[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Guest Space Cowboy

Great looking station stanonwheels. I have no idea how to give you reputation props or I would do it

Guest Space Cowboy

Thanks for props (and how to prop!). Truly a labor of love I figured I had between 100 and 200 hours in it. I just kept going.

You probably don't remember the post, since it's way back, but it irks me every time I see it: the last picture in my first post here doesn't hold a candle to the earlier ones... So yeah, there is a new Eagle replica in my collection. The trouble is, I want to release it with the base it builds from modules fitting it's payload bay, and it's currently too dark on Farside Crater to take pictures.

As usual I didn't remember to test it in a separate save to timewarp, this is my main, and the Moho launch window is creeping on me and I'm also putting together a couple of Medusa-class transports to put stuff there. So finishing this for release may take a while, therefore I've decided that here are a couple of screenies I'm really dying to share:

jkg36gx.png

This is the Eagle MkIII. Clearly my most sci-fi replica that actually works without cheating stuff. Ok, there's lots of clipping, but it's only aesthetics, no critical hardware is inside anything other than the big structural parts that are actually modelled hollow. Which means, doing all chemical landings, that this thing probably won't take off from Duna like it would be awesome it did. It has the T/W on chemical, but the nukes just don't have the T/W to do 90% of the landing like in Mun and the others are fuel hoggers whose only purpose is to look cool, and give high T/W and high gimbal control (x3 normal engines, x2 the next best ones) for the terminal descent with unbalanced loads. So it'll probably fall short to do a full landing+takeoff run., but what the hell, I am not going to stop trying just in case. A Munar run (land, drop, back to orbit) takes form about 40% of an orange tank (with practice), to 75% if you are wasteful and arrive dry, so prepare to do a lot of docking and fuel runs. But you have to pick up the cargoes anyway, right? Unless you launch directly from kerbin with the module on the cargo bay, they it can also deploy it on the Mun surface and make it bad to LKO/LMO without refuelling (a "safe" kerbin landing is dubious, but probably doable).

rsF1dtL.png

Rune. Hope you like it, it'll be up for download soonâ„¢!

Edited by Rune

I have a two-shot for ya.

1. My "isplore" rover. It's a few versions old but still king for full-speed + low-grav baja action.

vAQSriG.png

link in my sig to the thread for it and craft file.

2. A sort of minimalistic science ship for 1 pilot that I call "Solo". It carries 1 of everything except the big lab, nuke for efficient travel and a little VTOL engine for easy landing. It's very well balanced, center of mass being in the fuel tank so it won't go front/back heavy as fuel is used.

I had originally tried to SSTO it but decided I would rather have it be good at space and return trips and I'll use a launcher.

Shown here with ridiculous launcher:

4Bm12dU.png

QJsGLBY.png

EWdAUZh.png

The business end. 5700 d/v

wLCeiiv.png

optionally eject the tanks if things get tight on the return trip. 1350 d/v here and all science on board.

I've got a Saturn V that's scaled to fit the 2.5m command pod, so it's 64% the size of the real thing. I'm probably going to release it soon. Comes with a highly detailed LEM lander as well.

tB374aN.png

rFaNyNH.png

Edited by GusTurbo

Wow some nice craft in here.

I have one to add that I hope you'll enjoy as well

SSTO - Mk XI my small Ion fighter

Able to make orbit dock etc as a standard SSTO, has 2 missiles but the best part is it can split in half and become a tiny go anywhere ion powered Fighter Also the Booster will work for almost anything up to 7tn turning into an SSTO

Aqmk4K1.jpg

0oJiyK8.jpg

7qlPpRm.jpg

p3ggiD6.jpg

UPbv6Cu.jpg

Edited by KandoKris

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't mean to be tooting my own horn or anything, but I spent a lot of time cooking up the presentation for my KiG plane series:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

... But you guys decide for yourselves :wink: I've been inactive on the forums for a while, but I might start posting ships again... Depends on how lazy I am this summer :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.