[1.1.2] [v0.5] Switch Active Vessel

avivey

helicopter took off, disappears after switch vessel.

distance <1.5km.

previous version don't have this problem. = (

I think I was able to recreate this... Was the other vessel more than 200 meters away?

In stock, you can't switch using `[`/`]` to something more than 200m away, while moving in the atmosphere; You can jump to something that is less than 200m away, and then jump again from it to another vessel (with `[`, but not with `]`!), so the first vessel is more than 200m - and it will disappear.

With this mod, you can jump directly over the 200m barrier, and lose the original vessel in one go.

In the previous version, the mod was limited to 200m, so you couldn't jump directly beyond the range.

There is one thing I can try, so it might not actually let you jump directly into a far away vessel, but the ability to jump and jump again is in the game itself, so there's nothing I can do to actually protect against that... Maybe in a 0.24?

EDIT: There are two functions that switch vessels - "SetActive" and "ForceSetActive". One can eat ships, and the other one is too limited to be fun. My best idea right now is to have a toggle button to let you activate the unsafe one when you want to.

Edited by avivey

They are loaded, but they stay on-rails (At least with .23.5, on kerbal) until they reach 200m (There may be a way to change this number too). When trying to send a vessel that is throttled-up to be on-rails, ksp just deletes it instead.

Updated to v0.3:

Will try to prevent you from making dangerous jumps (By not jumping), and warn you beforehand (By using red highlights).

"Force" checkbox will ignore all safety features.

"Eager" checkbox to turn warning highlight on and off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A few minutes of testing with .24.2, it looks like it's working.

(I was still holding back at .23, maybe I'll upgrade soon).

Thanks for the reply, adding it now and will report problems if I encounter any.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I've never heard of this; Do you have any more mods installed? Which OS are you using?

I in windows 8 on a powerfull labtop.

The problem is still there after I removed the mod. TI think it startet when I installed the mod. The mouse curser moves normal but when I press and hold the right mouse button to pan the view its stuck???

Mods: USI Kolonization Systems, Karbonite, Freight Transport Technologies, USI Exploration Pack, KAS, Near Future Solar, MJ plugin, Kerbal Alarm Clock, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, Infernal Robotics, Distant Object Enhancement, SCANsat, TAClife maby more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'd like to report a problem. After switching the selected vessel stays highlighted red. For most parts it can be fixed by moving the cursor over them to reset the highlighting, but for some it doesn't.

Looks for me like a pass for each part with setHighlightDefault is missing?

tqYPHtq.png

I'll try to look into it. It looks like the physics-less parts don't get de-highlighted?

Sounds about right, yeah :)

It also does not happen always, otherwise it would be too easy :wink:

Please keep this going, one of my must have mods since I never got the default [,] keybindings to work!

• 1 month later...

I've briefly looked at using the stock toolbar, figured that blizzy's one is much better.

But I think I have a better idea - has anyone made a plugin for "add whatever you want to whichever toolbar, no coding required" plugin yet?

• 3 months later...

Hello, is this mod 1.0.2 compatible ?

I was looking just for this functionality!.... "[" and "]" keys somehow do not work on my keyboard (Italian keyboard layout). Also, when you have a lot of vessels around, switching to the next one until you get to the one you need to is not practical, you just want to switch to one particular vessel... and without going back to Space Center and then to Tracking Station.

Thanks

Maraz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.