Skylon Cargo SSTO v2.0 (UPDATED)

• 2 weeks later...

So, this looks awesome and I'd really like to try it out, however, I seem to be encountering a problem.

I downloaded the .craft files, and placed them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\savegamename\Ships\SPH and once I've done that, whenever I go into the SPH and hit "Load" nothing happens. No window pops up, etc. The moment I remove the downloaded .craft files and hit load, the lists of space planes appears as normal.

I am confident this is my fault and I'm missing something, however, I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

So, this looks awesome and I'd really like to try it out, however, I seem to be encountering a problem.

I downloaded the .craft files, and placed them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\savegamename\Ships\SPH and once I've done that, whenever I go into the SPH and hit "Load" nothing happens. No window pops up, etc. The moment I remove the downloaded .craft files and hit load, the lists of space planes appears as normal.

I am confident this is my fault and I'm missing something, however, I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

1. Make sure the files are in the right folders(one of the .craft's is a subassembly as mentioned in the OP and have to be placed in the subassembly folder

2. Make sure you launch the right version of KSP

3. Make sure you have the latest build (0.23.464)

4. Once again re-check that the files are actually there and that they are in the SPH

If none of this works you can just open the .craft file of Skylon, copy the contents, create a new .craft file and paste the code in there!

Open .craft files with notepad

1. Make sure the files are in the right folders(one of the .craft's is a subassembly as mentioned in the OP and have to be placed in the subassembly folder

2. Make sure you launch the right version of KSP

3. Make sure you have the latest build (0.23.464)

4. Once again re-check that the files are actually there and that they are in the SPH

If none of this works you can just open the .craft file of Skylon, copy the contents, create a new .craft file and paste the code in there!

Open .craft files with notepad

Thank you for trying to help! Just to let you know what I tried!

1. I've confirmed that all the .craft files are in the saves\savegamename\ships\sph\ directory EXCEPT the Skylon_sub.craft file. The Skylon_sub.craft file is in saves\savegamename\subassemblies\

2 & 3. On the main menu of KSP, it indicates I am running version 23.5.464

4. I have verified the files are all in the proper location.

I went ahead and tried to copy/paste the contents of Skylon.craft to a brand new .craft file and the same results occur. I hit load and nothing happens, no load menu with a list of ships. I remove the Skylon.craft fileand/or the .craft file I copy/pasted to and the load list comes up fine again.

I should mention that my game is modded, however, none of the mods add parts as far as I know. I think some of the mods might retexture parts though...

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by Bandus

Thank you for trying to help! Just to let you know what I tried!

1. I've confirmed that all the .craft files are in the saves\savegamename\ships\sph\ directory EXCEPT the Skylon_sub.craft file. The Skylon_sub.craft file is in saves\savegamename\subassemblies\

2 & 3. On the main menu of KSP, it indicates I am running version 23.5.464

4. I have verified the files are all in the proper location.

I went ahead and tried to copy/paste the contents of Skylon.craft to a brand new .craft file and the same results occur. I hit load and nothing happens, no load menu with a list of ships. I remove the Skylon.craft fileand/or the .craft file I copy/pasted to and the load list comes up fine again.

I should mention that my game is modded, however, none of the mods add parts as far as I know. I think some of the mods might retexture parts though...

Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome! Well modded KSP doesn't provide 100% reliability, so you must always be prepared that stuff like this can happen.

A guarantee is removed from your game circa v 0.21, it is in the support and bugs forum I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.