Hey, Where i live there was a power outage.

Bearsh

What country has that for regulations? I don't think I ever heard of that stupidity before.

I'm in the UK, but I suspect the issue is pretty widespread, if only because all the grid-tie inverters seem to include anti-islanding as a feature.

I'm in the UK, but I suspect the issue is pretty widespread, if only because all the grid-tie inverters seem to include anti-islanding as a feature.
Not really, I know that In Canada and the US you're allowed to operate independent power supplies even when the main power is out.

You only require a second breaker panel and a master switch to cut your house off from the grid.

Well as a smaller child, i once experienced power outage because of a dumb truck driver cutting the power lines with his truck.

(He drove twice the speed limit into a power line, i am just glad the poles didn't fall down)

We rarely have power outages here in germany, perhaps every 5 years when someone cuts a cable with an excavator or a lightning strikes an important thing in the grid... Sadly im not able to see the stars since it either happens during daytime or a thunderstorm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.