parts are deprecated for now. I'll look for the fix another modder posted here and see if I can merge it in to work with 0.90. B9 was majorly revamped and broke pretty much everything though, and forcing FAR compatibility for B9 broke pretty much everything else.

I think either Firespitter or BD made something like those, I don't remember. I do remember having them for a while but never found a use for them in anything I had.

The original FS pack had Osprey-style VTOL props that could push something pretty big, but the turbo fans that could lift an Avenger carrier haven't been made yet so far as I know.

Tentative to-do list - no promises on priority or order or grouping for release:

* Sea Stallion style rotor, folding for carrier use.

* Sea Stallion tail rotor

* Avenger's jet engine, VTOL flipping

* Buzz rotor remake, larger and smaller size

* Twin-counter rotor remake

* Variable geometry toolkit using IR for making Pwings into various (solid) swing- and folding-wings - FAR compatible

* S2W Tail Ramp

* S2W VTOL sections

* S2W Cockpit/Bridge (Aerodynamic, Combat, and Space Explorer variants)

* S2W Cargo Box bay (quick release)

* Shorter and diverse S2W rear engine and nacelle adapters.

* Small cockpits as needed for various functions, but I'm still going through other mods to see if there's any missing niches.

* Naval ship parts, gigantorized S2W, HL, and HX parts - Need better float code tools. Snjo said someone could use his source to tweak and recompile with a different class name, but I'm allergic to coding.

* (far off concept) Train set based on S2 chassis - I'll have to get with the Kerbtown guys and see how feasible a railroad track system would be.

Overall, what I'd like to see is for salvaging dropped parts to become real and fun game play mechanic as well as supplement Karbonite game play.

Edited by PolecatEZ

I'm having a bit of a problem. No matter what I do, the cockpit textures do not display correctly. I have tried using a fresh install with just B9 and D12 installed, but the problem persists. The problem is that the cockpits are completely covered in a single shade of gray. The shape is just fine, but the color is nonexistant. Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.