So... Uh.. This is new.

Jas1126

Try grabbing your command pod in VAB and moving the ship around. You might have one part that is floating somewhere under the ground.

I adjusted the TT18-A's one rocket over (to the right) and it fixed the problem. That's why I had come to the previously stated conclusion.

Seems you either used symmetry modes wrong, or placed your root part somewhere not directly above launchpad. Or both. Both of these have effects remotely similar to this.

Some of my experiments had launch clamps far off the launchpad and hanging in the air (since the box below it does not go all the way to the ground around) without any problems.

Edit: just a quick test:

aRVnqxu.jpg

Edited by Kasuha

Seems you either used symmetry modes wrong, or placed your root part somewhere not directly above launchpad. Or both. Both of these have effects remotely similar to this.

Some of my experiments had launch clamps far off the launchpad and hanging in the air (since the box below it does not go all the way to the ground around) without any problems.

As you can see in my previous post, simply moving the TT18-A's one space over (never moved the rest of the ship) fixed it. Not even sure how somebody could use a fixed property (symmetry mode) wrong. XD Well, unless they edited themselves. Either way, the ship looks fairly symmetrical. :)

I'm not saying adjusting one clamp couldn't fix it, because once you get behind certain limit, things start to be kinda random. But the reason is deeper. There seem to be a lot of parts in your ship, not sure how many but I know the game starts bending under its own weight after you cross about 2000 parts boundary.

I edited my post with a simple experiment but it's on previous page now. So here it is:

aRVnqxu.jpg

I'm not saying adjusting one clamp couldn't fix it, because once you get behind certain limit, things start to be kinda random. But the reason is deeper. There seem to be a lot of parts in your ship, not sure how many but I know the game starts bending under its own weight after you cross about 2000 parts boundary.

I edited my post with a simple experiment but it's on previous page now. So here it is:

Ah, I see. I didn't know about the 2,000 part issue. Thanks for the heads up.

It does look like you have moved the launch clamps too far from the launch pad, is the ship rotated in the VAB?

The only thing I did with the ships core was move it up. No rotation or movements from side to side. Perhaps when I moved the part up it was slightly shifted.

Edited by Jas1126

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.