[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Special fighters, you say? :P

T-50. :) The bomb bay contains a... present... :) :) It also has two A2A missiles, with room for many more.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Hehe. This is the PAK-FA Concept Craft, which includes a fully sized large mk2 bomb bay, and, if needed, 2070 units of fuel for the two turbofan engines.

I also threw in the prototype SSN-22-1 missile, but this iteration has an extremely short range. It does, however, seem to carry quite a bit of kinetic energy.

Our first bomb bay equipped stealth long range strike fighter.

Download of the prototype pak fa plus the prototype ssn-22-1 will be available to KATEC members upon request, although I will allow non members of KATEC to acquire the craft file on case-by-case basis through PM's. One of the longest ranged aircraft ever made in KSP.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

IvGftaP.png

KOrWCAk.png

jek5nsP.png

X62wPgd.png

Just went online last night. Designed to be completely modular, the Babylon station currently has a Command module, habitation module and power module (with detachable solar panels) that can be expanded as needed. The two ming tugs (at each pole) do most of the "moving" around with either a docking port or grabbing claw. Should be adding the docking and science modules later. I haven't done this in career mode yet as the price tag tops over 500K.

MpbyF58.png

The shuttle docked with the mini tug grabbed

3C9vYoG.png

Since most of the posts seem to be about replica aircraft, I guess I could enter my replica...

Koeing 747p Passenger Variant

Has wonderful maneuverability: barrel rolls, wingovers, Aileron rolls, and Immelman turns have all been proven possible. I have also landed it on a ~45 degree slope at ~60m/s :cool:

Additionally it has an excellent Kerbal capacity at 42 Passengers + 2 pilots.

a22c587f1c8c6deebdc8fffa78b346c7

213dddd43ed3b7ac36affe318f9ad244

If you would like a craft download, I can provide one.

c509f409f1e2d15bafe514c698844a83

Requirements: B9 Aerospace and KSP 0.24

Recommended: Crew Manifest (Otherwise exiting Kerbals from the cabin is difficult!)

Mars Mission Industriesâ„¢ and Koeingâ„¢ are not responsible for any accidents, rampages, "Hard Landings", fatalities, injuries, loss of pitch attitude, depreciation in value, loss of control, flat spins, or loss of keys. The most probable cause is pilot error or Jebediah Kerman. Have a Wonderful Day.

I think this fits in here nicely

0.25 first SP+ rep contender a large cargo SSTO - "Slugger"

Well as large as I can for now. 10tn tested might do more but it wouldn't fit

pQVBm2u.jpg

I've now completed my 3rd flight in a row with dramas so I'm calling this 1 done for now.

Slugger hits a home run by being able to get to orbit with enough left over to reach a 300 km station with the cargo untouched. Haven't tried to reach mun but I bet it could do a flyby. Will have to try later I think.

Only seats 4 but its easy to swap a cargo bay for 2 passenger segments as the rear cockpit is the main part and connector but don't worry as there is no bendiness in it as its been thoroughly wobble tested :)

Can handle long x4 time warp without major hassle

Glides with ease even when fully laden

VP6AplT.jpgHblWCY6.jpgajzqh8T.jpg

Complete action list and what I believe to be the best flight plan in craft description

Download and try it for yourself :cool:

Also works as a bomber :P Just flip the cargo bays

RNqvhEG.jpg

Edited by KandoKris
Shameless addition of another pic

One of my first and favorite designs, on its 4th major revision over several updates. The Odyssey Medium Transport; kudos if you can guess what other spaceship I patterned it after.

http://i.imgur.com/SEN08DG.jpg

That's from Oblivion, right? The implausible-looking spaceship without fuel tanks that almost convinced you it was plausible.

Rune. Quite like the plot, actually.

That's from Oblivion, right? The implausible-looking spaceship without fuel tanks that almost convinced you it was plausible.

Rune. Quite like the plot, actually.

Not quite. The overall shape is actually based off the Elephant TL from X3: Reunion. It was my favorite ship in that game, and I wanted to recreate it KSP-style.

Quite proud of this one:

Are you sick of always having to fly everywhere? Would you like some ground-based exploration options? Are you looking to get into Fine Print rover waypoint contracts? Well, Kerbodyne SSTO Division has just the vehicle you need.

