Eclypse (Ltd) Space Division parts pack v1

esd

Note: This pack is a little outdated. Two parts currently suffer the 'red texture' problem, and the engine\'s meshes seriously need optimising. Unfortunately that\'s 'job for another day' territory, but I will get round to it.

Thread\'s been unlocked (Cheers Cap\'in!), upload replaced with working file as someone requested it.

------------------------------------

Had a bit of a re-organise. Put all the parts into a single download and called it a pack. Installation: Download the attached .zip and extract it into your KSP\Parts directory.

kspesdpartspack1.jpg

LMX Reverse-Sweep Wing

The Kerbos in the Space Division over at Eclypse (Ltd) have been busy recycling spent rocket-casings, and have made these reverse-sweep wings for those times when you need a little bling.

Not just blingy, the LMX reverse-sweep-wing offers a slight performance boost over stock-rivals, but at the cost of a little added weight. (In RL, reverse-swept wings are more stable at lower speeds because of moving the wing\'s stall-point, but they need more material to build)

They also popped on a positioning light, but apparently the bulb blew. It might get fixed when the engineers have access to luminosity controls!

(Many thanks to Darrknox for pointing me in the right direction on a couple of things.)

PT2a Parachute Arm

After Jeb had his house remodelled, he had some leftover reinforced-support-joists. Cobbling these together with a little leftover aluminium, the Space Division Kerbos knocked together a radially-mounting parachute-arm, in an attempt to get more stuff back in fewer peices than normal.

Not only does this arm allow you to attach parachutes to stacked modules, but it also holds the parachute (and cables) away from the module it\'s supporting.

TG-175 Liquid Engine *new*

Jeb\'s heavy use of the throttle required a bit of a rethink in mid/upper-stage engine design, as he had a habit of overheating the engines and using up all available fuel. The Space Division at Eclypse (Ltd) came up with the TG-175. The TG-175 is, in many way, an improvement over the TG-150 - especially considering the TG-175 actually got off the ground. Though producing less thrust than the LV-T30, the TG-175 is lighter, more fuel-economical and capable of withstanding higher temperatures, so it will keep Jeb happy.

Looks good, but what use does it have in the game? Does it actually stabilize the rocket like the first winglets (in a good way) or just for the looks?

The angular stability is slightly higher, as is the crash-and-heat resistance (as a result of bulkier construction). The weight has also been increased slightly (again, as a result of the bulkier construction).

And for looks.

Whoa hoa hoa, nice to see you're getting into the addon game! I'll definitely sure to check this out. And I'll be adding this to the index.

Cheers - and thanks for the help :)

here's an idea from a complete modding novice- make it so that the wings have a teeny rocket in there, lighting it up. Would that work? i understand that it'd only work when that bit was activated, but still. Possible?

From what I can tell from the .cfg files, yes and no and sort-of. I can make a mesh of a rocket-on-a-wing, and I can certainly mount it in-game, the tricky bit is defining what it is. Is it a rocket? In which case it won't be much of a stabiliser. Is it a winglet? In which case it'll provide no lift...

From what I can tell from the .cfg files, yes and no and sort-of. I can make a mesh of a rocket-on-a-wing, and I can certainly mount it in-game, the tricky bit is defining what it is. Is it a rocket? In which case it won't be much of a stabiliser. Is it a winglet? In which case it'll provide no lift...

How about creating little rockets that can only be attached to the wings?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This brings back some memories like explosions on the launch pad, Jeb laughing as the escape tower failed and the parachute arms failed, Bill wishing he had taken that job in mission control, Good times of when i first joined..

Wow this was awhile back...

I think I have these parts in my old save folders.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

the zip file will not open.

If you look at the dates and other messages you will see this is a very old post and the attachments have not survived the server moves.

[gmod]Locking this thread. The author may contact a mod to unlock the thread if they wish to continue this project.

Unlocked at OP's request. Carry on.[/gmod]

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.