[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Ehh only things i have made lately that were rep worthy are these things.

100% stock planes built to pretty much the limits of what can be done in the atmosphere.

Beast mk6

HA Mongrel mk2 (hypersonic jet, will circumnavigate)

Beast mk7

I mean the developers seemed to enjoy them, got a shoutout on twitter and facebook so they cant be too bad.

Other than that, stock fighter jets that actually work is about it.

Mini Beast

The beast mk6 (Armed)

I continued on my quest to create micronized functional craft. This satellite weighs 840 kg, delivers 13.200 m/s of delta V using an ion drive and has full mapping functionality.

lY4V22u.png

So, what for? Well... two of those satellites, each of them with different scanning equipment, can easily launch to LKO on a single SRB, reducing mission cost to a minimum.

d8bL9CB.png

The SRB makes it two thirds through the atmosphere, then the LFO stage circularizes, deploys the satellites and uses the built in computer core to de-orbit itself. The satellites can reach any point in the Kerbol system on their own. The complete mission including both satellites, launch and transfer stage is brought down to 59.6 k of funds, while delivering useful data, that will help in further missions.

Mods used: Procedural fairings and ScanSAT - No part clipping.

My new toy. :)

Uses FAR and the electric propeller from the firespitter mod. Those propellers consume a lot less energy in high atmosphere because they provide a lot less thrust. If it goes east, i can survive the night on batteries, if it goes west, it can keep up with the sun. So it can stay in the air forever :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

craft file - if anybody wants to try it out

Edited by Vlk
craft file

Well, someone asked me if I had moar of the constellation program crafts, and indeed I do:

Ares I (With Orion orbiter as payload)

430893ABA2930DAB2A36C966762981CDA0B6CC80

Ares V (Packs quite a punch, 18000 kN of thrust at litoff, the SRBs burn for 65 seconds, while the main core stage burns for 4 minutes, the second stage is barely used at all just for circularization, now, featuring fairings that separate in two halves!)

41BFBA0D9F3E2FD19131B1F3A7D4DAFC4F26DBA0

Orion Orbiter (The one in the other post is a heavier version designed for landing on big bodies.)

BCAB54F1FDD75F12F5317A262EF0B8918D97DF8D

Edited by danilon62

Well, someone asked me if I had moar of the constellation program crafts.

Twas I!

nice launchers dude. I ask as I have nearly finished my stock constellation mission pack and i'm curious to see how others tackled the problem. I haven't used orange tanks though. Gives it a different look.

Have you made the aeroshell landers yet?

Twas I!

nice launchers dude. I ask as I have nearly finished my stock constellation mission pack and i'm curious to see how others tackled the problem. I haven't used orange tanks though. Gives it a different look.

Have you made the aeroshell landers yet?

Not yet, but the Ares V can fit anything that isnt over 3.25 meters diameter, so I guess I could give it a try.

The only issue would be part count, the launcher itself is arround 300 parts.

Would be cool if I could check out your stuff!

Not yet, but the Ares V can fit anything that isnt over 3.25 meters diameter, so I guess I could give it a try.

The only issue would be part count, the launcher itself is arround 300 parts.

Would be cool if I could check out your stuff!

I am itching to post pics but its not 100% yet. :wink:

The part count of the Copernicus hab section Ares V is 1075.

Once launched and docked with the engine section its perfectly playable. Its mostly the fairing, which is quite large.

Quite fond of my new one; hopefully they'll fix it so you can pre-load command chairs in the SPH soon.

NEW! IMPROVED!

Kerbodyne Migration

Presenting the new release from the Kerbodyne SSTO Division’s Kerbal Transportation Solutions range: the Kerbodyne Migration. Capable of transporting twenty six Kerbals (two crew, four first class passengers, eight business class passengers and twelve economy passengers) in style, speed and comfort (well, in the first class compartment, anyway).

Half a dozen quick, inexpensive trips to the Mun and back and you won't just have a Munar base; you'll have a Munar town. Also available in conversions for use as an infantry transport, paratroop intruder, medium bomber, aerial command and control centre, combined crew/cargo delivery vessel, flexible research explorer or large executive jet.

Kerbodyne. Quality you can fly.

screenshot787_zps07f724eb.png

screenshot786_zps84a6c9b3.png

screenshot789_zpsfebd260d.png

screenshot790_zps25e31461.png

screenshot791_zps9988a786.png

* Action group 1 toggles Aerospikes.

* Action group 2 toggles inner RAPIERs.

* Action group 3 toggles outer RAPIERs.

* Action group 4 toggles RAPIER mode.

* Action group 6 toggles intakes.

* Action group 7 toggles boarding mode.

* Action group 8 toggles docking mode.

* Action group 9 triggers scientific instruments.

* Action group 10 toggles Vernors. Used for low-grav VTOL and emergency recovery. Keep toggled off at other times.

* Conventional RCS remains for your docking needs.