Come kick the tyres on the new Kerbodyne Bushranger. Just be careful of your toes when you're kicking the rover; those things are solid metal.

screenshot17_zps11ae0557.jpg

The usual easy takeoff behaviour that you can expect from a Kerbodyne design.

screenshot18_zps517d9de5.jpg

Plenty of performance in the air.

screenshot19_zps37e14915.jpg

Stable enough to fly under maximum time acceleration.

screenshot21_zpsf733e3cf.jpg

Even at vigorous speed.

screenshot22_zps9f80d20b.jpg

Switch to nuclear propulsion as soon as you get above the breathable atmosphere in order to save fuel.

screenshot23_zpsb04d4aee.jpg

Shallow final ascent trajectory recommended.

screenshot24_zps466398f7.jpg

A quick docking with a tanker in order to refuel before heading off. Vernors toggled off during this procedure.

screenshot33_zps7d0974f9.jpg

screenshot34_zpsbe94945f.jpg

And there's our destination: Mun. Time to head off.

screenshot36_zpsdb4d4d65.jpg

screenshot38_zpsb33ce56b.jpg

screenshot41_zpsecf08924.jpg

Again, use the nuke to save fuel; keep the RAPIERs as an option for when you need a sudden burst of thrust.

screenshot43_zps394a0d5e.jpg

After nullifying orbital velocity with the nuke, level out and soften the landing with the VTOL jets.

screenshot45_zps4889a300.jpg

screenshot46_zpscd44d417.jpg

...and safely down.

screenshot47_zps6a0fe097.jpg

Open the bay doors...

screenshot48_zps875c2ff2.jpg

...and undock the rover.

screenshot49_zpsd88349cf.jpg

screenshot50_zps3d456dba.jpg

screenshot51_zpseb502432.jpg

Best to roll the mothership away rather than try to drive out from underneath. Don't want Jeb bumping his head on the engines.

screenshot52_zps44f7f3fd.jpg

...and a-roving we shall go.

screenshot53_zpsa83abe89.jpg

So long as the SAS is engaged, this micro-rover is actually surprisingly stable. It is also able to self-right itself with RCS if mishaps occur.

While it is possible to get the rover back in to the bay by using the rover's RCS VTOL ability, it is very fiddly to do. Hopefully Porkjet will be coming out with some loading ramps in the nearish future...

Designed for FAR, but may work in stock aero. Craft file available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebdbdw33cdoi5u6/Kerbodyne%20Bushranger.craft?dl=0

Wikisend seems to be down at the moment, but I'll share some of my most useful creations and provide craft files once they become available.

Mainway Aerospace (a wholly owned subsidiary of Mainway Enterprises) proudly present our most usefully game-breaking products!

#4: The 2014 Mainway Butterfly

SST10_zpse94cb8db.jpg

Deliver a crew of up to 6 in comfort and style! This little SSTO can shuttle between LKO and the KSC safely and reliably for nothing more than the cost of gas! Includes solar panels, RCS system, and docking port to make orbital rendezvous a breeze!

Price: √30,678 Butterfly1.craft

#3: The Mainway Utility Launch System (aka "the Forklift")

Establishing Kerbal settlements in Space and beyond requires a lot of lifting, assembly in orbit, and (until now) money. Wouldn't it be nice if you could lift 15 tons of whatever you like into orbit, rendezvous and assemble it in place, then return your entire launcher to KSC for reuse? Wouldn't it be even better if the launch only cost a thousand kredits and the vehicle itself was actually affordable?

This job needs a forklift!

ULS10_zpsf60600a0.jpg

The little cluster at the bottom is the ULS. All of the rest of it is pure payload, baby!

Price: √66,898 ULS2 Forklift.craft

#2 The Mainway Krakelicious Mk II

Imagine if space exploration was as simple as hopping into your car and cruising around the corner for a loaf of bread. Imagine if you could land on Eve and return to orbit in a single stage. Impossible?

Evemission7_zps7d37e976.jpg

We at Mainway Aerospace have done so much for so long with so little, we've managed to accomplish everything with nothing! The Krakelicious Mk.II is the ultimate in glitch exploiting technology. It combines infiniglide with kraken drive (yes, it still works in .25) and allows you SSTO to Kerbin, Duna, Laythe, and yes even Eve! It also reduces interplanetary voyages from months or even years to mere days. All for zero fuel expenditure. Just hop in it and go!

Price: √67,582 Krakelicious MkII.craft

#1: The Mainway TR5 SS

Establishing permanent outposts on other bodies requires logistics. Lots and lots of logistics. You have to scout sites, shuttle payload, personnel, and fuel to the surface, then get it all in one place and assemble it. This means boosters, rovers, haulers, surface assembly vehicles, and tankers.

We at Mainway Aerospace have combined all of these functions into a single vehicle.

tr5ss3_zpsc29cfa96.jpg

Attaching a pair of these to your payload will allow them to place it on the surface of nearly any planet or moon, then deliver it to the site and assemble it together. In most cases it has enough fuel to climb back into orbit afterwards to refuel and repeat the process. Larger planets require refueling on the surface and Eve is the only landable planet from which it cannot return to orbit.

Price: √9,437 each TR5 SS.craft

Edited by GoSlash27

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.