How Did You Learn About KSP?

moeggz

I got the demo back when i read through the reddit's AmA of StarCitizen (which appeared on kickstarter back then) and someone was asking something like: "Will there be realistical orbital mechanics like in Kerbals Space Program?"

20mins after trying the demo i bought it... just few days before 0.17 was released. Most played game > 1000h! So, dear gods of kerbin, bless that wonderful person asking that question back in that AmA!

At first i saw it on Steam i think. After that i watched some YT videos from a guy named kurtjmac (never heard of him before). 50 videos later i tried the demo verison and bought the game the next day.

@ StainX .. wohoo, another austrian :)

I have no idea how I found it. I don't even remember when. I started playing probably just before/as 0.18.4 was released, since that was the first full version I got and I played the demo before that. I might have found it by googling "Sandbox games" or sth, because I remember doing things like this a while ago. I really wish my mobo hadn't broken, then I'd still have my internet history so I could find out how I discovered it.

A friend mentioned it in passing on a Minecraft server that I regular, saying that it was finally on Steam, and, since anything involving the word "Space" instantly grabs my attention, I immediately went to see what it was.

I had the demo for maybe ten minutes before I bought the full game. Here we are, 329 game hours later. All I need is a return trip from Laythe, Eeloo, and Eve, and I'll have landed everywhere (except Jool, obviously) and returned safely.

Someone on FARK mentioned it, I saw the word space, downloaded a bootleg copy and had to buy the game to give the money to the devs so the game would get better.

Less than three weeks later I had a kerbal on every body in the system with a flag. (As far as I know I was the first to put a flag on every body in the system except jool and the sun as I had craft on the way when the update came out) All stock too if that matters.

Was watching the NASA live stream of the Curiosity Rover landing on Mars. They interviewed one of the technicians (Bobak Ferdowsi:Mohawk Guy). He mentioned he played KSP, and I thought I better check out that game.

Orbiter related, was looking if any updates were happening in Orbiter, and came across references to KSP.

Grabbed the demo, played with that and even got to the Mun (but not back), and was hooked. Grabbed my paid version and was treated to the latest update the day after.

I've not once regretted getting it.

KurtJMac for me as well. I remembered him from my Minecraft days as the crazy guy who was walking to the Far Lands. I was surprised he was still doing it and watched a couple episodes, and then noticed he was also playing this weird space game.

Then suddenly almost a year has passed, and I'm still playing and still watching him, both walking to the Far Lands and playing KSP.

Weird how those things work out.

A guy at work mentioned it to me back in the 0.17 days; I downloaded the demo and bought the game shortly after (cheap at the price). Since 0.20 I really haven't played anything else as seriously (aside from Pixel Dungeon, but I don't consider roguelikes on a phone "real" gaming).

My wife told me about this game that one of the Greens was playing (Hank or John, I forget which) that she thought I would like. It was about a space program or something. Now she regrets telling me about it after I sank 500+ hours into it :P

KSP popped up as part of Steam's Summer Sale last year. I read "manage your own space program" and was thinking it would be an economic sim like Tropico. I enjoy those kind of games, and the price was right so even if I didn't like all that much I wouldn't be out of that much cash. Imagine my surprise as I, a life-long space geek, found out I would be building my own rockets and learning orbital mechanics! I have over 1k hours into the game so far. KSP is the BEST entertainment value I've ever encountered. I'm really looking forward to the economy being implemented.

I cant exactly remember how I found it,probably I was surfing on the internet about space things. Then I saw Ksp,I was like a peasant who saw an alien..

After trying out demo,my life is kinda changed,I never played a game this much except War thunder,which is online game.

I love to look at space pictures and movies of rocket launches and regularly search the web for such stuff... and in the last months of 2013 i discovered more and more KSP pictures during my searches until it got my interest... i went over to the KSP Page, watched the movies, checked on youTube for some lets plays and instantly fell in love... bought it... and it eliminated all other wishes to play different games in the blink of an eye...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.