How to not loose electricity alot?

No matter how much batteries I put on when I go to mine the kethane... It drains electricity, Is there a way to make it where I have enough electricity? Or when its manned does it stay controllable?

Please I'm really tired of loosing electricity when my kethane storage is barely a quarter filled. :mad:

It can also be beneficial to right-click on the parts in the VAB to see how much power they drain, then also look at how much power solar panels are providing you. From there you just make sure that you have the necessary hardware such that you're regenerating more power than you are losing.

No matter how much batteries I put on when I go to mine the kethane... It drains electricity, Is there a way to make it where I have enough electricity? Or when its manned does it stay controllable?

Please I'm really tired of loosing electricity when my kethane storage is barely a quarter filled. :mad:

I don't know how much kethane mining eats electricity, but with landers you generally want to disable the SAS module if you're not moving around. Often times the SAS will rapidly drain your batteries since the torque rings stay active and tries to fight the slope of the terrain.

Always be sure to bring a ton of solar arrays on a Kethane miner. It also helps to just have one drill running at a time, then you can time warp if it's going too slow.

Perhaps it would help if we knew how many drills (say whether they're large or small, they have different power requirements) you are trying to run, how many panels (again, say whether they are the fixed type, 6x movable type or the XL gigantors) you are using to power them, your approximate distance from the sun (just say what body you are on) and if you are using any RTGs to supplement the panels.

Or a picture if you don't know some of that stuff.

Kethane drills are incredibly power hungry. Realistically you're going to want gigantor XL panels if you want to run large drills and even small ones need plenty of panels.

I don't know how much kethane mining eats electricity, but with landers you generally want to disable the SAS module if you're not moving around. Often times the SAS will rapidly drain your batteries since the torque rings stay active and tries to fight the slope of the terrain.

Just turning off SAS will suffice, you don't need to disable the module altogether.

This post brought to you by losing a lander on ascent due to lack of control authority when the pilot forgot to reenable the SAS module.

Just turning off SAS will suffice, you don't need to disable the module altogether.

This post brought to you by losing a lander on ascent due to lack of control authority when the pilot forgot to reenable the SAS module.

Sorry, that was more of a typo. I didn't mean to imply "right click and disable." Just to turn it off (press 'T') like Crown said.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.