* Providing less legroom in economy class could substantially enhance the carrying capacity.

* Hopefully they'll soon fix the bug that prevents you from loading command chairs with Kerbals in the SPH. In the meantime, walk.

Part Count: 200

Wet mass: 47.947 t

Dry mass: 26.142 t

Price: from √151,496

* Also available: Wanderfound's Custom Edition. Features Mechjeb Flight Instrumentation, TAC-LS supplies and Extended Trim functionality: action group 5 sets trim to current inputs. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvms9evo7vjtckg/Kerbodyne%20Migration%20Custom%20Comfy.craft?dl=0

Also requires Shimmy's Throne and Kerbpaint for aesthetics.

If you're willing to use such tactics, you can clip infinite life support supplies into the forward bay without using the debug menu. Kinda defeats the point of TAC-LS, though.

screenshot992_zps2536abba.png

screenshot993_zps50c38af4.png

screenshot994_zps0c4ea018.png

The flying instructions are so simple that they could fit on one of Jebediah’s post-it notes.

1. Take off.

2. Set pitch to 20°.

3. Go to space.

Don’t turn on the Aerospikes until the oxygen runs out. Save the Vernors for when you need them: spin recovery and low-grav VTOL landings.

Appreciates attention to roll just after takeoff, but becomes completely stable once up to speed.

110kN of precisely balanced low-grav VTOL capability.

screenshot864_zpsacc39173.png

Economy Class.

screenshot792_zps99febf81.png

screenshot794_zpsb9ab3600.png

screenshot795_zps8e7978d0.png

Switching to docking mode.

screenshot796_zpsb53fd9d3.png

screenshot797_zpsab79311c.png

Spoilers for descent and landing.

screenshot799_zpsc72e7ec1.png

Easy take off.

screenshot801_zps181aed9c.png

Simple ascent profile (profile showing here slightly lower than norm for flight testing purposes. 20° recommended for normal use).

screenshot806_zps6570ce62.png

Perfect transonic stability. Hands-off piloting with SAS alone after getting up to minimum flight speed.

screenshot808_zps0d0ab72b.png

Enough power for a horizontal ascent: note the low angle of attack and lack of control surface activity.

screenshot811_zps0f128c88.png

Accelerates rapidly.

screenshot812_zps7ede8439.png

Outer engines shut down to extend air-breathing capability.

screenshot818_zps0e67e6f9.png

Switching to closed-cycle propulsion. Aerospikes activated.

screenshot819_zpsa30dbb5c.png

Finally start to see some heating effects. Exceptionally smooth aerodynamics leave the Kerbodyne Migration immune to speeds that would tear lesser craft to shreds.

screenshot824_zps55bf53e8.png

screenshot825_zps4879e270.png

Getting quite warm now.

screenshot829_zps4668024a.png

Whoops.

screenshot830_zpse470e1eb.png

screenshot831_zps472245de.png

(note: shock heating damage inflicted as a deliberate flight testing procedure. Will not occur if customers follow a sane 20° flightpath as instructed. Kerbodyne takes no responsibility for customer losses while flying above Mach 7 in the lower atmosphere)

Still flies perfectly stably.

screenshot832_zpsc9b4f96e.png

There go the other ones.

screenshot834_zpsf142dd3e.png

screenshot835_zpsefee8226.png

(note: both losses due to temperature, not aerodynamic failure. The Kerbodyne Migration airframe is perfectly solid unless intentionally abused)

Still good.

screenshot840_zps9498c10a.png

Mach 8, let’s throttle off and see how we’re doing.

screenshot847_zps09b78ef0.png

Not bad.

screenshot848_zps6b853d12.png

I wonder what will happen if we hit the gas again?

screenshot851_zps56a069e7.png

Out of gas, maybe the RCS will work.

screenshot852_zpsfed9abc3.png

And that’s it, starting to slow down.

screenshot857_zpsc74e5c74.png

Oops.

screenshot859_zps1ec254fe.png

screenshot860_zps566c9616.png

I wonder how much RCS we have left?

screenshot858_zpsa23dac04.png

Requires SP+ and FAR/NEAR. Obviously untroubled by Deadly Reentry. Combines exceptionally well with Shimmy's Throne: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66220-Bond-Aerotech-Shimmy-s-Throne-1-3-1-F100-jet-engine-Updated-15-AUG-14

Craft file available from https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpwx7x5lyu9yr06/Kerbodyne%20Migration.craft?dl=0

Edited by Wanderfound

Prototype of the aerially deployed naval minefield. Any vessel hitting this area denial weapon at a high speed is a goner.

lSP9Ws6.png

I just need to perfect the dispersion system.

Naval mine laying vessel incoming.

My strategy underwent a revamp. I lay mines around the hostile fleet, preventing them from escaping, and then I subsequently destroy the vessels at range using my tomahawk cruise missiles. My AIM-9X and Iron Pike missiles could also work.

Edited by andrew123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.