[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Even thought I havent finished this plane yet but,I think it is worth to show.

I set some goals for plane; it must look beautiful,must be able to take of instantly,must be able to land instantly,must be maneuverable,and must be able to fly high altitude and speed.

Here some screenshots;

first proto;

lYj9Yb.jpg

thanks to air-brake boosters,bill landed to sea safely;

oQ39Qk.jpg

some improvements over design;

Vpa6pr.jpg

Umm,still I have some serious problems but,I believe this plane is going to be awasome.

It's hard to choose... I'll post my favourite air-breathers.

Here's the largest payload to LKO: 4 Jumbos(FEq)

nhSucUg.jpg

Here's the most NERVA delta-V at LKO: 7+km/s.

BzbmfH0.jpg

Here's the most ION deta-V at LKO: 10+km/s plus landing/takeoff gas.

hqa6dD2.jpg

Here's the most maneuverable with aerodynamic stability.

8SaMWxU.jpg

And, here's the most fun to fly SSTO.

Tx6N1Up.jpg

You can find these craft in my catalogue: Flyingfox, Condor, Dragonfly, Matador, Razorback

I can't say that I didn't get enough love for Mr Roboto on youtube, but the post went kind of missing on the forums!

anyway, if we're here to repost some of our most lovely ships.., here's what I got!!

MR ROBOTO serie (videos)

A bipedal walking robot. My first one (have a second one done, I'm recording footage to make a new serie!)

M1 Dynamics Pod Racer!

http://gfycat.com/RelievedAcademicBasil

I love this thing :), 2 videos

The rest

Wall Landing Drone

qrc1hIK.jpg

And... SPIDER DRONE!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Dinosaur??

http://gfycat.com/AncientHandsomeKouprey

http://gfycat.com/ChubbyRipeHoatzin#?speed=2

By the way, I also make normal stuff..., not much:

My Delta Stratowizard going under the bridge over Mach 1!!!

http://gfycat.com/NeedyMatureDoctorfish

enjoy :D

(and what the hell, subscribe :P)

Well I'm rather proud of my Apollo-style career mode Mun lander:

14022518851_674d808277_b.jpg

14026157784_00ca8c6697_b.jpg

This wasn't actually the final design, the finalized design had more fuel capacity, a lower materials bay in the center, and used RTGs. I have a habit of doing what would be a full overhaul in real life of most of my space craft between missions.

Even though it didn't even get to orbit last save and I have yet to get all the needed parts unlocked this time around, I think that this bad boy is my crowning achievement if only because of all the tweaking it took to get things juuuuust right when fully constructed in the VAB. I designed this after the (relative) success of the Dyson and its manned Eve flyby mission.

13321078504_f675b744bb_b.jpg

Ignore the name, the first one would have been the Oberth. It's designed as a VASIMR driven, nuclear powered, TAC compatible, reusable interplanetary mothership for manned missions all around the solar system.

13321080544_e922a6aa4e_b.jpg

The habitat and payload section. Again, I forgot to take pictures of the final design, which was the same save for having twelve docking ports at the center of mass rather than eight. This ship was to be assembled on orbit in roughly fourteen launches. Payload for the first mission to Duna would include two crew vehicles, two landers, two orbital probes, and two to four probe landers. The habitat segment has room for thirty when fully deployed, but the crew would be kept to six for actual missions.

13321074094_3071a7bec9_b.jpg

The drive module, two 200kw argon VASIMR engines powered by two 250kw reactors and two smaller supplementary reactors to help pick up the slack, since for some reason the batteries drained at 100% thrust despite both main reactors being fully operational during ground testing.

If all went well on the first Duna mission the Oberth would have gotten a sister ship, the Tsiolkovsky, and a larger and more advanced ship would have been designed to visit Jool while these two second generation designs would have been sent to Eve, Moho, Dres, and maybe even Eeloo. Eventually the Oberth and Tsiolkovsky may even have been called on to haul components and crews for space stations and colonies on Duna, Ike, Gilly, Moho, or even the Joolian muns. But alas, that's all on hold thanks to 0.23.5. Gotta get those first space stations up and suck Minmus and the Mun dry of science before moving on to bigger and better things like this.

I already posted this a couple times before. 3rd time is just for show off and I agree. But the thread title says show off too and I'm alright with that :sticktongue:

This one is old though, made in version 0.23. I already made a cleaner Star Destroyer for 0.23.5

p5q5.jpg

je27.jpg

xl74.jpg

Edited by DauntingFlyer

Moar Boosters, I see you've evolved your pancakes for 0.23.5... I expected to see something like that given the new joint strengths. Are you using welding or are the joints simply strong enough to hold that together now?

I think this might challenge your reusable SSTO for size, but it's only reusable if you don't decouple the landing gear at takeoff. The landing gear has to be on girders due to the fact that a Starcraft battlecruiser has anhedral rear "wings" and so there's nowhere near enough clearance for landing gear without some kind of extension, but the gear is decoupled after takeoff for aesthetic reasons.

MBwCoqd.jpg?1

Moar Boosters, I see you've evolved your pancakes for 0.23.5... I expected to see something like that given the new joint strengths. Are you using welding or are the joints simply strong enough to hold that together now?

I think this might challenge your reusable SSTO for size, but it's only reusable if you don't decouple the landing gear at takeoff. The landing gear has to be on girders due to the fact that a Starcraft battlecruiser has anhedral rear "wings" and so there's nowhere near enough clearance for landing gear without some kind of extension, but the gear is decoupled after takeoff for aesthetic reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/MBwCoqd.jpg?1

Allmhuran!, why don't you use infernal robotics to set your landing gear?, this way you could hide it under the belly after you take off, and extend it when you need to land :)

Allmhuran!, why don't you use infernal robotics to set your landing gear?, this way you could hide it under the belly after you take off, and extend it when you need to land :)

I have chosen to play stock parts only. I do use a couple of mods, but only convenience/bugfix/gui improvement mods like editor extensions, precise maneuver nodes, etc.

Skylon releasing satellite:

14053394385_36c10c14f6_o.png

Spaceplane tug:

14053843224_e4829acfa1_o.png

Pol space station delivered(single launch, the lander is on the very top). Also once I detach the NERVA's on the sides, each has a solar panel, a docking port and a probe core so they can be used as tugs later on:

14032065254_a80d11a922_o.png

14032062684_c24a387785_o.png

The only mod I use to help construction is the VAB extender. It's got a couple of thrust plates in there, quite a lot of struts and some slight part clipping which sort of adds stability but sometimes comes with explosive side-effects. I'm pretty sure I can go a lot bigger as it wasn't too much trouble getting it working, it's just very time consuming flying into orbit with RSS installed.

Hi guys, great thread.

Here's my submission - Not sure it's rep worthy but I really enjoyed building it over a couple of days messing around stock. This was fun to build. Launching it was a pain (Where are all the mile long launch rail components? ha!) so it was boosted it vertically (Sacrilege!!!)

Descriptions are below in the mouse overs. This was stock v23. I'll try working on another version with the 23.5 stock parts when I get the time. Then perhaps a proper mission with adventure!

Now... to build a rotating space centre control complex... Hmmm... Tricky...

Cheers,

W

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.